Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Logos logos everywhere... (Part 2) (Page 5)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Logos logos everywhere... (Part 2)
SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Masao! Those are great! What a find!
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
The stickers seal small hull breaches.

And act as a Kirk-girdle.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Starbase 134 from the DS9TM:

-

I'm quite pleased with it. The logo is the Orion emblem from FASA.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you doing these all in vector? If so, you should print some. If not, [Frown]
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some shipping labels (I don't know what the red one is for. It had no legend.):
 -
 -
 -
 -

Three green labels:
 -

Door emblem for a junior engineering officer
 -

Ilia's door emblem
 -

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Harry, that is VERY nice work.

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Harry, "Beta Quadrant" should be brought a bit closer to the inside, but other than that it looks good.

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any clues as to how accurate/canon these cargo labels and door emblems are?

The red cargo label was also reproduced in the Encyclopedia and DS9TM. The shapes and colors are slightly different on those, so that might suggest they were both drawn from a single ('canon') source.

But I've never seen the other cargo labels or the door labels before...

--------------------

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many of those posted just above I've seen in more than one source, so I'd say those are all canon designs. I hadn't seen the Ilia and Jr Engineer's door logos before and I hadn't seen the fiber-op and life-support ones before. The others are all familiar.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Curse you and your pixel-perfect eyes, Masao [Wink]

Update:
 -

And an encore in the form of a Starbase 11 emblem:
 -

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Masao: I'm going to pretend the triangular symbol just reperesents generic cargo, standard equipment, supplies and so forth.
Mainly because I've already adopted it for my SF Transport/Material supply command along with the Deneva flag. (see my Neutronic fuel carrier & Antares Class)
I had intended to also incorperate it into a take on the Earth Cargo Service logo too.

As for there Cannon status, I'm sure there were plenty of obscure set decorations that never made it on camera, although I have a hard time figuring out where the door emblems could have hidden.
Perhaps they were developed for the set but ultimately removed for one reason or another.
Someone could always query Sternbach, I'm pretty sure he had something to do with decorating some of those sets and might remember seeing some of them.

Harry: For a second there I though that was one of mine. [Wink]
On both logos the bottom 'starbase **' type need to me nudged up a little and on the Rigel one, I'd recommend replacing "Rigel Six" with Rigel Sector or Orion Sector. Perhaps you could keep the Rigel VI type if you put it on a white box within the triangle, similar the the McKinley logo.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

The sticker book was published at the time of TMP and lists the graphic designer of the film, Lee Cole, as the author, so I think its pretty authoritative. I suspect the versions in the Encyclopedia were redrawn by Okuda or Drexler, so might have certain inaccuracies. I dont recall seeing any of the door symbols in the movie, but that doesnt mean they werent there.

The triangular emblem on the red label is the only one that wasnt identified in the book, so I dont know what it is. It might be a generic shipping emblem, but all the other labels have a emblem for the specific contents of the cargo container.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
UPDATE
 -

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Hmmm - The planetary system for Ilia's label... possible a representation of The Deltan system?

And mention of 'cargo' symbol... it'd be interesting to see one of them incorporated into the TOS uniform 'delta' logo seen on the Enterprise uniforms.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Hmmm - The planetary system for Ilia's label... possible a representation of The Deltan system?

I think that has more to do with her position as a navigator.

quote:
And mention of 'cargo' symbol... it'd be interesting to see one of them incorporated into the TOS uniform 'delta' logo seen on the Enterprise uniforms.
Already done that.
 -

Also since Dan seams to have overlooked these too...
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  32  33  34   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps