Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » A Good Old Fashioned Star Trek XI Starship discussion! ($$$SPOILERS$$$) (Page 9)

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: A Good Old Fashioned Star Trek XI Starship discussion! ($$$SPOILERS$$$)
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know. I'm not convinced by the "no patch behind the upper right nacelle of #8 like there is behind the upper left" argument because of that single little blof of light that is behind the upper right nacelle, which sould easily be the rear part of itself but in shadow. But the more I look t the ship as a whole, the less I like the way the lower nacelle pylon joins to the nacelle - it looks like the left-hand one of a pair. And #3, well, that single visible lower pylon is in the wrong place for a singleton. So I guess I'll go with the prevailing wisdom as it stands. I don't think I can agree with any suggestion that all the other remaining ships (less the suspected Constitution) are the same because you just can't see any details.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:

And hey, let's not forget the starbase itself! Anyone noticed that the central core seems to be one big glass bubble?

Mark

For me, it harkens back to Starfleet HQ as seen in Franz Joseph's Tech Manuel.
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In any case, I'd say JJ and the boys gave Flare something of a present with this shot. [Wink]

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
Sorry for double post, but the movie site has posted an image of the New Stardock showing some new designs, though they look kitbashed from the Kelvin and Enterprise.

http://img.trekmovie.com/images/st09/dossiers/station.jpg

Okay, they've done it: I really want to see the movie now.
Before this I was very leery but now I know it will be a modeler's wet dream even if story, acting and contunity are ground up in favor of explosions and sex scenes.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally agree with Jason! Who cares about the movie, now we have starships of obscure designs!

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So... has anyone made schematics of these yet? [Big Grin]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Give it time, someone will.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think #3 and #8 are the same type, with two upper nacelles and lower and smaller secondary hull. Which would make the ship look something like this:

(Quick 5-min jobbie, only intended to show how I "see" the general shape of it)

-  -  -

As you can see it fits the 2 views here, although the top nacelles are a little too far apart, but gives the general configuration of the ship.

-  -

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent work!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe, done like a true nerd. [Smile]
Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Andru:
I'm wondering if any of those models were detailed enough to be individually labelled...

I'd say yes to that, earlier in this thread we saw those nice models will become individually labelled wreckage on the other side of the warp jump!

I can't imagine them not being so. It was one thing back when TNG was big and models were being done practically not to bother repainting for the sake of a background ship, but with CG models it's not that big of a job to go throw in a name and registry.

Besides, with what I've seen so far, I think the minds behind the film are realizing it's people like the folks at Flare that are going to endlessly pick the film apart that will be a big part of their revenue.

--------------------
Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows.

OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was kinda bored with the lack of any decent sci-fi on the TV at the moment, so thought I'd keep myself busy and model that ship till the movie comes out.

-

(Probably NOT the ships name, registry, or even close to how it actually looks, but whatever)

Andru
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for Andru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VERY impressive! In a parallel universe, this would have made for a neat NX-01...
But what about the rollbar?

OverRon
Member # 2036

Well, it's far from finished. No roll bar, secondary hull, basic bridge interior, windows, RCS thrusters, pop-up torpedo launchers (at least that's what I assume they are, as looking at the Kelvin it looks to have traditional phaser ports on it), and so on.

I'm not gonna clutter this thread with WIP stuff so gonna make a new thread over in the design part.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Now you can eat the Final Frontier.
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  21  22  23   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps