Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Borg history (Page 5)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Borg history
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm confused as to this hatred of "Face of the Enemy". But then I've seen people here say that The Motion Picture is better than Star Trek II, so obviously this is bizaro-rating world.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SMASH MOUTH IS BETTER THAN QUEEN.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are certainly gayer.

IT IS A TWOFER!!

quote:
Brynars
An entire planet of evolved sea monkeys.
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eHigh Five.
Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Holy Jesus Fuck that was one of THE WORST episodes of TNG ever!
Ever.
I've seen viewmaster reels that were far more entertaining. [/qb]

Damn, Jason! Are there ANY TNG episodes that you actually don't hate...?
Triton
Member # 1043

- posted      Profile for Triton         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ever.
I've seen viewmaster reels that were far more entertaining.

Wow! That really is quite a statement considering the number of lows in Star Trek: The Next Generation. The first season, IMO, for the most part is a total loss, can you say "Code of Honor" and "Angel One". Or how about the stinkeroo of stinkers, "Skin of Evil". Or how about the cheapo flashback episode "Shades of Gray".

"Face of the Enemy" is Shakespeare compared to those high points in Star Trek: The Next Generation.

BUMP

I am still not convinced that there is any connection between V'ger and the Borg.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Triton:
My sympathies go out to you Captain Mike. I hope things will go better for you in the future and you will be much happier. I wish you the best.

Hey man, don't worry about me... my life is hilarious.. even with any aforementioned problems, its still warp cruising.. besides, i'm high and i have a girl in my lap

the Invasion info is interesting.. but -B registry suffix makes me kinda wary.. plus a novel has established the Sentinel as an Akira.. who to believe, who to believe

oh, and on "Face of the Enemy" : i never really hated that one so much.. kinda despised the hokey premise and the clich�d occurrences, but overall the ep gets better marks for the fact that i actualy enjoyed watching it.. but yeah, there are many episodes that have more solid foundations

Triton
Member # 1043

- posted      Profile for Triton         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, enough with suffixes already in registry numbers. NCC-1305-E was a mistake, and I don't want to continue to keep track of version suffixes. Jackill took this to an extreme and it seems like every ship he had in Volume III has a -B suffix attached to the registry number.

Plus a Sovereign-class U.S.S. Sentinel? It makes more sense to have an Akira-class U.S.S. Sentinel than a Sovereign one. The name Sentinel does not conjur up images of exploration, it's clearly a warship name. Alas, too many scribes covering the same creative ground. [Frown] There are hundreds of perfectly good names that would make excellent starship names. Everyone wants to focus on the ones that have been mentioned in dialogue but whose classes have not been established. Like the Musashi, last I heard she was an Ambassador-class.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Griffworks:
quote:
Ever.
I've seen viewmaster reels that were far more entertaining.

Damn, Jason! Are there ANY TNG episodes that you actually don't hate...? [/QB]
Sure! LOTS of episodes!
Data's day, The Wounded, BOBW (allthough Shelby gets a lobotomy and becomes nice in ptII), The Defector, Conspiracy, All Good Things, Redemption (both parts even!)
Lots more that I can't recall immeadately too but there are certain critera that make a sucky episode to me:
Alexander episodes
Troi episodes
Lwaxanna Troi episodes (untill DS9 anyway)
Moriaty episodes
Any episode where a crewmember mutates into anything.
Any episode where a character is possesed by an alien for any reason. (trills incuded)
These criteria DO of course eliinate many episodes. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Lots more that I can't recall immeadately too but there are certain critera that make a sucky episode to me:

Moriaty episodes

1/ Blatantly crazy statement.
2/ Confusion.
3/ ???
4/ Profit!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Member # 239

It's a good thing you didn't list Moriarty as a Suckitude criteria.

Because, you know, those were good.

Moriaty episodes were so gay. Like for real. Steel Mill Gay.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. Those were horiffically bad after the initial watching (they were at best bland the first time around).
You probably liked "The Royale" too?
Same fucking thing really: another holodeck episode to fill gaps between better episodes.

Mabye I'm just biased that I'd ordered Voyager's Message in a bottle" and Suncoast got me "Ship in a bottle" instead.....I've never forgiven them for that. For the death of my boy...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why should "Ship in a bottle" be bad? I think it had the most intelligent plot of all the "holodeck failure" episodes. It showed us that holodeck and transporter are related technologies, but that "holomatter" has no substance. There were some ingenious plot twists too:

- Data and Picard are still in the holodeck without knowing, and Data only recognizes that because Holo-LaForge is using the wrong hand.
- They create a "holodeck in the holodeck" to fool Moriarty. Okay, not very realistic, but pleasantly mind-boggling.
- Finally, they transfer Moriarty to a small cube and provide him with enough adventures for the next years. A cute and very Trek-like solution.

Compare that to "Spirit Folk" :-(

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Bernd:

BELIEVE me whaen I say that i was not listing all of TNG's bad episodes (several of witch I can NOT watch again- or even have on while I do other things- I was just siting personal criteria for bad episodes.
If an episode has several criteria in one massive dose of crapness I'll scramble for the remote like it was a live grenade.
"Fistfull of Data's" foe example is an abyss:
It's a Troi/Alexander/holodeck episode so dense that even the most rabid fanboy could have written far far better.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Bernd:

BELIEVE me whaen I say that i was not listing all of TNG's bad episodes (several of witch I can NOT watch again- or even have on while I do other things- I was just siting personal criteria for bad episodes.
If an episode has several criteria in one massive dose of crapness I'll scramble for the remote like it was a live grenade.
"Fistfull of Data's" for example is an abyss:
It's a Troi/Alexander/holodeck episode so dense that even the most rabid fanboy could have written far far better.

Oddly enough, many good episodes with these characters/ holodeck are great on other series, just not on TNG.
"Mr Bashier I presume" was a great episode and it was all on the Holodeck...hell all the stuff with Vic was darn good too.
But DS9 often made lemonaide from TNG's lemons.
Lwaxanna was even cool on DS9 and that's really saying a LOT.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps