Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » USS Excalibur bridge once again. (Page 6)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: USS Excalibur bridge once again.
Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice bridge layout. It does look like it is based on the USS Excalibur bridge from Double with some variations. I like the 3D as well as the overhead. Very Fact Files. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Double Post, Sorry.

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice execution but I have a couple of issues with it-

The rear conference lounge should be more toward the direct aft of the bridge to match the exterior windows.

The ready room is gigantic- mabye a perk of the Amby class, I suppose, but the room could be pared down some and the restroom should be expanded (one toilet for so many officers could be bad in a crisis situation). [Big Grin]
Or you could lose that third turbolift (unless it's a giant toilet for non-humanoid crewmembers).

I'd make the outer hull a lot thinner- it's 4-6 ft. thick at the scale shown. Not required by the TNG era.

The captain has a model of the Crystaline Entity in his office? Cool.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

That sounds good. I would be interesting to see it with those nits addressed.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason: You do realize that that toilet is accessible only through the ready room, right? I rather doubt it's used by the whole bridge crew.
Captain Serek
Member # 1038

There must be a captain's rest room and the crew's, to make it a little more sensible.

--------------------

omi
Member # 1695

- posted      Profile for omi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know the problems. But [Smile]

I haven't seen any windows on the bridge of Ambassador model, so I haven't fitted the lounge to the middle (well I tried for the first time, but the person who I do it for, wanted a sofa in ready room [Smile] )

I know the outer hull don't have to be so thick. It's because the bridge space is a half sphere and I don't wanna skewed walls.

Yeah, there is not enough space for crew's rest room. (But it hasn't been in TOS classes either) so it's located on Deck 2 just next to the ramp [Smile]

Finally it's not the USS Excalibur bridge. It's made for my friend who's playing on-line Trek game (in Slovak [Wink] ) and it should be the TNG era Ambassador refit (to fit TNG standards). It's name is Equilibrium (he doesn't care if the name is official [Roll Eyes] )

Ok, here is the english versions of
bridge
engineering (combination of EF2 USS Dallas (Excalibur class) eng. and TNG era eng.)
sickbay

--------------------
Graphic, design, concepts, starsihp intrior's layouts, font, wallpapers, DVD covers and more ... browse ST Projects.

omi
Member # 1695

- posted      Profile for omi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, my pages are now available also in english (except the images for now [Frown] ). So enjoy [Wink]

--------------------
Graphic, design, concepts, starsihp intrior's layouts, font, wallpapers, DVD covers and more ... browse ST Projects.

omi
Member # 1695

oh, I'm sorry for the non functional link in one of my previous posts "first time". I don't know what happend. This one should work fine. I just learned to use the UBB code here [Cool] and I can't edit anymore the previous post [Frown]

--------------------

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

The picture you linked is the USS Excalibur bridge. Nicely done though.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That :first time" version does not work in that only the captain has access to the lone bathroom.

...and that's cause for mutiny!
(thus the true story of the destruction of the USS Pegasus is revealed)

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's the same way on the final version, as I mentioned earlier. As he said, the bathroom for the rest of the crew is on the next level.
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got a good close-up of the bridge superstructure of the Yamaguchi -- as well as a ton of other wonderful model shots -- at the IDIC Page.

And have you seen the perspective shot of the Enterprise-C's bridge published in the Fact Files/Star Trek Magazine?

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

A great site for references.

Omi, you are right- there is no rear windows on the Amby (looks lie it was a liberty of the aftermarket decalers that I used on my model!).

There are those off front-facing windows though.
A cool circular hallway around the bridge's front half with framed photos and windows would be cool and would hatch the studio model- kind of a cross betwen the model display on the "E" and the officer's lounge full of memoribilia in STV)

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

omi
Member # 1695

Do you have any picture? I don't see them (those off front-facing windows - I don't know where to look for them) I see only those on deck 2.

Wow, if there should be the hallway in front of the bridge, there would be not enough space for the conference lounge, and it will have to be also on deck 2...

And I'm sorry, in Czech republic there is no possibility to have any access to Fact files/ST Magazine. I can use only what I find on internet. (if that was meant to me)

--------------------

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps