Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Well, he's still around after all... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Well, he's still around after all...
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well obviously he saw through that trap! He flipped thruogh his editions of the Star Trek: Encyclopedia & Star Trek: Chronology and saw the ship they were getting a distress call from had been decommissioned in 2196, according to a comment by a synthetic commander he would later meet!
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I understand well who we are talking about, I dislike the tone of this thread which implies a silent agreement what we have to think of Darkstar. If there is anything to be stated, it should not be obscured.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The defender of planet Rann used to be Adam Strange. When did that change?
capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'll have to dig out the relevant comics (it was a Green Lantern issue) but i think he was there too..

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool. As long as he was there. Having a story on Rann without Strange would be like going to a Burger King that had no Whoppers.
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Free ThoughtCrime America:
Cool. As long as he was there. Having a story on Rann without Strange would be like going to a Burger King that had no Whoppers.

i've been to a burger king when they were out of whopper buns [Frown]
IP: Logged
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you two have passed through Port Huron.... I know where there are a couple of Burger Kings that would be good locations for a fast food joint...

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Member # 480

I've been to a couple of Burger Kings that would be an Ideal Location for nuclear waste disposal.

It wouldn't change the consistency of the food one bit.

While we're on the subject of fast food, has anybody read "Fast Food Nation"? My eyes are bleeding from it. (I should point out that's a compliment.)

After finishing that book, I took a solemn oath to never eat at a fast food factory again. I intend to keep this oath sacred at least until the next time I'm broke and hungry.

Damn 99 cent cheeseburgers.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am pro-Burger King, and especially pro-Chicken Whoppers. Delicious. A good day consists of a film, followed by a Chicken Whopper, and then a delicious apple or cherry turnover from Arby's. They are all in a row on the street.

Then I go home and weep for hours.

capped
Member # 709

/me former McDonald's Store Manager

/me never eating fast food again. (from a major corporate chain)

and i recommend you read Fast Food Nation.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
McDonalds stores use a very loose interpretation of the term "food". Some of that stuff appears to gain partial sentience while it's prepared.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Meat tastes like murder, and murder tastes pretty damn good." -- Denis Leary

I love the BK Double Whopper with cheese (no tomato, no onion), but the single best burger in the world is the Hardee's Monster Burger. 2 whopper-sized patties, american cheese, mayo, and bacon strips. I can feel my arteries harden every time I eat one.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

capped
Member # 709

although i am mostly a vegetarian, my stand isnt against meat.

its against mind control and poison. mcdonalds is deforesting the world to make room for hormone fed, antibiotic addicted, genetically deficient cattle to deliver substandard meat that is full of chemicals to your car window, and making you think you want with slick advertising. the hormones is mcdonalds (and BK) food has been prven to be the cause of many changes in human growth patterns when it is fed to children. and thats exactly who the clown preys upon.

im not saying i dont enjoy the conveneince of a quick snack. the techniques involved in serving fast food are sound, just the sources of the food are reugnant and the people who are doing it are monsters.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm. Ate McD's from childhood, especially during growth spurts, and am now 6' tall and just under 200 lbs.

True, I could stand to lose 20 lbs, but that's more due to the fact that I could stand to exercise more than it is to my diet. No matter what I eat, my weight stays the same, at least for the last decade.

Frankenfoods are yum.

When you say something has been "proven," you should be ready to post the study (oh, yeah, like I follow that rule [Smile] ..).

Is there one?

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard something a couple of years ago about the relationship between steroid-saturated beef and american men growing up in the 60's someplace in the US, got big as houses and aggressive. Any of you heard of that?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps