Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Todays's news goodies (Page 26)

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Todays's news goodies
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well last night these two assholes where chatting it up in front of my apartment building at 5:00 in the morning, so I might like this mosquito. Either that or guns [Razz]
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It defines nudity, for instance, as the display of 'human genitals, pubic area, anus, anal cleft, or any part of the female breast below a horizontal line across the top of the areola.'"

Well, they won't be selling People anymore, I guess.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D�j� vu. Haven't we talked about that thing on Flare before?
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1: Fla. Teacher Accused Of Wizardry

Teacher Jim Piculas does a magic trick where a toothpick disappears and then reappears. ...Piculas said he then got a call from the supervisor of teachers, saying he'd been accused of wizardry.

2: Tiffany Shepherd was a biology teacher Port St. Lucie High School who was fired because she had to take a job as a bikini model to make ends meet. (The offending shots found here on a site that's probably not so good for work.)

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, send in the clowns...
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Yeah I know...but still creepy.
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shik: I'm hardly surprised they fired her for those shots. Teaching is about the most conservative job there is excepting religious positions. I mean, it's the job where you're most expected to act conservatively. Otherwise, you know, [[ insert nonsense about children becoming irrevocably fucked up and serial killers and stuff ]].
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The real question is : What were the school administrators searching for when they just happened to come across her photos...?

And, in the interests of complete information, I would point out that the article about the wizardry does not mention that the school district claims they fired him for just generally being a crap teacher.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
Shik: I'm hardly surprised they fired her for those shots. Teaching is about the most conservative job there is excepting religious positions.

Like Missionary position? [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a similar incident in one of the local schools a few years ago. Some pictures of a teacher in a bikini popped up on her facebook page. They were taken during her family vacation and she posted them up for other family members. Frankly if parents believe a teacher shouldn't be allowed to wear a bikini on her vacation then parents shouldn't be allowed to park their kids in front of the TV while they go get sloshed at the neighbors house.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something like that happened a few years ago around here. A student stole a teacher's cell phone which contained pictures of the teacher and some friends in scanty bathing suits, and the teacher got fired over it. The pictures weren't on the web or anything, just on the teacher's personal property, but she still got fired.

There was also the time that a teacher got a sex change operation, and was fired because administrators thought it might be hard on the students. At least that case is somewhat understandable.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, teachers and Facebook walk a fine line. My best friend recently completed his BEd and is now a certified teacher for high school students and his Facebook profile is locked up so tight no one can find it in a search. There's also a dearth of personal information, just in case some random student gets sneaky.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I boycott all social networks so future employers find nothing incriminating when googling my name. Paranoid? Yes. Cynical? Yes. Practical? *squints* May just be.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find no point in social networks, since I've already got a wife. She doesn't go on them, either. Of course, she's also a high school teacher, but there really wasn't any danger there anyway.
  This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  59  60  61   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps