Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » The Unofficial STAR TREK Fake Files (Part 2) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Unofficial STAR TREK Fake Files (Part 2)
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did it vibrate?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what I'm thinking.
MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by AndrewR:
quote:
Looks good. Do you have a nice big pic of the backside of the Excelsior - i want a better look at that undercut - 'shuttlebay' that is underneath...
Do a web search for excelsior and "studio model." I have several pictures of the model, including closeups of the undercut and fantail, although I don't remember now exactly where I found them. Most of my photos are actually of the Enterprise-B/Lokata, but some are from Star Trek VI. I'd post them, but I don't have access to Flare Upload yet.

Marian

PS: Nice work, Masaki. I'd buy it. [Smile] Have you read the Daystrom Institute's article on transwarp? It actually makes sense out of all the conflicting evidence.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just sdearch here on flare for Excelsior: we all found about a zillion refrences a month or so back.

That's right: A zillion. Even more than Eleventy Billion.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About Stiles's little cane:

It's a "swagger stick." A short metal-tipped cane carried especially by officers in the armed forces.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was originally talking about perhaps a drawing of the interior of the bridge ala Fact Files/Star Trek Magazine. I am sure it can be recreated with a little conjeture and simple logic, plus any plans that might exist, even if it is from the '80s. I was just bringing it up as a hmm, would like to see the difference.

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Masaki
Member # 1030

- posted      Profile for Masaki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Main gangway hatch.

Gangway hatch

WIP: Docking Hatches (Japanese cards)

Main gangway hatch

Christening - Enterprise-B

NX-2000's brige?
It is a hard work for me!

But I'll try to draw an after and bottom shuttle bay. [Wink]

--------------------
"There are no three warp-engined or single warp-engined ships in Starfleet!".
(Gene Roddenberry)
Starship Class

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if the main gangway on the Ent B is on the same part of the saucer as that card shows it to be on the Excelsior, noone in the observation gallery can see it. Plus, the scene of the bottle breaking doesn't look much like the saucer rim. Looks more like the engineering hull.

Edit: Oh wait... that card actually shows four gangway hatches... one on the saucer and three on the engineering hull. The one on the saucer is the only one they show up close. OK... well that makes sense then.

Masaki
Member # 1030

- posted      Profile for Masaki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry. This is miss post.

--------------------
(Gene Roddenberry)
Starship Class

Masaki
Member # 1030

It is miss post.

--------------------
(Gene Roddenberry)
Starship Class

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it would make sense if it was the center, foremost hatch they were aiming for, it looks kind of like the bow on a wet-ship.
Also, good vantage point for the crowd.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Non-topic post, do we know if the Ent-B ever fired her guns in anger?
Have any novels shed light on the Ent-B's service life?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work Masaki! You know looking at the edge of the saucer it still annoys me how they too ANOTHER futuristic design - the window pattern and the 'rim' of the saucer for the NX-E.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I realize trying the NX-2000 bridge would be a challenge, but one could be a hero in the process. JUst like the hero who would attempt other bridges not seen in STFF/STM like the Sutherland, Brattain, Odyssey, the second Saratoga and the Excalibur bridge from "Double Time" to name a few. Is it a challenge, of course. Would the Flare-ites be appreciative and greatful, also yes. Can it be done, yes with time and patience and the skills seen here. To quote Capt. Spock, "There always are possibilities. "

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Here's the problem with the gangways being where the diagram says they are: The long shot of the Ent B shows a double stripe below the top lip of the engineering hull, a thin red line followed by a thicker blue line. The closeup of the gangway hatch that the bottle breaks next to shows the blue stripe at the bottom of the frame, but there's no red stripe. Unless the hatch is between the two, but there's no way there's a deck + space between those two stripes.

Oh yah... and exactly what the heck is a swagger stick for and why would a military officer waste time carrying it around?

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps