Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Logos logos everywhere... (Part 2) (Page 30)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Logos logos everywhere... (Part 2)
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Cobra whatnow?

The studio model for the academy trainer (featured in your emblem) has a "COBRA" emblem on the nose- I guess some wiseacre is a G.I. Joe fan.
See?

It's even reproduced in the amazing model kit (mastered by SSM's own Alfred Wong).
Cool, huh?

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I see.
A bit lost on me I'm afraid, as I'm pretty sure we didn't have G.I. Joe over here when I was a child.
I think there was something called action force, but even so, I was never one for war toys...I mean if I wanted to see tanks, jeeps and helicopters I need only look outside my classroom, growing up on an army camp and all. ;-)

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember seeing that Cobra emblem and wondering why it was there, seeing that it did not fit in with other Starfleet emblems. Could the Trainer have been made from a GI Joe toy.

And Reverend, how was it growing up in Waco. [Wink]

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Waco!? Precisely how young do you think I am and what continent do you think I live on?

Though if you must know, those who have seen V for Ventetta will have heard of my home camp. ;-)

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah! I see! In any case I was thinking, how about a Tholian insignia, or maybe one for the Orion Pirates?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Already done the Tholians and I'm not sure if pirates, by definition have a single unified insignia as they're, well, pirates. Arg!

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you could cross a pair of crystal rods and have a Tholian head in front of them...
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For Orion pirates!?

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Sounds more like the Tholian equivalent of a skull and cross bones than the Orion.

Even so I doubt clich� terran symbology would translate to an alien culture.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

What about the Omega Directive Symbol(ie just the Omega Symbol).
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I think you just answered your own question there.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

No, I want You to make an Omega Symbol! Honestly I don't know of what symbol to ask for, since you've already made a lot of them.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Yeah, I get it, my point is it's just an omega symbol. I don't even have to draw it since it's in the windows symbols font. Not really worth the effort.

Besides, it's not really a logo, technically it's signage, computer signage at that. Like the "red alert" animation or an LCARS screen.

--------------------

Capt_Jason
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Rev, perhaps I have a couple of items for you to consider, if you are not opposed to them being purely "fanon" in origin that is.

Geoffrey Mandel's "The USS Enterprise Officers Manual" suggests that the United Nations Peace Forces was founded in 1994 during the Eugenics Wars. Something which incorporates a bit of the familiar UN elements, but would also contain something decidely military in nature. MOre detail on this one I can provide as we go along.

In the very same manual, a United Nations Committee on Eugenics Research was mentioned as being headed by Stavos Keneclius sometime prior to the mid-1980s. An official UN-esque logo would be nice to see.

Also from the EOM, we learn that the first DY-100 CLass Transport was named Savannah . What I would like to see is development project patch or insignia incorporating this name in it along with the familiar DY-100 registry.

What do you think?

IP: Logged
mada101
Member # 1285

- posted      Profile for mada101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys. I took this picture from the Christie's Auction site a while back when they were selling off all the Trek stuff. Maybe it might be of some use to you patch makers, I don't know:

ENT-era Assignment Patches

--------------------
'Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.'
- Henry Ford

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps