Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » USS Excalibur bridge once again. (Page 5)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: USS Excalibur bridge once again.
Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark, the Lakota, Melbourne and Rhode Island are bridges he intends to create, as well as some originals I and others have designed. Very cool stuff/

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I can tell from screenshots that people have made, the Lakota actually used the Defiant bridge set, the Melbourne from the E-D battlebridge set later seen in the same episode, and the Rhode Island from probably the Equinox bridge set.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, the Lakota was the Defiant wall in the distance, a couple of free-standing consoles, and some sort of column just to the right of where Benteen was. The "Melbourne" (it could've been any ship, including possibly another Galaxy) was just the E-D battle bridge, as was exhaustively researched on these forums. The RI was a piecemeal set, and IMO it didn't use any of the Equinox/Prommie/Excelsior set from Voyager - it was a one-wall set and really didn't need much work.

One wonders if hed be interested in having a go at some of the oldies-but-goldies I have on the sig-linked site.. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I remember the thread and participated in it to some degree. I believe he would tackle some if not all of the bridges on your bridge website. What he might do on the previously mentioned bridges is perhaps take suggestions on how they should look, like my take on the Yamato, true not canon, but different enough to be distinctive. All you have to do is ask. I have been in email contact with him on a couple of occasions on the bridges I designed so he will do them justice. All one needs is patience.

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So do you suppose he's single-handedly picked up the TABASCO torch?

B.J.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he's going to try and extrapolate bridges for the Lakota, the Rhode Island and the Melbourne, he should most definately try the Odyssey as well... [Big Grin]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

He has already done the Odyssey, as well as the Yamato. He has also done 10 different Enterprise D's and both Saratogas. He is now doing runabouts. He churns out about 2-4 every 2-3 days. He uses 640x480 or better dvd screencaps to insure accuracy. He does not have the Voyager dvds so anyone who can cap and send him the Federation ships from it will not be dissapointed.
As far as him taking over the TABASCO project, he may have done so unintentionally, but it only benefits the bridge geeks, like me, who is really loving not only his stuff from ST, but the originals he has done either for himself or for others.
If Kazeite's quality of 3D isometric drawings of the various bridges contnues at the quality of the Excalibur and Brattain, TABASCO may yet have a second wind. One has to wait and see, I guess.

--------------------

Capt_Frank_Hollister
Member # 1639

- posted      Profile for Capt_Frank_Hollister     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who (and how) could I contact if a wanted a custom modification of one of these Ambassador-class bridges? My personnal brain-child is the Ambassador-class USS Horizon. A physical model of which has been superbly created by SoundEffect and can be viewed here along with some background information created by me:
USS Horizon Page

SoundEffect was also kind enough to write an article detailing its construction here:
Building of the Horizon

At any rate, I have some ideas of what I want the bridge to look like and really liked what I saw here. I don't have the skills to create such quality graphics myself and so was wondering if someone here would be able to help me. Thanks.

--------------------
If the crew discover I'm really just Dennis the donut boy, I'm finished.

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

I hope we see the USS Hathaway bridge next after the Brattain is done. [Big Grin]

--------------------

omi
Member # 1695

- posted      Profile for omi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I'm new here, I've designed an Ambassador type bridge to physically fit into the ship's space (by the model).

I don't think there's enough space for the ramp to aft stations, so I left there the stairs.

Ambassador - deck 01

What do U think about it?

--------------------
Graphic, design, concepts, starsihp intrior's layouts, font, wallpapers, DVD covers and more ... browse ST Projects.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you may need to get a new place to store that pic. I can't get it to load up.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

omi
Member # 1695

- posted      Profile for omi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's stored on European (CZ) freehosting, it should be acessed from all around the world. Can you access the main page? ST Projects
I can load the img normally.

--------------------
Graphic, design, concepts, starsihp intrior's layouts, font, wallpapers, DVD covers and more ... browse ST Projects.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Works fine for me. So does the main site. Except, of course, that it's in Czech...
omi
Member # 1695

I'm planning the translation. English version will work soon. I promise.

--------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it, omi. Based on the bridge layout, I'm guessing it's either the Excalibur from New Frontier or inspired by that design? I like how all the rooms fit together. It's interesting how you don't have the briefing room centered exactly at the back of the structure.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps