Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Todays's news goodies (Page 44)

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Todays's news goodies
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, kinda of a let down. Maybe they should have delayed the release to integrate the Bluetooth technology right into the stock unit, without having to add it at a later date.

Edit: Actually the whole Bluetooth thing comes as a separate communicator, which means once it comes out it renders the USB communicator obsolete in terms of authenticity. BBBBBuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrpppppppp!!!

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You too could work the rest of your life to support one idiot with 14 kids.

quote:
Suleman has been supporting her six other children with $490 a month in food stamps and receives Social Security disability payments for three of the youngsters that could total $2,379 a month.

She has estimated her in vitro fertilization procedures have cost $100,000.

Suleman has said she saved for the treatments by working double shifts and also used money from a disability award exceeding $165,000 that she received after an on-the-job back injury.

The benefits were discontinued last year.

The Suleman octuplets' medical costs have not been disclosed, but in 2006, the average cost for a premature baby's hospital stay in California was $164,273, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Eight times that equals $1.3 million.

For a single mother, the cost of raising 14 children through age 17 ranges from $1.3 million to $2.7 million, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazing- she made the decision to have an additional eight children but everyone else is saddled with paying for them.
What kind of mother will she be to these eight twins if she's working double shifts to make money?
Why the answer is simple: she'll forego work and have the state foot the bills from now on: such "sacrifice".

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, y'all might have heard of this little doozie...

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/Fiery_plane_kills_49_people_in_WNY_20090213

Happened about 25 miles from me. [Frown]

I know a member of TBBS lost two friends and coworkers in it. One was in the plane, the other in the house the plane crashed into. [Frown]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing sucks worse than sitting in your living room in your skivvies, watching por....er..."Lost" and having some plane crash through your house.

I mean, even the poor saps on the plane had that second of "this is it" before the end.

No key to the city for that pilot. [Wink]
ahhhh....evil. You never let me down with your special insight.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be fair the flight crew probably hadn't much of a chance under the circumstances.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason:
quote:
Nothing sucks worse than sitting in your living room in your skivvies, watching por....er..."Lost" and having some plane crash through your house.

I mean, even the poor saps on the plane had that second of "this is it" before the end.

No key to the city for that pilot.
ahhhh....evil. You never let me down with your special insight.

This post reminds me, I have to try out that bottle of red port I got for christmas. Deculture!

I wonder if the sudden increase in plane crash mentions, these last 60 days, has to do with more crashes actually happening or just a heightened trend in scooping on it, due to the Hudson-river Proxy.

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what annoys me is how much suck up they gave the guy, in the first place. i guess it's all in location, location, location.

NYC? 'lite pilot.

Buffalo? whut?

*sigh*

.... i didn't know you were at least part Zentradi, Nim?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

The pilot's on the cover of Time this month (I think it was Time- I saw ot in the checkout line).

Whole lotta pilots rolling their eyes over all this hype- I dont think anyone has even interviewed his co-pilot.

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH NOES! If we don't teach our kids prejudice now, when will they ever learn it?????

Parents who just want kids but don't want to actually be parents to their kids make me go all frothy-mouthed and screamy.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Other parents have accused the BBC of discrimination, saying that Burnell would never have been hired if she were able-bodied."

Wow, that's just a whole new level of stupid.

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On a lighter note.... Dreams to Splash

Wonder if they could make me a prosthetic personality? [Wink]

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

Kids having kids

--------------------

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's...well, saddening. I do hope they can find some way to let that child grow up as normally as possible.

In other news, Being a good samaritan is now against traffic laws

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, Britain. In the US, kids get pregnant because the religious wackos won't let anyone tell them what a condom is. What's your excuse?

As for the other article : That's not what a "good Samaritan" is. A "good Samaritan" is someone who sees someone in trouble and helps them out. Old ladies trying to cross the street in the middle of traffic are not in trouble. They're being dumb.

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...  59  60  61   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps