Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » TNG in HD (Page 25)

This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29   
Author Topic: TNG in HD
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After inverting the colors, I think I can make out a bit more:

USS K'MARKS
USS CHARLESTON
USS XXELE
USS HOOD
USS MERRIMAC
USS WETLARK
USS CAROLINE
USS ZHUKOV

Of course, several of these names come out to be nonsense words, so I'm probably wrong in my guesses.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

vwuser
Member # 2182

- posted      Profile for vwuser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dukhat,

I would like screencaps of the following:
1. The right side of the Relay Message Flow 1293
2. The log entries from Relay Station 47
3. Sector 21527 star chart

[] this symbol represents what is illegible

Here is what I can read:
1. Sector 56, Sector []
2. Starbase 78, Sector 1540 Starfleet Commnet Three
3. Starbase 12, Sector 25712, Starfleet Commnet One, Encoded Beta
4. Starbase Meta, Sector 9012, Starfleet Commnet Three- Commnet Six, Open Channel
5. U.S.S. K'Marco, Sector 5501, Starfleet Commnet One, Gamma One-Three, Warp Drive Performance Tests
6. USS Charleston, Sector [], Starfleet Commnet Seven, Secure Channel, Deep Space Exploration Sector 22855
7. USS Odele, Sector 9012, Commnet 229, Open Channel, Refit Starbase 4112
8. USS Hood, Sector 9012, Relay Station 182-A, Encoded Epsilon, Warp Power Testing, Mark VI Version
9. USS Merrimac, In Transit, Relay Station 452
10. GCA Wetlark, Sector [], Relay [] []-[] [], [] Five, Starbase
11. CCN Caroline, Extragalactic, Commnet Seven, Relay [], Deep Space Exploration
12. USS Zhukov, Sector 001, [] Station 001, [] [] []

The colors used in the chart play havoc with what is readable. I am not sure what the colors represent, but it doesn't help the decipherment process.

On the chart next to this one, I can read Science Station [], Channel [].

On the Keith Rocha file, I am not able to read the Sector name. Have you had any success with this?

I am a little disappointed that they didn't change the registry of the Biko from NCC-59318 to something else.

On a historical note, there was an HMS Caroline that fought in the Battle of Jutland in 1916.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vwuser:

Dukhat,

Sorry, o2 has the Bluray, not me. I'm just posting his pics.

quote:
[] this symbol represents what is illegible

Here is what I can read:
1. Sector 56, Sector []
2. Starbase 78, Sector 1540 Starfleet Commnet Three
3. Starbase 12, Sector 25712, Starfleet Commnet One, Encoded Beta
4. Starbase Meta, Sector 9012, Starfleet Commnet Three- Commnet Six, Open Channel
5. U.S.S. K'Marco, Sector 5501, Starfleet Commnet One, Gamma One-Three, Warp Drive Performance Tests
6. USS Charleston, Sector [], Starfleet Commnet Seven, Secure Channel, Deep Space Exploration Sector 22855
7. USS Odele, Sector 9012, Commnet 229, Open Channel, Refit Starbase 4112
8. USS Hood, Sector 9012, Relay Station 182-A, Encoded Epsilon, Warp Power Testing, Mark VI Version
9. USS Merrimac, In Transit, Relay Station 452
10. GCA Wetlark, Sector [], Relay [] []-[] [], [] Five, Starbase
11. CCN Caroline, Extragalactic, Commnet Seven, Relay [], Deep Space Exploration
12. USS Zhukov, Sector 001, [] Station 001, [] [] []

Good catch on the GCA and CCN. I just assumed all the ships had USS prefixes.

quote:
On the Keith Rocha file, I am not able to read the Sector name. Have you had any success with this?
Nope.

quote:
I am a little disappointed that they didn't change the registry of the Biko from NCC-59318 to something else.
I haven't seen that episode yet, so I'll take your word for it. I was hoping that they might have changed the secondary hull of the Oberth to something that looks like it could actually carry freight, with a corresponding registry change. But it still has the Cochrane's registry, huh.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

vwuser
Member # 2182

- posted      Profile for vwuser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Memory Alpha has updated some of their photo files for the 6th season. Check the Biko. It's the same registry as the Cochrane.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

Damn, and I was hoping that they'd create a new ship design for the previously unseen Raman too. I guess that probably won't be happening.

--------------------

o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Raman was from S7, so there is still hope... at least a little bit (fingers crossed).
o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

1. I'm afraid the only scene that I found with the complete diagram is quite blurry:

Relay Diagram

2. Here are two screenshots from the log entries:

Aquiel Log 1
Aquiel Log 2

3. In which scene is this star chart visible? Do you have a time index or a (SD) screenshot for reference?

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

quote:
Originally posted by o2:
The Raman was from S7, so there is still hope... at least a little bit (fingers crossed).

If they didn't bother to fix this registry when they originally did so with the Tsiolkovsky, then I'm not holding out hope that someone created a whole new CGI ship model for the Raman, and even if they did, it would probably be another Oberth, as it's easier to create an already-existing design than to come up with a new one.

--------------------

vwuser
Member # 2182

Sector 21527 star chart is from "Chain of Command, Part II". It's on the bridge with Geordi La Forge and Jellico. On Trekcore, it's image 246 on page 17.

Talking about changing things, on image 249, we have another stellar cartography file with text. Did they keep the text, or did they change? It would be nice to have a screencap of that. Thanks for providing the screencaps.

o2
Member # 907

This is the shot in HD, but the sector number does not match...

Chain1

vwuser
Member # 2182

Nothing matches between the two maps.

I was really hoping that there would be something readable on the map.

Did they make as radical a change on the Stellar Cartography File that is in image 249?

o2
Member # 907

Did you mean 248? As far as I can tell there is no change. The scene is still blurry, so I assume that the text was not redone for the remastered version.
vwuser
Member # 2182

o2,

If I can beg your indulgence, I have requests for "The Chase"

1. There is a galaxy map in "The Chase". Can you grab some screen caps of this map? The map is titled Data Stream 99102.

On TrekCore, the best view of the map's text would appear to be in image #67

2. There is a PADD. It is a listing of USS Enterprise Personnel Database. It's image 167. Can you get a screencap of this PADD?

Thanks for what you are doing.

[ July 10, 2014, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: vwuser ]

o2
Member # 907

Your are welcome. Here are the screen shots:

Chase 1
Chase 2
Chase 3

o2
Member # 907

quote:
Memory Alpha has updated some of their photo files for the 6th season. Check the Biko. It's the same registry as the Cochrane.

Based on that fact I have to draw the conclusion that the three ships from 'The Game', 'The Drumhead' and 'Fistful of Datas' are all the 'USS Biko'. I know that there is some background information that the ship from 'The Drumhead' is the 'USS Cochrane', but this is not backed up by the information we have now. I have to disregard the 'Cochrane' as faulty information.
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps