Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Borg history (Page 4)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Borg history
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ships from Star Trek: Invasion
------------------------------

USS Sentinel; Sovereign Class; NCC-1703-B*
USS Typhon; Typhon Class; NX-85808
USS Discovery; Steamrunner Class; NCC-52333
USS Lovell; Oberth Class; NCC-Unknown

*intended to be the same USS Sentinel as mentioned by Deep Space Nine.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Magnus:
Ships from Star Trek: Invasion
------------------------------

USS Sentinel; Sovereign Class; NCC-1703-B*
USS Typhon; Typhon Class; NX-85808
USS Discovery; Steamrunner Class; NCC-52333
USS Lovell; Oberth Class; NCC-Unknown

*intended to be the same USS Sentinel as mentioned by Deep Space Nine.

Add to that, correctly rendered a Soverign shuttle, tons of Fed lifeboats, a KBOP, Hediki sttack ships (correctly scaled even!), a Cardassian freighter,BOrg ships galore, including new designs that look cool (a needle-like ship in particular) and lots of cool new ship designs for the insectoid Hurq.
...and Michael Dorn and Patrick Stewart on vocal talents too. [Wink]
If you've ever seen the pic of Voyager flying over the Golden Gate bridge with fireworks welcoming them home, then you've already seen one of the three endings to Invasion.
Some artist was definitely "inspired" by the game. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
and "Face of the Enemy" was pretty bad. "The Enemy"

What sort of crazy mind-bending drugs are you on - Face of... was a brilliant episode. I supposed you found Voyager's "Favourite Son" better.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was "Face of the Enemy" the one with Geordi on the planet with the romulan guy?
If so, it did indeed suck (aside from Worf letting the Romulan die, that was suprising and well done).
Dont get me wrong, it didint suck anywhere near as hard as anything involving Ferengi, Troi, Dr Pulaski, Dr Crusher, rights for AI's or talking sand, but it was VERY predictable.
All it needed was for geordi to say "I'm getting too old for this shit" and you'd have a buddy movie.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Face of the Enemy" is the one where a faction of Romulan's wishing for reform kidnap Deanna Troi, give her cosmetic surgery and some sort of implant that makes her lifesigns appear to be Romulan. They set her up as a Tal Shiar officer on board a Romulan Warbird to help foil some sort of plot involving the Romulan gov't's high command and some sort of weapons banned w/in the Federation - presumably to be used on the UFP during a planned conflict. The opposition didn't want to have to go to war and was hoping for reforms w/in the gov't, setting things up for the later episode w/Spock. At least, I think that's what the main plot was. It was alright, but not at all as suspenseful as you'd have thought.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
um, actually she was present to help smuggle high ranking defectors out of the empire. thanks for playing.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And it took place after the episode with Spock.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike20X6:
um, actually she was present to help smuggle high ranking defectors out of the empire. thanks for playing.

quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
And it took place after the episode with Spock.

Alrighty. I stand corrected. As I said, I didn't recall all the details of the main plot, but remember the basics of the episode.

Thanks for your attempt at belitting me, Cap'n.....

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No need to thank him. It's his job.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, there's plenty of parting shots you could swing back at me if you feel the need to bolster your ego.. if you need any material:
I'm on drugs!
My girlfriend stopped having sex with me for a lot of last month!
My Star Trek webpage doesn't get updated often enough!
I like to fool around with girls who are young!

anywho, that was more of a 'you're losing at Trivial Pursuit' kind of comment not a 'suck it you uneducated cocknocker!' kind of comment.. i wouldn't really take anyone to task over TNG trivia.. (especially season 6.. ugh)..

anywho, um, thanks for playing

Griffworks
Member # 1014

"Boosting my ego?" Not hardly. I guess I just took it wrong.

I've never been one to mince words and am not at all afraid to let someone know what's on my mind, tho. [Wink]

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hypothetically, if I where to stear back to the subject... the Borg forces seen in Voyager are a whole lot of cubes, in a society that can grow real quick... Personally, I think they are a new race (?) and are just gaining momentum when they explore the Alpha quadrant and meet Voyager. Either that, or they ARE pretty old and are just now getting the technology to swarm through the galaxy

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

It depends on what you mean by "old race". Certainly they are old by human standards of running around the galaxy, according to Voyager (and TNG too, I think).

--------------------

Triton
Member # 1043

- posted      Profile for Triton         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still think it's quite a stretch to make the Decker/Ilia/Voyager hybrid the genesis of the Borg. I am still convinced that the Decker/Ilia/Voyager hybrid became a non-corporeal energy creature like the Organians or the Companion. What was the whole point of the light show at the end of the Star Trek: The Motion Picture otherwise except to show V'ger converting itself to pure energy.

I still believe that the Borg are like a twisted version of the Bynars or the Brynars taken to an extreme. Originally the Borg were an organic race who began to increasingly become dependent on cybernetics. Perhaps their cybernetic use started innocently enough as a way to extend life by replacing diseased and failing organs. They may have wanted to wire their brains together to colloborate on engineering problems or scientific research or to communicate much more effectively than just using words. Over decades or centuries they evolved into a Collective intelligence and became the Borg that we met in the 24th century.

But no one can say that Star Trek fans aren't creative. [Big Grin]

On the subject of Star Trek: Invasion, author James Swallows discussed his experience with the development team in creating the game at the following web site: Star Trek: Invasion

It makes interesting reading if you have not already seen it. James Swallows also reveals that he is the author of some material from the dreaded Star Trek Fact Files. Hopefully he was the author of the stuff that got the technical information right.

My sympathies go out to you Captain Mike. I hope things will go better for you in the future and you will be much happier. I wish you the best.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Griffworks:
"Face of the Enemy" is the one where a faction of Romulan's wishing for reform kidnap Deanna Troi, give her cosmetic surgery and some sort of implant that makes her lifesigns appear to be Romulan.

Holy Jesus Fuck that was one of THE WORST episodes of TNG ever!
Ever.
I've seen viewmaster reels that were far more entertaining.

I'd like to see the Bynars invite the Borg to assimilate them.
It's the direction they're headed in anyway, so why not?
Could/ should Starfleet interfere and try to stop the Borg (what with Bynar being a likely Federation world and all)if the Bynars started making overtures to the Borg in favor of assimilation?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps