Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » TNG 1st season casting (Page 6)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: TNG 1st season casting
tricky
Member # 1402

- posted      Profile for tricky         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I hadn't eaten before I clicked that link.
Like ever eaten before.
Someone pass me another bucket... no, no, the bigger one...

--------------------
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was referring to the suits.

I think my wife is attractive, but I'm afraid I don't look at her skull in quite that way.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you didn't marry her for her brains?
...her soft, squishy brains!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason sounds more like a zombie than a squicker.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, when my leg acts up (like today) I sorta walk like one...

Though right now I'd be moaning "Spagetti....SPAGETTI!"
as I'm cooking a big batch just now- want some? I can freeze it and ship it to you....
I'm also watching a documentary on Lincon and hope to be done eating before his head gets blown off.
After all, if there's one thing history teaches us, it's that it's bad form to eat spagetti while the president's brains are leaking out.
Jackie O was sooo right on that one, let me tell ya.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I had spaghetti last night too! But while eating we were watching a programme that suddenly decided to show some scenes of plastic surgery. Niiiice.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Makes that red sauce just slide down, dont it? [Wink]
incidentally, they tastefully skipped the gory details for the most part- Gore Vidal was narrating that part and got all choked up in a touching way

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
NO- that was the actor that played his role.

In the novels (at least) Scotty, Uhura, McCoy and Spock are running the whole of Starfleet between them

A real good reason to not read the novels.

Well, as you already said, Scotty makes sense. I would say Spock isn't much of a stretch either. And isn't it just Shatner's books where McCoy does anything?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Hey, I had spaghetti last night too! But while eating we were watching a programme that suddenly decided to show some scenes of plastic surgery. Niiiice.

Nip/Tuck... the name says it all really. [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funnily enough, it was a programme on the origin of modern words, and it was a small feature on the origins of "nose job" and "nip and tuck." I gave up on Nip/Tuck after a couple of episodes, I didn't care about the characters.

--------------------

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Balderdash and Piffle?

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Codswallop.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
Member # 393

Indeed. I'm drawn to Victoria Coren.

--------------------

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, she's pretty easy on the eyes. I'm not so sure about the way she tries to sex up the OED though.

On the other hand, full marks for the way she drives that mini! It's an ugly, evil car that deserves to be thrashed until it drops down dead.

Gord bless you m'lady.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(I'm a big Nip/Tuck fan, myself, even though Lee's instinct about the characters is, I think, correct. They are vividly loathsome.)
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps