Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc) (Page 20)

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc)
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This week there are those freaky big heads from the Federation council.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe they are from the Anime Planet [Razz]
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh, the Arcadans.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh, the Arcadans.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a weird way I'd love to have them... I was always fascinated by those aliens, even before I was a Trek fan and I was watching "The Voyage Home".

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they're among the lamest designs for aliens in Star Trek, which is a pity since there are some fantastic puppets that got much less prominence in the council chambers scene. I don't think they'd even look convincing if they were done in CGI with moving facial expressions and such, they'd still look totally out of proportion.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know - but that's what has made them bizarrely fascinating...

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this at Hobby Talk. At the Resin Illunimati forum are links to several hundred MBs worth of photos of the K'Tinga model.
http://www.resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=903

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. These pictures reveal even the smallest details. The golden (or rather brass) stuff is what they purportedly added for "Star Trek VI".
Johnny
Member # 878

I wonder, is anyone in the US going to be visiting The Star Trek Tour? From what I can tell it looks like they've taken the Star Trek Adventure world tour that they did a few years ago with the same exhibits and rides and rearranged it while adding a couple of new elements.

Anyway, I know that the Constellation and Nebula models will be displayed as well as the Negh'Var and most of the Starfleet shuttle models. There should be some interesting photos of those once the tour's visited a few cities.

--------------------

Johnny
Member # 878

Well it looks like some people have been taking close ups of the models already and there are some great reference images turning up on flickr

Nebula
http://flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=2211636282&context=set-72157603770894896&size=l

Speedboat shuttle
http://flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=2211631540&context=set-72157603770894896&size=l

Ent-D crash landing saucer
http://flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=2210834883&context=set-72157603770894896&size=l

--------------------

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, they only labeled the nacelle pylons and the lower saucer as the Leeds. I'm now more inclined to say the Nebula in FC was the Leeds and not Endeavour or Lexington.

They bothered to rename the shuttle from Cochrane to Harris?

And they even did the shattered glass dome on the bridge of the E-D's saucer!

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Johnny
Member # 878

This is why I like the auctions, we get to see pics of the Ent-D main shuttlebay model from Cause and Effect.

Shame they don't have any of those cool dinky models of the shuttles though. [Frown]

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You got the set, but you don't got the ships. What kind store doesn't sell the ships! You never have the ships!
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are from the Star Trek Tour, currently in Long Beach. A friend and I checked it out the other day and I got some pictures, mostly of the ships, but also a couple uniforms and quite a few props of various sorts, if people are interested.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  28  29  30   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps