Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » The Unofficial STAR TREK Fake Files (Part 2) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Unofficial STAR TREK Fake Files (Part 2)
Masaki
Member # 1030

- posted      Profile for Masaki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my new work.

Just only front cover. Please enjoy! [Big Grin]

Fake cover_Vol. 4

--------------------
"There are no three warp-engined or single warp-engined ships in Starfleet!".
(Gene Roddenberry)
Starship Class

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well.. if it is Unofficial, why does it have the Paramount logo?

Other than that, nice. I expect you're also going to do the actual articles/images inside this cover?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a question I've always wondered about. Where is that hatch shown on the bottom right with the registry on it? We something similar of the Ent B in Generations. The bottle breaks on something that has the registry written on it, but I can never tell where on the ship it's supposed to be.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks good. Do you have a nice big pic of the backside of the Excelsior - i want a better look at that undercut - 'shuttlebay' that is underneath...

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to see the NX Excelsior bridge and compare it to the ST-VI Sulu version. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The colorful cover and esoteric content strikes me as whacking-material for Trek-fans.

Excelsior floor plans for the centerfold?

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spread out wide to reveal the ship's innermost secrets. B)

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my... I spit up Pepsi when I read that...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The original Excelsior bridge was just an incomplete half-set with no viewscreen. I dunno if a full iso drawing could be constructed, unless you tried using the original sketches from "The Art of Star Trek" et. al., and perhaps the insanely inconsistent 80s comic books where Kirk was in command of Excelsior for a time.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Serek:
I would love to see the NX Excelsior bridge and compare it to the ST-VI Sulu version. [Big Grin]

...unless you mean the exterior, in which case the Trek VI one looks similar to the Refit Constitution style and the NX version looks like a simple oval with some detailing in the front.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
The original Excelsior bridge was just an incomplete half-set with no viewscreen. I dunno if a full iso drawing could be constructed, unless you tried using the original sketches from "The Art of Star Trek" et. al., and perhaps the insanely inconsistent 80s comic books where Kirk was in command of Excelsior for a time.

Mark

The comics (which of course must take place in an alternate timeline since Kirk never commanded the Excelsior) must feature a completely different bridge module, unless they really creatively redecorated the one seen in ST3. Some features were a turboshaft directly in the center of the bridge, that you could walk all the way around. Once, they even showed the lift with a partition and stations asymmetrically off to one side that resembled the piece of bridge visible in the movie, positing that the movie bridge had that 20 station walkwayed monstrousity originally!

ok its past 4:20, going to sleep...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got a scan of that comic Mike? Sounds... interesting [Smile]

Talking about the excelsior bridge... I have since come to believe that it's NOT true... but is the 'Yeoman' chinese woman that stands next to Captain Styles accidently the same Chinese woman that was an officer on the Grissom... the one that gives that 'look' when David Marcus says they found Spock and that he was alive.

Yes they are both Chinese and both in mustard/yellow... but they have similar hair styles... and for the split second you see both - I thought there maybe a possibility that they accidently used the same actress on both bridges?

There is also an alien on the Excelsior bridge to the back left of Styles... seen in the bit where they close their restraints... was it a Deltan?

I wonder if anyone has talked to Miguel Ferrer about his 'stint' on Star Trek [Wink]

AND what is that STICK/CANE thing that styles has? Is it to make him look more like a wanker?

"Up ya shaft" - a line by Scotty that is probably better than all the lines in Nemesis. [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a Deltan. Explained in some Magazine article that I can't find at the moment.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
AND what is that STICK/CANE thing that styles has? Is it to make him look more like a wanker?

I believe it's actually a riding crop: for the ultimate in wanker-ism. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I don't think it was actually a riding crop, though he was holding it like one. He never actually used it for anything, but I seem to remember him grabbing it off of a shelf before leaving for the bridge after being informed that Kirk was stealing the Enterprise. So he apparently liked it alot.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps