Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Todays's news goodies (Page 29)

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Todays's news goodies
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robots that run on GASOLINE! Irony!
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right, and then pretty soon we'll be dumping bits of Halley's Comet into the ocean every once in awhile...
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Exxon has laughed off the pain and suffering of the Alaskan people, thanks to obscure maritime law 100 years old and the sheer political fuckery of our highest court.

Sigh.

I need a giant robot.
A nuclear powered Red Ronin would be nice...oh the fun to be had in Washington with a 100 foot long laser sword.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need a Lantean cityship to just gtfo of Earth and find some nice pleasant ocean-planet to live on for a couple hundred years.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Supreme Court also removed Washington's ban on handguns, and it'll only be time before we can own nukes. Then I'll the one who's laughing AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

We'll never be able to own nukes. People are too misinformed to even tolerate nuclear power plants in most cases.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any ban on nukes could be skirted by calling them "noo-clear" weapons....and getting the insane NRA to back you up.

Which they sooo would.

Some people want a gun to hunt, others to defend theselves, and many many more just because they just like guns.
...then there's a large collection of scumbags...er "private dealers" that sell guns with no regard to the safety of others while obeying the letter of vaguely drafted laws.

I forsee a massive class-action lawsuit by all the gun dealers operating in D.C. when the ban took effect against the city.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I forsee a massive class-action lawsuit by all the gun dealers operating in D.C. when the ban took effect against the city."

1976?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Yeah- the suit could be brought by gun shop owners from 1976 that suffered financial loss- some doubtlessly went out of business as a result.
It's possible someone will claim that the law itself was unconstutional based on the Supreme Court's verdict- and that their constutional right to sell killing machines was infringed as result.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Sell killing machines? *Groan* Don't make me say gun's don't kill people, people do. I mean yes, the gun helps, but a pen won't write a word unless you hold it and spell it right. And yes that's an old point but it's a damn good one. The violence comes from people who aren't going to pay much attention to gun control laws anyway and I don't want to be stuck defending myself with a 3 inch pocket knife because everything else is illegal.
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you outlaw firearms, the only people that have them will be the outlaws.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guns don't kill people, bullets kill people. Outlaw bullets.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"If you outlaw firearms, the only people that have them will be the outlaws."

Fuck, hell yeah, cowboys!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I've got way too many cowboys with concealed weapons permits living near me allready, thanks: a city councilman that draws on someone for not useing the express line at the super-market, a guy shooting the two men that were talking to his date at a Chilli's, another idiot shooting his preagnant girlfriend in the stomach...
All with concealed weapons permits (which is far stricter in their permits than an owner's permit), clean records and all made a crazy snap-judgment when someone pissed them off.
I just dont see these situations happening without easy access to firearms (handguns specificly). People snap and if they have a gun, people get killed instead of getting punched.

I'm not saying ban all guns- it's WAAAAAY too late for that to be a viable solution, but consider this- after the assualt weapon ban was quietly lifted cops found themselves seriously outgunned by crimminals- now law enforcment agencies are adding machine guns to their armories to keep up: it's escalating quickly.
Also consider that ten of thousands of guns are made in the US every year with pretty lax laws about how they're sold and who they're sold to- and with no limit on how many guns a person can buy- I'm sorry, there's no way someone is buying 20 handguns for personal defense..
Makes it obvious how all those criminals get the guns they use.

Most gun dealers are all for being able to sell anything with no restrictions and yes, the NRA backs this point of view.

Yes, you need a person to kill with a gun- they dont do it without us- they just make it insanely easy to kill someone.
Just point nad click: just like a remote control.

[ June 28, 2008, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: Jason Abbadon ]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"If you outlaw firearms, the only people that have them will be the outlaws."

A tautology like that isn't much of an argument. Replace "firearms" with anything, and it's still true. So, you are supporting the idea of never outlawing anything?

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  59  60  61   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps