Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ BSG 4x06 Faith $$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: $$ BSG 4x06 Faith $$
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kira!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a limited time only, leaving the question, where did she hitch the horse?

Anders is gonna be found out soon if he keeps getting all curious about all things Cylon.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seriously did not recognize her until the scene on the ferry.

I wasn't the only one to notice that by the end, Starbuck was the only human left on that baseship, was I? And yeah, I'm surprised nobody noticed Anders being a bit curious about the control interface. Of course, they could have just chalked that up to him just being a curious human.

I thought it was rather stupid that the Cylons wouldn't know how to interface with the Raptor's jump drive. That thing is practically ancient technology compared to their ships. Besides the fact that they've probably had plenty of captured ships and pieces to study.

It seemed that this episode kept building up to something, and then suddenly the show's over! I'm not sure what I was waiting for, though.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved it when they were going on about "the three from the five" etc and the expression on Anders's face was like "durr I don't know anything... I don't know where Earth is...."

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, they did seem have build up a setting where Roslin and Adama will be susceptible to Baltar's religion.

A few select Hybrid quotes:

quote:
The Children of the One Reborn shall find their own Country. (repeated twice)
quote:
But you are a spark of God's fire.
quote:

Thus will it come to pass.

The Dying Leader will know the truth of the Opera House. The Missing Three will give you the Five, who have come of the home of the Thirteenth.

You are the Harbinger of Death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their end.

End of line.

So, it seems that simultaneously, Kara Thrace represents the salvation and the destruction of the humans. Considering the apparently cyclic history the Cylons prefer ("All that has happened, will happen again.. again.. again..", to quote the First Hybrid), there could be some twisted truth to this. Maybe finding Earth will somehow paradoxically lead to the destruction of the Colonies!?

The other revelation is that the Final Five are apparently from Earth. How would that work!? Did the original robotic Cylons find Earth and found these artificial humans? Did the Thirteenth Tribe find the Cylon machines and used them to create this new order of Twelve Cylons? If the latter is true, then it would mean the Thirteenth Tribe are behind both powers, via the humanoid Cylons and via the Sacred Scrolls. My head is spinning.

It also seems the First Hybrid might have known about the Cylon civil war and Kara Thrace's coming. But make of it what you will.

quote:

At last, they’ve come for me. I feel their lives, their destinies spilling out before me. The denial of the one true path, played out on a world not their own, will end soon enough. Soon there will be four, glorious in awakening, struggling with the knowledge of their true selves. The pain of revelation bringing new clarity and in the midst of confusion, he will find her. Enemies brought together by impossible longing. Enemies now joined as one. The way forward at once unthinkable, yet inevitable. And the fifth, still in shadow, will claw toward the light, hungering for redemption that will only come in the howl of terrible suffering. I can see them all. The seven, now six, self-described machines who believe themselves without sin. But in time, it is sin that will consume them. They will know enmity, bitterness, the wrenching agony of one splintering into many. And then, they will join the promised land, gathered on the wings of an angel. Not an end, but a beginning.

Now, that notion of the First One is interesting. The only one suffering and in search of some kind of religious 'redemption' may be... the dying leader? Don't quote me on this.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm tired of trying to make sense of all this prophecy business. I'm just gonna lay back and the waves carry me.
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...what if the entire human race are skin-job cylons? or the colonies are birthed from skin-job cylons?

or when they reach earth, they meet all the New Macross class battleships in orbit... or they come across Macross 7 and Basara sings a fucked up Jap-pop song and fucks up the cylons...

...uh, i was actually serious about the Entire Colony bit. everything else was WTF quality WTFism's...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What if they reach Earth, and its really Bajor. And Major Kira tells them to get lost. [Razz]
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They reach Earth and Sector 001's crawling with Starfleet vessels asking 'Who the frak are you?' questions.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something tells me that there's going to be some interesting meetings in the near future... The altercation between the Six and what's-her-name (okay, Jean Barolay... damn, I recognized her, but forgot that she was on Anders' pyramid team and the original Caprica resistance!) has to be just the tip of the iceberg.

There's another piece of the puzzle that most of us seem to have forgotten so far... sure, we've discussed the Temple of Five before. But that temple was supposedly built by the thirteenth tribe. How can that relate (apparently directly) to the Final Five Cylons? There's a pretty big chronological disconnect there.

I wonder, is the "One Reborn" supposed to be a reference to Hera...?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and also, anyone notice when one of the Eights mentioned "the plan"? The one that apparently got royally screwed up? Kind of an interesting nod to the change in the opening sequence. Though I'm still not entirely sure if we're supposed to know what the Cylon plan actually was in the first place...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Cylons aren't the only ones who prefer a cyclical version of history. That's part of the Colonial's religion as well, as shown by the conversation between Roslin and Thrace when Roslin asked her to jump back to Caprica and retrieve the Arrow. What was that, S3? 2?

Hee. Maybe all this jumping around faster than light means that the fleet will arrive at Earth *before* any of the tribes left Kobol, and set all this stuff in motion again and again. That's what you get when you fuck with special relativity, man. Information traveling faster than light = weird temporal paradoxes.

Fuck it. I'm'n'a just watch and quit trying to figure it all out.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Good man.

Edit: You know FTL Drive seems more like instant teleportation that actual travel. I mean when the raptor jumps, we get to see it from a 1st person perspective, and its all just a bright flash and BOOM! your there. No subspace for you!

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the scenes on the basestar. The scenes in the sickbay with Roslin and Kira bored me.

I kind of figure Anders will be found out first. I was hoping he would have touched the cylon console and see what would happen. I think Boomer will be the first to know.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Teleportation is still FTL travel. If you appear in a new location more quickly than you could get there traveling at lightspeed, it violates relativity and the law of cause and effect.

I was sure Anders would touch the data font and suddenly all the Cylons in the room would look up, eyes wide, gasp, and there'd be that "bum bum bum bum" drum music they play at "oh shit" moments.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps