Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » General bullshit. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10   
Author Topic: General bullshit.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish we had a general bullshit topic that I could use for this rather than start one. So...I guess this'll be a general bullshit topic.

That being said, if anyone here lives in or near or has a contact in Arizona at all, either near the Grand Canyon area or who is willing to travel there in the next 6 weeks, please to contact me forthwith via devices noted in profile. Thank you.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a friend that lives in Peoria. Wherever the fuck that is.

That being said, I'm absolutely sick of cell phone commercials. Every time I see one I change the channel now. Just pure evil.

(BTW Shik, you're profile picture is pensively intriguing.)

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Google tells me it's about 3.5 hours away from where I'm asking about. In AZ, that's close.

The picture is 3 years old & my hair is much shorter. Still friends with the one girl whose birthday it was, & the other one is my last ex-girlfriend.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Peoria was in Illinois? Obviously a different one. Is there a Peoria in Illinois? I'm not actually interested enough to look.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. Not far from me. Penicillin was discovered there.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You what? Ok, that got me interested enough to look. First-time-ever-discovered, no. Good-source-of-discovered, yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penicilin

quote:
A moldy cantaloupe in a Peoria, Illinois market in 1943 was found to contain the best and highest-quality penicillin after a world-wide search.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My great-great-grandfather lived in Peoria, Illinois. Specifically, he moved there, changed his name, remarried, and had a new family, even though he and my great-great-grandmother were not divorced. Although, to be fair, she had already taken their daughters when they split up, and then came back and kidnapped their sons by dressing them up as girls and sneaking them out of town.

And these are only a couple of the fascinating characters whose genetic structure ultimately combined to create me.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone on my mother's side of the family got married, then divorced after they had kids, then married his son's wife after secretly getting her pregnant. His son and daughter in law already had 2 kids. That screws up the whole family tree.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
Google tells me it's about 3.5 hours away from where I'm asking about. In AZ, that's close

Yeah, my friend lives in Arizona. Finally moved back after the Army, but he still wants to come back.

But since we're on the family tree business, my entire knowledge of my family ancestry stops at the boat. However, on an interesting note, my great-grandma happened to be on the very first boat from Puerto Rico to Hawaii.

Anything else, you're going to have to go to the respective countries to figure out the rest.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So he was Puerto Rican I presume?
shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

Nope, the son-of-a-bitch is Mexican. Good guy though, but no way related. Though people assume we're brothers due to the brown skin *shrug*

But I've always wanted to travel to those countries to figure out how far and illustrious my family tree goes. Probably all rice farmers knowing my luck.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My uncle married a second woman, or tried to. Got caught. Lied to my parents and said he was dying of testicular cancer, took the money they loaned him, and disappeared for awhile. He's gone again now; his wife died, he totally neglected his daughter for awhile, then finally just left when she turned 18. Nobody has the first clue where he is.

I have an aunt who was in prison in Hong Kong for some time for something related to drugs and/or prostitution; my family have been vague on the details.

And my daddy thinks the CIA wants the alien database in his head back *grin* I'm in for an interesting life if genes win out...

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i guess maybe a Star trek ship is named peroia?

you know what really makes my nuts burn? 180 grit sand paper...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

quote:
Originally posted by Pensive's Wetness:
i guess maybe a Star trek ship is named peroia?

you know what really makes my nuts burn? 180 grit sand paper...

Speaking from past experience I assume? [Razz]

--------------------

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
My uncle married a second woman, or tried to. Got caught. Lied to my parents and said he was dying of testicular cancer, took the money they loaned him, and disappeared for awhile. He's gone again now; his wife died, he totally neglected his daughter for awhile, then finally just left when she turned 18. Nobody has the first clue where he is.

I have an aunt who was in prison in Hong Kong for some time for something related to drugs and/or prostitution; my family have been vague on the details.

And my daddy thinks the CIA wants the alien database in his head back *grin* I'm in for an interesting life if genes win out...

How did he get the database in the first place?

I went to my grandfather's house today, and looked throught the family lineage he has compiled, and found that I am related to this dude. He was one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence. Appearantly he is a distant cousin. Somehow...

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps