Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Congressional Midterm Predictions (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Congressional Midterm Predictions
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
House: Republicans by 4
Senate: Democrats by 2

Anyone else care to weigh in?

(FWIW, currently it's Reps by 14 in the House and Dems by 1 in the Senate)

[ November 04, 2002, 21:28: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reps, House by 4
Reps, Senate by 1.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
08/NOV/02 03:00 AM

10081 Johnny Bredahl -1500
Draw +1800
10082 Leo Gamez +750

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like I guessed on the low end.

I'll gloat later.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, now at least, when the country goes into the shitter, Rob & Omega can't blame it on the Democrats. Honestly, it was a stretch as it was with the Republicans controlling the Executive branch and half of the Legislative branch.

I'll also keep (mostly) quiet on the scandal in Baltimore regarding police posting fliers in poor neighborhoods "reminding" people to make sure all they were up on their bills and rent before coming to vote. The FOP endorsed Ehrlich this race. Gee, if that's not Republican intimidation, I don't know what is. But it's okay, because Democrats are evil, and Republicans only want to save the world with their armies of goodness.

Forgive the sarcasm.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
. . . when the country goes into the shitter, Rob & Omega can't blame it on the Democrats.
You think? In the UK, after eighteen years of Conservative rule, they continued to address any criticism with the reply "Well, under the last Labout government. . ." So, think again. Expect the New Deal to get a hammering. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It really doesn't matter what party is in power, they are equally fucked up!!!!

Neither is interested in what happens to the common Joe, absolute power corrupts absolutly, so they can only be semi corrupt, with checks and balances and so forth....

Till everything is controlled by one party with hardliners.... Which I doubt happened....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Try some sweetened tea, Snay. Might wash that bitter taste out of your mouth.

If they're smart, the Reps will use this opportunity to finally secure the gaping wounds that are our borders, with troops. Polls show 65-78% of Americans support that.

I say we use troops pulled from American bases in Europe, particularly Germany. With the Cold War over, they're not needed anymore. Keep a few bases like Rammstein (sp?) as transfer / fueling / quick-deploy points, close the rest down. Europe can see to its own, I'm sure it would make them feel better not having troops of the 'evil imperialist oppressor' on their soil anymore.

Yes, the regions US soldiers frequent may take an economic hit, but I'm sure they can make up for the loss somehow.

Other important issues for attention include making the tax cut permanent, increasing ethanol in gas mixtures, and making sure Grassley (R-Iowa, Finance chair) keeps his promises about more enforcement on corporate accountability and alternative energy tax incentives.

We'll probably see a reduction in the backlog of 46 held-up judges' conformation proccesses. Orrin Hatch: “The American people want judges who know their limited roles and will uphold the law, regardless of their personal views. As long as a judge is willing to do that, any other litmus test on their personal views is wrong.”

Here's somthing interesting... the chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee (Lugar, R-Ind) is against the US taking unilateral action against Iraq.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, its obviously in America's interest to have Canadian citizens who happened to be born in Iraq decades before Saddam came to power stopped at the border, surrounded by shaved apes in cammo, and fingerprinted like the criminals they are. So yeah, a good idea.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is not a good idea for free nations to deploy military units as domestic police for any prolonged period of time.
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless you're playing Civilization II. Or Alpha Centauri. If you are, clearly you have the advantage.
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not in Civilization III. Feel the power of a cultural revolt!
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Alpha Centauri you can nerve staple your citizens. Take that, cultural revolt! And by the time you need to do it, everybody is against you anyway, so why care about honor rankings?
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cultural victories. Fun!
Member # 480

I am a harsh leader. I demand nothing less than total submission from my electronic followers.

It makes me feel Republican!

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps