Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » General bullshit. (Page 4)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: General bullshit.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SAH-GAD-DRAE-CUH?

Either that or SUH-GOD-DRUH-CUH...

As for your friend's name...Isn't that what its called when two tree nuts get it on? Either that, or a side effect of eating Big Macs. [Wink]

But hey, beats names like Clarke, and Smith.

I'd hate to have a name that is two first names, like Joe Frank.

True story, at the end of our street when my dad was growing up, there was a family with the last name of Czyk, prounced "Chick". Well, Adam Czyk was one of the kids...him and my dad used to hang out. Imagine the name headache there.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard Polish music before - Ich Troje - and all I can say is that Polish isn't so much a language as a string of sneezes and throat-clearings.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, what do you expect, your standard polish person is 80 percent nose.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
SAH-GAD-DRAE-CUH?

Either that or SUH-GOD-DRUH-CUH...

SAW-GA-DRAW-KA

Close, but no cigar.

People make fun of Polish people up in the mainland huh? In Hawaii, we tease the Portuguese.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Well, since I live near Buffalo, New York, which has a huge polish population, and I myself am part polish, yeah, I guess. Around here, if you're clumsy, or dim-witted, or do something stupid, you are described as "Polish". Appearantly excessive drinking is also a "polish" trait. Although, the most popular thing to make fun of is President Gee-Dubayah. [Big Grin]

And that term, " mainland"... IF we talk about Hawaii at all, we don't say, "So, over on the island, they make fun of the Portuguese." As far as most people around here are concerned, Hawaii is just another state. And the location of a dream vacation. I don't think anyone's dream vacation has ever included Buffalo...

"Hey, let's go to Buffalo everybody! We can freeze our asses off, but those Buffalonians sure are friendly I tell ya."

--------------------

-George Carlin

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'd be surprised. I've had my ID denied a bunch of times simply because they only accept "American" identification.

There are a lot of ignorant people who still think Hawaii and Alaska aren't states since we're not connected to the rest of the 48.

And mainland is just a term we use for that big chunk of land over to the east of us. Nothing really wrong with it I think.

--------------------

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

quote:
And mainland is just a term we use for that big chunk of land over to the east of us. Nothing really wrong with it I think.

*Psst...I was joking...*

But it is kind of weird having you guys all alone out there floating in the ocean, and the poor schmucks freezing their asses off in Alaska. Could be worse. My redneck uncle swears that Alaske and Hawaii were the 51st and 52nd states...

--------------------

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not all of Alaska is that frigid, specially in the summer I hear. Tolerable anyway.
shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

And it snows in Hawaii. FYI.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Really? You mean on the mountaintops, right?
shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

Yeah, its snows on top of Mauna Kea every winter and a lot of my friends fly over to Big Island just to go snowboard. Pretty neat.

--------------------

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

I read somewhere that there is like a $5 tax in Hawaii that you get charged with if you don't own a boat. Probably a load of bullshit though.

--------------------

-George Carlin

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the colleges I applied to was in New Mexico.

THREE people from my high school asked -- on three separate occasions -- why I wanted to go to school out of the country.

I wish I could make this shit up.

Especially since I'm in Colorado, which is one of NM's neighbors.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

My sister actually thinks that Canada is part of this country...

We found my grandfather's green card, and she wanted to know why he needed one, because you can just drive to and from Canada. I seriously think that she's be smarter if she was brain dead. In fact, my sister is so ignorant that she thinks that there are 3 people running for president. And I quote word for word, " The black guy, that islam guy, and president Bush" .

She makes my dog seem like Stephen Hawking. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

-George Carlin

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But is she hot? Because that's all that matters.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps