Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Borg history (Page 7)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Borg history
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or a ham sandwich.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike20X6:
jeez Jason, you feel rather strongly about this..

your anger will be your undoing

I don't know what it is exactly or why I'm homicidal towards the man....
Mabye it's the presumption the he could actually decide the fate of the franchise (or even a miniscule part of it) when he admits to not ever watching the other (and VASTLY superior other Trek shows) or his claiming to erite anything when at best he's coming up with plot threads while ghost writers do the work and get dick for credit.
Hundreds of aspiring writers have submissions rejected every day although their stories are GOOD but this hack gets published just because of his name. [Mad]
(throws tantrum: destroys apartment)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike20X6:
jeez Jason, you feel rather strongly about this..

your anger will be your undoing

I don't know what it is exactly or why I'm homicidal towards the man....
Mabye it's the presumption the he could actually decide the fate of the franchise (or even a miniscule part of it) when he admits to not ever watching the other (and VASTLY superior other Trek shows) or his claiming to erite anything when at best he's coming up with plot threads while ghost writers do the work and get dick for credit.
Hundreds of aspiring writers have submissions rejected every day although their stories are GOOD but this hack gets published just because of his name. [Mad]
(throws tantrum: destroys apartment)

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In 99% of all cases, good stories will find a home.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Says the man trying to get a comic book published.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2004's Watchmen.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or 2004's 1990's X-Men.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"As for multi-millionaire scripter Chris Claremont, perpetuator of this mutant shit that's eaten the direct sales network alive... Find him and kidney-beat him with big iron bars until he pukes huge fountains of blood and urine, then feed him to a bunch of lager-crazed Millwall boys. It's the only answer."

Warren Ellis, on X-Men #1.

So, Simon, don't become Neo-Claremont. I don't want to kidney attack you.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

I meant later than that, after Clearmont left, and it was all "Age of Monkeys Doing Crazy Shit in 20 different X-title books and I DON'T KNOW WHO I AM ANYMORE OH LOOK JEAN'S NOT DEAD!!!"

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

You forgot that everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE was somehow related and characters killed off in one X-Title would pop up in another with zero explanation.
And there was an "X" multi-part fuckover crossover every year.
Psylocke went from British to Asian ninja and never looked back.
Wolverine is now hundreds of years old and fought alongside Captain America and young Black Widow before Pearl Harbor in madripor against Strucker and Hydra....nevermind that cap joined the army BECAUSE of Pearl Harbor and that the story makes Black widow at least 70 years old.
Professor X is killed or crippled more times than Wolvie says "bub" and regularly kissed Jean in times of stress without Cyclops ever finding out or blasting the flesh of his metal bones.
Six times a year there'd be a "deluxe-special-holo-foil-bagged-glow in the dark- scratch n' sniff- numbered issue with a card for only $5 extra with no extra pages.
And (worst artist ever published) Rob Lifeild was a celeberity. (shudder)

By comparison Shatner does'nt seem so bad...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Super-fly double post!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My slant on the Borg development is this.The Borg that Picards crew first encountered were some of the first to leave the Delta quadrent.The Cube and its technology while advanced and nearly unstopable were far behind that of the Borg that had remained behind to conquer the races of the Borg dominated systems Janeway encountered.The time element was the thing.If the Borg Queen in First Contact had suceeded in alerting the Delta Borg it would still have been decades before an Invasion would have occured.Unless She also transmitted detailed information on advanced populsion systems.The Borg Genesis would seem to me to have grown from the replacement of lost limbs and the development of neural interface to allow control.This led to a sort of cult of body enhancement that changed the society.The old Michael Rennie Movie Cyborg 2087(may have the year wrong)dealt with a form of electronic telepathy originaly meant for communication.Soon this lead to no one being able to hide their thoughts.World domination followed.Perhaps the Borg lost their individuality this way.The Borg are Pirates in the pure sense of the word.They are users not creators and that is their fatal flaw.
IP: Logged
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

My slant:
There is more than one collective.
There's the corrupted version the Queen has and the far older and tougher version we see in BOBW.
THe collectives work in tandem to assimilate species but remain seperate to avoid system-wide virus infection (like that crap Admiral Janeway pulled or the Icheb virus).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That still fits in with my slant pretty good.The older Borg would have gone out searching for worlds,bypassing those too primitive to be of value.Later those same primitive worlds would have progressed enough to be ripe for the harvest.I figure that the Trans warp used by Hughs collective was a product of the World that Lor helped them conquer.The Voyager Borg may have developed it from information that they got from the Raven and Seven's father.Missed a lot of that series so I'm mostly guessing there.I figure any Borg That are encountered by the prototype Enterprize should be the most Primitive of all.Maybe they will even find a few survivors of the parent species still free of Borg influence.That would make a very interesting meeting.
IP: Logged
WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a book published "Vendetta" that not only proposed that V'Decker was either found by/ or began the borg. The interesting part was that there was an enlarged version of the Planet Killer that Kirk gave Constellational heartburn (and Matt Decker dove a shuttle into) that was found deactivated. The one Kirk nuked was a prototype designed by some race to fight the borg. Now that would make for a battle. I would have preferred that type of battle to the "First Contact" stuff.

Why would the borg need to come TO earth to travel back in time? Why not travel back in time AT HOME and then go to Earth around the industrial revolution? Is near Earth proximity the only place time travel is allowed? [Wink]

I agree the lack of continuity in plot lines is lame. What happened to the parasites that attached to peoples spines? Did they get assimilated on the way? I see the logic behing the multiple hives theory, EXCEPT, what keeps them from tagging EACH OTHER? See some could have the Cubes, others Spheres, some Pyramids stolen from the Goa'uld, and the grandaddy Dodecahedron what a Geometry War!

My question is.... Does ANYBODY at Paramount even THINK about potential problems like this or do they just do another line and call it "Temporal Mechanics"?

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps