Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » The Unofficial STAR TREK Fake Files (Part 2) (Page 6)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Unofficial STAR TREK Fake Files (Part 2)
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who sketched that?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Masaki
Member # 1030

- posted      Profile for Masaki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My work was completed.

These are English versions. [Big Grin]

Front cover _ Vol. 4

Fake File 31 / Card 6 APPENDIX 5

--------------------
"There are no three warp-engined or single warp-engined ships in Starfleet!".
(Gene Roddenberry)
Starship Class

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you write the English text for that card? If so, I have a couple of suggestions to clean up the grammar, unless you've done that on purpose.

One thing you definitely need to change: When a word is broken between lines by a hyphen, the hyphen goes after the first part, not before the second part.

Other than that, the card looks really cool.

Masaki
Member # 1030

- posted      Profile for Masaki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Did you write the English text for that card? If so, I have a couple of suggestions to clean up the grammar, unless you've done that on purpose.

One thing you definitely need to change: When a word is broken between lines by a hyphen, the hyphen goes after the first part, not before the second part.

Other than that, the card looks really cool.

Oops!
Thanks Aban. I fixed.

Fake File 31 Card 6 Appendix 5 (fixed version)

Any other suggestions?

--------------------
(Gene Roddenberry)
Starship Class

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is how I would write the different areas. But I've already been counseled for rewriting things today at work... so take it for what it is:

Top paragraph:
Starfleet ships are equiped with gangway hatches that allow for docking with drydock or space dock facilities. There is a gangway hatch at the centerline of the port saucer rim on the U.S.S. Excelsior NX-2000. When docked, an umbilical allowing passage on and off the ship is connected here. The Excelsior Class Starship is also equipped with three docking hatches on the engineering hull.

Top Picture Captions:
While docked, a ramp connected to the main gangway hatch allows direct entry onto deck 8.

The Gangway hatch is located on the rim of the saucer section at the port centerline.

Lower Left Picture Caption:
A bottle of champaigne is traditionally broken over the foreward docking hatch of Excelsior Class Starships during their Christening ceremony.

Masaki
Member # 1030

quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Top paragraph:
Starfleet ships are equiped with gangway hatches that allow for docking with drydock or space dock facilities. There is a gangway hatch at the centerline of the port saucer rim on the U.S.S. Excelsior NX-2000. When docked, an umbilical allowing passage on and off the ship is connected here. The Excelsior Class Starship is also equipped with three docking hatches on the engineering hull.

Top Picture Captions:
While docked, a ramp connected to the main gangway hatch allows direct entry onto deck 8.

The Gangway hatch is located on the rim of the saucer section at the port centerline.

Lower Left Picture Caption:
A bottle of champaigne is traditionally broken over the foreward docking hatch of Excelsior Class Starships during their Christening ceremony.

THank you very much, Aban.

But top picture captions are modifide text from Shane Johnson's "Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise", ... .
[Wink]

--------------------
(Gene Roddenberry)
Starship Class

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"champagne" is spelled incorrectly, there shouldn't be an 'i' in it.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the front cover - should that say on the blue-green side tab 'aft rec lounge' instead of 'after'.

Oh and the pointers on the card... too detailed for the fact files [Smile] They should be like "This is a hatch" "This is the saucer". [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been wondering why it's even called Unofficial and Fake. Is there Official Fake? Just call it one or the other, but not both.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Oh and the pointers on the card... too detailed for the fact files [Smile] They should be like "This is a hatch" "This is the saucer". [Smile]

[Big Grin]

When you're right, you're right.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Boh:
Excelsior Bridge concept image from Art of Star Trek:

-

I always thought that this looks more like some Strategical War Room where you'd expect an Admiral overseeing a battle rather than a bridge.

Besides that, the big yellow "Impulse"-warning is just stupid. God knows what happens if the ship goes to warp. Maybe a huge "Warning! Ludicrous Speed!"-sign will pop up instead... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Mr. Turnbull
Member # 1323

- posted      Profile for Mr. Turnbull     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cpt. Kyle Amasov:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Boh:
Excelsior Bridge concept image from Art of Star Trek:

-

I always thought that this looks more like some Strategical War Room where you'd expect an Admiral overseeing a battle rather than a bridge.

Besides that, the big yellow "Impulse"-warning is just stupid. God knows what happens if the ship goes to warp. Maybe a huge "Warning! Ludicrous Speed!"-sign will pop up instead... [Roll Eyes]

I've always thought that the EX. bridge from ST:SFS was mostly a cleaner looking 80's version of the bridge from ST:TMP.?!?

has anyone got any ideas (any one designed) what the rest of the bridge would look like on screen?

BTW, This is my first post here at flare, and i'd like to say i'm glad to be here.

--------------------
My Favourite TV Quote:
Dr Cox to JD
"What are you saying? You want to be like me? I barely want to be like me."

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no! Another one that suffers from Overusing Punctuation Syndrome!
MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Topher:
quote:
Oh no! Another one that suffers from Overusing Punctuation Syndrome!
???

Marian

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
?!?!?

-JaSoN

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps