Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » General bullshit. (Page 10)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: General bullshit.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, it's been a few days since the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, but I was watching this live and about fell out of my chair when I saw this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL-hNMJvcyI
[Big Grin]
Seems appropriate that it was the Cartoon Network float that did this!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I saw that and I was like WTF?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROFL

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Special musical guest" indeed.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh, Rick Rolls. Making sure 1987 will never truely go away.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I showed my mother the video...and was surprised to find out that she, who was raised on this music, doesn't know what Rick Rolling is. Yet, somehow, I know? I don't think I've ever heard this song anywhere other than in its "Rick Roll" role.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your youth disgusts me! Go buy a pipe and some slippers and start grumbling at stuff.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I showed my mother the video...and was surprised to find out that she, who was raised on this music, doesn't know what Rick Rolling is. Yet, somehow, I know? I don't think I've ever heard this song anywhere other than in its 'Rick Roll' role."

That's because it's an Internet thing. Hearing the song on MTV in the 1980s wouldn't give one any special knowledge of how it's being used online in 2008.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You do have a point. My mother barely knows how to check email...

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps