Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc) (Page 18)

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc)
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This week there are DS9's weapon upgrades.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Jem Hadar installation blown up in A Time to Stand.

Some sections of the Remler Array model.

Storyboards from TMP showing how they used plasticine models as stand-ins. [Smile]

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The WERE Deltan:

From Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

And Some Orion writing on this PADD

I've always liked this prop - and it would be handy in the mornings - especially after a night on the town! [Smile]

Coritcal Stimulator

I've never thought of it before - but the TOS movie uniform undershirts look like the TOS TV Series (when not worn with jackets) See here.

Tal Shiar uniform. You all realise that today (the 3rd) is my Birthday, right? [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought it was silly that the "new" Romulan uniforms had FOUR Romulan emblems on it. They had 'em on the back, too.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Johnny
Member # 878

We're finally getting to see a lot more of the models, which I was starting to think they weren't going to be selling.

Earth Station McKinley. I thought there was more to the top of it than that, but maybe we never even saw it. I might just be thinking of fan models. It's not in a great state, but it's nice to get a closer look.

Utopia Planitia's ground base. We saw some close ups of these on one of the TNG DVDs.

Another Spacedock LCARS screen. Doesn't tell us anything new, apart from the fact that Starfleet didn't update all their interfaces in the TNG era. [Smile]

Picard has a really weird teapot.

One of Data's mighty morphing emotion chips.

Ouch, you think he wants these back?

A series of concept sketches, including one showing some shuttlecraft that look similar to the TFF/Gen shuttle, but more sleek.

The Bajoran rank pins.

Concepts for the Khitomer conference including another interesting shuttle design(probably Klingon?).

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you see that one design that looked like an oberth, but sleeker. I'm calling it the Oberth MK.II. Somebody make a model of it right NOW! That and the other ship with the delta shaped hull.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen that Oberth-like ship before as one of the early Voyager concepts. But that Klingon shuttle really interests me! I've never seen any shuttle designs for them before. Any idea who drew this (perhaps Sternbach)?

I just noticed the Starfleet/Klingon logos underneath each of the shuttles, so that far design is definitely supposed to be Klingon.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, that Klingon shuttle looks like something you'd see in the TNG era, and yet it would have appeared in a TMP movie.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
I've seen that Oberth-like ship before as one of the early Voyager concepts. But that Klingon shuttle really interests me! I've never seen any shuttle designs for them before. Any idea who drew this (perhaps Sternbach)?

I just noticed the Starfleet/Klingon logos underneath each of the shuttles, so that far design is definitely supposed to be Klingon.

Actually, all these drawings have the very distinct look of Jim Martin about them

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Johnny
Member # 878

There's a concurrent ebay auction going on on Friday with stuff from those Profiles in History people.

On the snazzy starship models front, there's a workbee model and the Angosian ship. The blurb claims that the workbee is "a particularly fine example", but it actually looks like quite a basic background model, rather than the really detailed one that there are pictures of on various sites. Interesting to see the Angosian ship up close, though.

--------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the Angosian ship and the Straleb ship are the exact same model, only the Angosian ship is gray and the Straleb ship is yellow.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like the Angosian ship was maybe modified into the Flaxian ship at some point.
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Dukhat, is a spoiler for a tag line really necessary?

(If it is in fact true)

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Edited.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It isn't true, anyway.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  28  29  30   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps