Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Nemesis Warbird (Massive Spoilers!) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Nemesis Warbird (Massive Spoilers!)
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
The new warbird seems to be at least 50% larger than the old TNG one. In the article that the pic came from mentions that Picard has to zoom out to see the entire ship. That is one biiiig birdie, when you figure that the Enterprise crew was certainly expecting a TNG warbird.
I like it: I can build it once specs become available: It looks cooler than the TNG version IMHO and waaay cooler than the Scimitar. [Wink]

I thought the Scimitar was the one that was supposed to be so huge?

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
And no, those are not Dominion nacelles.

No one said they are, only that they look like them. Just as this looks like a Klingon BoP and the Scimitar looks like a Dominion Battleship.

I'm not impressed by this at all. [Frown] I was expecting a D'deridex with... I dunno, fins or something. Why are all the "new" designs for important ships rip-offs of old ones?

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing that I am hopeful of, though... They're obviously putting some effort into designing new ships for this movie (their argueable lack of quality notwithstanding). I am somewhat hopeful that we'll get to see one or two new Federation designs as well. Maybe Riker's ship.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it looks peachy. Whereas scale maybe decpetive at first glance, the teeny little windows on it suggests that it really is quite massive.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it looks a bit too close to the basic layout of the Klingon Bird-of-Prey, but it's still a very cool design. I can't wait to see it on the big screen.

As for the size of the thing, most of the online references I've seen suggest a length of 1400 meters -- twice that of the Enterprise-E. But in "reality," the D'Deridex was somewhere around 1341 meters... at least originally.

I don't see anything that would suggest a double-hull design -- from what I can see on the picture, there's nothing "underneath" aside from the normal starfield.

And those nacelles do look similar to those on the Dominion heavy cruiser ("Call to Arms"), IMO. Obviously not the same design, but the curves look alike.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Naw, I've built the Dominion heavy cruiser, and it's nacelles are more pontoon-like in shape.
The nacelles on the new Warbird most resemble extra fuel tanks from a jet fighter.....it also adds to the deceptive size/scale aspects....
If the new Warbird is 1400 meters long, it would have to be 1700-1900 meters across!!! Much larger than even the Dominion battleship in width and almost as long in length.
this thing would dwarf the Enterprise E. [Eek!]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judgeing by the window size, I don't believe the vessel should be larger than the D'deridex, on the other hand, Sovereign is 700 meters and looks tiny, if you just compare the windows.

http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/742/Sov_Valore.jpg

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Recipe for 1 Valore:

- Take 1 head of a TNG Romulan Warbird
- Add the neck, tail and wings of a Klingon Vorcha class attack cruiser
- Mount some oddly-Dominion-like-looking nacelles
- Paint the ship in a blackish green instead of the TNG Romulan green (which was much lighter)
- Step on the damn thing and squash it to make it look flat=sleek=geekish=COOL

Enjoy...! (Although I didn't. I don't like it very much... have to see it onscreen though to make my final judgement)

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I was expecting a D'deridex with... I dunno, fins or something. Why are all the "new" designs for important ships rip-offs of old ones?
Congratulations! You have made the computer sputter and smoke, and the population of our humble planet is now free from its innovation-stifling influence. And after so many others had failed in their attempts to force it to find a word that rhymes with orange or tell us what the sound of one hand clapping is. Hip hip, sir. Hip hip hooray!
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Paint the ship in a blackish green instead of the TNG Romulan green (which was much lighter)

Which is a good thing, as Warbirds haven't been a TNG green colour since "The Die Is Cast" (and I'm not even sure they were then).

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes!

And while I was at it, I could not help myself from putting a different sort of fin on a Romulan ship:

Thei: "Tell the Federation--"
Ackbar: "It's a trap!"
Thei: "Yes, I was getting to that. Tell the Federation...it's a trap."

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking that it had a few fighter-esque qualities to it also, the shape and feel gives it the appearance of a smaller, more manuverable, vessel.

Looks cool still though....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

My last, I swear.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I was talking about extra weapons and attachments like the Future Enterprise had, on the Nemesis site, it says that there are upgraded Warbirds with these sort of features. Although I can't remember any Finnish on Star Trek, it would be nice to see them. [Wink]

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, who's that?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps