Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » USS Excalibur bridge once again. (Page 7)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  12  13  14   
Author Topic: USS Excalibur bridge once again.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here ya go.
See the horizontal windows on the fron of the bridge in the second pic?
Mabye the conference lounge is on deck two?

Nothing says it has to be behind the bridge after all...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

omi
Member # 1695

- posted      Profile for omi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, i think there is a mistake. if you look carefully to this picture, you'll find out, that if there should be two decks in the top halfsphere (there are windows for 2 decks) there wouldn't be enough space in the top one, but only for the bridge and 2 turbolifts (like in Ent-C) no ready room, no hallway. I think there shouldn't be any windows in the top sphere!

Well I found (somewhere), that Ambassador class ships has 38 decks (many different sources on internet, but this is logicall - due to heigth of the ship and deck), if the top halfsphere contains 2 decks, there will be then 39 decks (not 38) in whole ship - as you can see on cutaway I'm working on

--------------------
Graphic, design, concepts, starsihp intrior's layouts, font, wallpapers, DVD covers and more ... browse ST Projects.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm....
The idea that only the upper half of that hemisphere is the main bridge does not work well- particularly when you consider the height of the Enterprise C's bridge.

Better to think that the entire hemisphere is the main bridge and the excess top portion contains the sensor dome and assorted snacks for long missions.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

omi
Member # 1695

- posted      Profile for omi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, i know, but there are two rows of windows on the hemisphere. that is obviously a mistake. but i think there shouldn't be any windows at all... or the conference lounge is in front of the bridge, not behind [Smile]

--------------------
Graphic, design, concepts, starsihp intrior's layouts, font, wallpapers, DVD covers and more ... browse ST Projects.

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One set of "windows" could be part of the self-illumination system -- none of these pictures show the miniatures with the lighting turned on.

And here's the Enterprise-C's bridge for reference.

Since I'm not home, does anyone have the drawing of the Excalibur's bridge from the New Frontier graphic novel?

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the dome is all one deck, it's pretty tall. There may simply be two rows of windows. If, as Jason suggested, there were some sort of gallery there, it may have a very high ceiling, with a row of windows at normal height, and a row of windows higher up.
Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the original sketch from 'Double Time' from which Kazeite's drawing was done from.

-

I hope it helps.

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do a link instead.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I thought this would be easier.

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never liked bridge designs that featured huge empty spaces at the front while squishing many stations into the rear. Obstensibly this is so that the cameras on the set will have more possible angles to shoot with less extras and reset time, but it's hardly practical.

On this design, the guy at Tactical would be bumping into the shoulders of the people at the rear stations. Also, the Captain would be shouting most of his orders to people behind him. Meanwhile, he could install a pool table or mini-grand piano at the front and still have room left over for a fridge. A bachelor must have designed this bridge. [Razz]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

omi
Member # 1695

I know this bridge isn't idal, but USS Pasteur has a simillar type of bridge. All stations except the flight control behind the captain. Well, Galaxy class bridge has also most of the stations behind captain's chair. The new (modern) bridges are moving captain behind the others.

Well, i have taken all your comments, this photo and I create a design, where are all the windows. It combines few styles of the other ship's 'deck 1 layout'. First I made a side view, because I wanted to know how many space there is. If I wanted to use all the windows, the conference lounge has to be in front of the bridge and little lowered. So there are stairs to ready room and hallway, but that is necessary evil. The lengths (in meters) are based on the length of the whole ship (526 m). Here it is.

>> LINK <<

What do you think about this room layout? (It's not the original Ambassador class ship, but the refit.) Thanx for all comments.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that's the sort of thing I meant, about the two rows of windows on a single deck.
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. The location of the conference room also works with SeanR's Ambassador bridge.
omi
Member # 1695

What's SeanR's Ambassador bridge?

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Looks great- though I despise the Voyager-ish "co-captain" chairs.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps