Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Vatican vs. Homosexuality (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Vatican vs. Homosexuality
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Magnus:
My God is a shallow little bitch trying to make the scene.

The Allmighty is Courtney Love?
...or mabye Jewel?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Avril "I AM TEH CNAADIAN QUEEN FO ROCK ADN PARTTIEM SKATAR GRIL!!" Lavigne, of course.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The burns are coming fast and thick now!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Darth vader voice:
"All too easy...."

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no problem with gays or gay marriage, as long as i never get hit on by one, that creeps me out.

I hate the religion though, they should have done away with it when they got rid of Feudalism.

The pope is wrong to oppose this. what right does he have to try to influence others like that, same with politicians. If two people want to get married then thats fine by me.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So why should it creep you out? Shouldn't you be revelling in your universal attractiveness? Or would it be because no women ever bother to hit on you?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Allmighty is Courtney Love?
...or mabye Jewel?"

Legend has it that Marilyn Manson was the original target of that particular line. But, then he was in the video. Go figure.

"The pope is wrong to oppose this. what right does he have to try to influence others like that..."

What right does he actually have? None, really. But, try telling that to a man crazy enough to think he speaks for the creator of the universe.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
What right does he actually have? None, really. But, try telling that to a man crazy enough to think he speaks for the creator of the universe. [/QB]
It's that hat that scares the hell out of me.
Who knows what he's got stashed up there?
A gontz with a hundred rounds of hollowpoints?
A popcorn popper?
The sybian?
Man, what I would'nt do to see airport security make him take off his shoes and any metalic objects to board a plane! The geezer wears more gold than any rapper but supposedly represents Jesus?
I missed it when Jesus was sporting a gold sceptre and a 50 carat ruby.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fucking hate the Catholic Church.

They'll bend over backwards to protect child-molesting priests, but if two people who are in love want to be together, they'll raise the army of the religious righteous to smack 'em down, claiming to be the end and be-all of what is "right" and "moral" and "religious" in the world.

Fuck the Church.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my fondest wishes is that, someday in the enlightened future, the belief in anything which cannot be experimentally observed will result in free, psychologival treatment for the individual.

We'd do it now if someone believed in Santa or the Easter Bunny (unless of course they're a child).

Wait a minute! Maybe we can have pity on them and simply regard them as children in the eyes of the law until their sense of reality matures.

And that goes for the believers of Big JuJu the African God and Jehovah too.

You can be a logical, mature adult, or a child that believes in make-believe, but not both.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my fondest wishes is that, someday in the enlightened future, the belief in anything which cannot be experimentally observed will result in free, psychologival treatment for the individual.

We'd do it now if someone believed in Santa or the Easter Bunny (unless of course they're a child).

Wait a minute! Maybe we can have pity on them and simply regard them as children in the eyes of the law until their sense of reality matures.

And that goes for the believers of Big JuJu the African God and Jehovah too.

You can be a logical, mature adult, or a child that believes in make-believe, but not both.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... okay, since most people here believe we evolved from small tree-dwelling furry things, something that supposedly happened millions of years ago and thus can't be observed... or that the speed of light is an impassable barrier for anything with matter, which is a negative and thus impossible to prove...

Yeah, you can say such beliefs are logical based on available evidence. But I can say my beliefs are logical based on other evidence, or based on the fact that I have evidence that your evidence is flawed, or simply based on the fact that I make different base assumptions than you do. You'd have a government defining what was absolute truth, and we all know how well that works. Basically, your future would suck.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Soooo...by your utopian vision, I would be committed for the sheer fact that I believe wholeheartedly in the sentient nature of the universe? Man. I do tarot, minor forms of Chinese mysticism, & energy management, too. Plus I have multireality perception.

I'd be locked away in a little white room, wouldn't I?

As far as spirituality, people can & should put stock in what they feel correct with. It's when it turns into religion (that is, a set system with a set of uncompromising rules) that it turns bad. Spirituality doesn't require proselytization; several religions do. The whole concept of demanding to people that they require salvation & that only they (the "righteous") are privy to The One True Way To Live That All People Everywhere Should Live Like is utterly repugnant to me.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Organized religon boils down to two principals:

Their viewpoint is right and all others are wrong.

Anyone not of their viewpoint is damned and should be converted.

Sounds kinda like the Borg does'nt it?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I'd be locked away in a little white room, wouldn't I?"

Well, we can always hope, can't we?

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps