Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Berman doesn't get it. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Berman doesn't get it.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is from Trektoday.com:

quote:
"I think our final episode of the season is going to be quite startling because we're going to do a cliffhanger that will put a new twist on the series as it enters its third year," Berman told the British Star Trek Monthly (via StarTrekUK.com. "I don't really want to get specific about it, but we're not talking about a tiny change. We're talking about a change that is going to, to some degree, alter our mission and, to some degree, change the tone of the series. We're very excited by it. This idea will be introduced partially in the final episode of this season and then more dramatically dealt with in the opener next season."
Why does he have to treat the fans like they are morons. Simple translation of this paragraph... we are 'retooling' Enterprise.

Very obvious.

Klingons will probably become a big part of the series now - as they think that Klingons are what can save a series.

Why doesn't he just up and leave? Oh, of course he's there till the day he dies. I think fans need to descend on Paramount and remove this ruthless dictator!! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss the time of bless where character-deaths and severe plot twists were taken seriously and honestly, when you didn't see through the weave and hear that this and that character got a better offer and wanted out, or they ran out of budget money or the viewers were waning.

A little na�veness can sometimes be good for enjoying the experience more.
My brother was blown away by DS9-"What You Leave Behind" because he didn't know 75% of the battle-scenes were stock material. And I had to go and ruin that. Damn my eyes. >:-(

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We must remove this vicious dictator and the threat he poses to the world with his Episodes of Extreme Tediousness! It would help if he had oil, though.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well he does write Scripts Of Mass Stupidity.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Should the Red-shirted fans be sent in first?

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Seriously though, why go and change a TV series that many people have invested 2 years in already? Gimmicks a good TV series don't make.

--------------------

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you dont like it dont watch it. I love Klingons, they have been done well in Enterprise, and I look forward to next season.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Fuck I hate that argument: "If you don't like it - don't watch it". If you actually read my post properly - you'd see that I LIKE Enterprise the way it is. Berman clearly is retooling the series to pull more viewers. Historically they've used the Klingons to do this (DS9) - which they didn't really need to do. And the Borg on Voyager. Leave Enterprise ALONE Berman!!

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I am sick and tired of the Klingons. We've had way too many Klingon episodes over the years. Every time I turn around its Klingon this, Klingon that. All the fans they show dressed up are in crappy Klingon outfits. What about the fans that actually put a lot of work into making, say, a SF uniform from the actual materials used? Or the fans with pretty good looking Romulan or Andorian costumes, etc? When you say "Star Trek" people think of Kirk, the Enterprise, and Klingons. I've had enough of Klingons! [Mad]
Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of my friend thinks that I'm insane or something because I watch Enterprise and then complain how bad it was [Smile] And then they utilise "If you don't like it dont watch it." argument very often.

I usually respond that I'm an optimist and I believe that Enterprise will be better and better with time. I had the same thing with SG-1 - I had a chance to watch first season only a year after its premiere, and I didn't like it. But now I've seen all six seasons and I think that SG-1 is great [Smile]

So, I sincerely hope that Enterprise will become better, starting with this unorthodox cliffhanger.

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too am pretty sick of the Klingons. I found it very amusing how, before Enterprise debuted, all of the radio advertisements for the show insisted that "this show will be different from your father's Trek" or some such nonsense, and then had the very first episode be about a Star Trek race that everyone's seen a million times before and know all about.

IMHO, if B&B wanted to use the Klingons and at the same time show a difference between this show and TNG/DS9/VOY, they should have made them like the TOS Klingons. Devious, but not the outright animalistic bullies that ENT seems to be making them into.

As for Berman's quote, I will take what he's allegedly said with a grain of salt (like I do with everything that comes out of that guy's mouth). He can talk new directions and changes all he wants. He can talk about how pleased he is all he wants (which he does a lot). I'll be the judge of how good or bad I think the final product is.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Retooled ship - predictions, anyone?

I was thinking they'd keep the saucer - but add on a neck pylon and a secondary hull. You know, something original...

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tekno! Make sure to visit this thread!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not again...

The E-D wasn't very original now wasn't it? Relying on a 100 year old design...

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get the feeling that this is what will happen:

1) Earth will in some way be seriously threatened-- possibly even attacked. I doubt it will be by the Romulans, I don't think they reached Earth during the war. It won't be the Klingons because of what Mortok said on DS9 about the Breen.

2) Enterprise will be given a new mission to seek out new weapons and strong allies... think of SG-1 with a Star Trek twist. Hope they get it right, or we're going to have a Voyager-do-over if I've ever seen one coming.

3) This will more than likely lead to continuity problems around the technology that Enterprise will find and/or bring back. It may also bring a problem depending on which aliens they decide to meet.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps