Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » A good lightsabre-pic! (If you ask me) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: A good lightsabre-pic! (If you ask me)
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as I said, it can't be contradicted. YET!

------------------
Somehow we're going somewhere.

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the official Mace Windu action figure, and his light saber is blue!!

but....I have read somewhere on the net, maybe theforce.com, about orange and purple sabers...

------------------
"Hey you...you talkin to me?"
"Show me your steel"
"I will show you my iron claw technique!"
-Five

"Every lie is another brick in the path to hell"

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok guys I have found proof that an orange lightsaber is indeed cannon material, check out this link to lucas arts site with some screen shots for the new Star Wars: Episode I: Power Battles game

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jedipowerbattles/default.htm

I'm not up to date on my Star Wars charachters so I am not sure who this is, but they are very clearly wielding an orange lightsaber!!

-Marc

------------------
"Show me your steel"
-Five

Gepta001
Member # 231

I just got back from my local comic shop, and there were a couple Star Wars "Fans" and we got to talking and I asked them about the whole color thing. They both told me that Red is evil, and green is Jedi Master, and Blue is Trainee. One of them said oh and purple is neutral... I asked him about orange and he said it is evil because of red... that didn't seem like much of an explanation to me...but he obviously didn't know what he was talking about...

In the pictures from the Link I put in my above e-mail, I believe the individual wielding the orange lightsaber is supposed to be a Jedi council member, and the person wielding the red lightsaber looks female, and is either another jedi council member, or an adversary in the game.. But, IIRC, the game is based around Episode 1, so I thought the adersaries would be darth Maul, and some Trade Federation droids.. So is this situation either 1) not based around the movie necessarily, but the places in the movie so this could be another Sith altogether, 2) a good Jedi council member wielding a red lightsaber, thus eliminating the red is evil theory, 3) an evil Jedi council member, a hint at some more betrayal in episode II? 4) or something else entirely that I haven't been able to figure out yet?

-Marc

------------------
"Show me your steel"
-Five

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, only the movies can be considered canon.

Second, the law, that says the color of the blade reflects the owners Jedi-status, does not exist.
True, both Vader and Maul had red sabres, but to introduce an entire hierachy of tints between the other colors is pure fan-art. I wouldn't put much stock in it.
If you still want to treat all LucasArt-games as if they were canon, consider "Jedi Knight". Only one of the 7-8 dark Jedi's in that game had a red sabre, the leader Jerec. The other "Dark"-sabers covered the whole spectrum. How do you like THEM apples?

Now, Ep's II and III could start introducing all kinds of laws, rules and do's-and-don'ts in the Jedi-religion, but I wouldn't count on it. I think Lucas WANTS to cloud the whole Jedi-culture as much as he can, because if everything is settled there is nothing more to find out.

------------------

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, sorry, I forgot to check in here.
I got the picture on my site from theforce.net.
As you can see in it, there is an orange lightsaber and a blue one, though the whole canon/noncanon thing is probably murky on these sabers.

I screwed up the link. It's fixed now (Hey, it was 6am and I was up all night).

[This message has been edited by TLE (edited January 28, 2000).]

Nim
Member # 205

Nice four-oh-four you got going there!

------------------

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoops...
Nim
Member # 205

I'm sorry, I dont mean to insult your sense of colors but, is that orange to you? Looks like good 'ole Maul-red to me.
Can the figures be animated, like a little sabre-fight?

------------------

Gepta001
Member # 231

Nimrod: Where do you get your username from?....the link I gave you, on Lucas Arts offical homepage, with screen shots for Jedi Power Battles. The picture in the upper left has two Jedi in it, One is wielding a red saber, one is wielding an orange!! saber. I happen to have a voodoo 3000 graphics card, so I know there's nothing wrong with my colors. You are not insulting my sense of colors, however you are insulting your own sense of colors. I'll just insert the picture here..

------------------
"Show me your steel"
-Five

Gepta001
Member # 231

For a great article on the upcoming Jedi Power battles game check out this link

http://www.gameinformer.com/previews/preview_detail.cfm?ITEM_ID=4416

Be sure to check out images 6, 8, 11, and 17 for more pictures of the orange sabered Jedi.

this game looks awsome..I can't wait till April..

Oh, and on the whole canon, non canon thing. I believe that everything is canon, I think Lucas said as much in a couple different articles..

-FTM

------------------
"Show me your steel"
-Five

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The LucasFilm policy is that only the movies, novels, and radio dramas are canon, in that order. The rest of the stuff really isn't.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
John Linnell: "This song is called...it's called..."
Audience: "Louisiana! Montana!"
John Linnell: Don't tell me what it's called..."

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A canon hierarchy? Movies override books and so on?
Gepta001
Member # 231

why wouldn't a lucas made video game be considered canon

------------------
"Show me your steel"
-Five

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.theforce.net/swtc/continuity.html

The games are made by LucasArts, not LucasFilm...they're very different companies.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
John Linnell: "This song is called...it's called..."
Audience: "Louisiana! Montana!"
John Linnell: Don't tell me what it's called..."

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps