Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Trial in progress - quiet please. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Trial in progress - quiet please.
MsChris
Member # 445

- posted      Profile for MsChris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay counsel may begin their opening statements.

Mr.Capps is in attendance?

*forgive the spelling and grammar - I've only been awake forever!*

--------------------
Awww...He ate my cookie!

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Look. I'll save ya the trouble. I'm a street Judge. I'm judge, jury and executioner all in one! Really.

MIB: Mr. Capps! You are being charged with changeing the forum without warning. The sentence is 5 years in prison. Hoe do you plead?

CC: Not Guilty

MIB: I knew you'd say that. I rule that Mr. capps is guilty! Take him away.

CC: You can't do this! It's against the law!

MIB: Yes I can! I AM THE LAW!!!!!!

MsChris: Guards! Get this crazy Judge Dread guy out of my court room.

MIB: What are you doing! I AM THE LAW!!!

MsChris: No you're not. Your just some dude in a funky costume acting like an idiot.

MIB as he's being dragged away: NO!! YOUR NOT THE LAW!! I AM!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

[ June 01, 2001: Message edited by: MIB ]

IP: Logged
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*ahem*

Ladies and Gentleman of the Jury. Many of you may refer to him as the benevolent administrator of the forums. The Good Leader. The one who brings happiness. But there is a side of him that you do not know. And that is what we this trial is about. We will bring forth evidence that the infamous "Forum Change" incident was merely a front to advance his plans for world domination. We will bring forth evidence that the Defendant was behind a sheep revolution that nearly brought the world to its knees. We will also bring evidence that the Defendant used his sheep to spread forth the deadly "Foot and Mouth" Disease across Europe. Finally, we will provide evidence that the defendant is the creator of the A3000 "Floating Head" SmitoTron that nearly leveled the town of Morgan Hill, which he affectionately refers to as "Moron Hell".

Besides that, we will be calling witnesses who will testify to the extent in which Charles Capps was planning to take over the world. We will call a former administrator who was fired and forced to remain in silence once he knew about the defendant's plans. We will call a person whose plans for domination of the United States were thwarted by the defendant who then used the witnesses plans to further his own agenda. We will call another person, who has documented evidence of Mr. Capps attempts to take over the world. Members of his family will be called, including the defendant's sister. Finally, you will hear from the Defendant's girlfriend, known only as "Jubilee", who will give her extensive knowledge of his diabolical plans.

In the end, your duty will be clear. You will find the defendant should be severely punished for his crimes.

[ June 01, 2001: Message edited by: Tahna Los ]

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Saltah'na
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm submitting my Witness List. The following people will be called to testify for the Prosecution. Keep in mind that this list is not in order.

Any remaining sheep not toasted by the barbeque
JeffKardde's Cat (what's left of it)
Daryus Aden
TSN
Frank G
Coddman
Liam
Sol System
First of Two
Lee Kelly
Jubilee McGann
MaGiC
LOA
The Capps Family *duh duh duh duh, snap snap*
Red Quacker (yes him, if he can be located )

This list is not complete. Other possible witnesses include Tachy (not likely) and Christian Hohne Sparborth. (We're investigating a possible link between the Flare Forums and the TrekBBS. According to an anonymous source, the defendant was seen mingling with Christian on several occaisions. Now if we can get those negatives developed without that guy screwing it up....)

[ June 01, 2001: Message edited by: Tahna Los ]

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DT? 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Charles didn't eat my cat!

YOU did, Tahna!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Saltah'na
Member # 33

I know, but it was only until now that I realized that your cat was a material witness in this trial.

--------------------

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your honor, the defense has only one thing to say:

Bring. It.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Charles didn't eat my cat!
YOU did, Tahna!

Tahna, you'll have to leave Jeff's pussy alone!

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*Gleefully sees another trial in progress and seizes the moment* Can I be one of the non-presiding justices Honorable MsChris? Yipee!

*ahem* May I ask whom is representing the Defense? Or will the State of Flare have to provide an attorney for Mr. Capps? We will need such an attorney and a list of witnesses for the Defense before this trial may begin properly.

--------------------
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

-Eleanor Arroway, "Contact" by Carl Sagan

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's two things, Omega.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Omega is his lawyer. I wanna be a member of teh jury!

--------------------
Me- Hi Jen! What's up!
Jen- You again??!?! Listen kid, I'm not interested in you. Stop bothering me, I'm a lot older than you and I have a boyfriend. How did you find my ICQ number anyways?
Me- Oh, so just cuz you're a movie star now, and you're new album made millions, you think you're too good for me?
Jen- Yes!!! Get it thorough your head! I am a person, I am not Jennifer Lopez the hottest woman on earth that everyone wants to sleep with, I'm a person, leave me alone!!!
Me- Fine! Be that way!
Me- Jen.... Where'd you go.... I love you... please come back.... please....

Saltah'na
Member # 33

Omega and Jeff Raven, two inexperienced public defenders are his attourney for Defense. I am the prosecutor, unfortunately, I don't have an assistant yet.

Everyone in the forums can be part of the Jury.

As for the list of defense witnesses, they can come out at a later date, even when the Prosecution rests its case.

I won't be calling witnesses right now as I will be leaving work for the day (ah, the wonders of being an assistant D.A.). I'll be calling witnesses on Saturday.

See ya!!!

--------------------

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yes, my mistake. Would Mr. Omega please present a list of witnesses for the defense then? And, see ya till Saturday Tahna. Sworn depositions of the witnesses and defendant will be due sometime Satuday or Sunday. Hey, MsChris! Where are you? I'm not supposed to be doing this y'know! You're the presiding justice, right?

--------------------
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

-Eleanor Arroway, "Contact" by Carl Sagan

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps