Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ BSG 4x10 "Revelations" $$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: $$ BSG 4x10 "Revelations" $$
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, Adama's scream of rage... was that because he found out that his best friend ever is a Cylon, or because he found out that the frakking Sci-Fi Channel is holding back the remaining episodes for another year?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who cares, THEY FOUND EARTH! YIPPIE!

Oh, wait, everything is in ruins. Doh!

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once again, fantastic music and some very nice FX shots. Especially that close-up of the Basestar arming its nukes.

I love the almost theatrical setting of that last scene, with what looked like all the major characters posing in some way. The brief touch between Six and Tigh was especially nicely done.

Oh, and the lovely Dee was back. What happened to her anyway, it seemed like we haven't really seen her since she broke up with Apollo.

For a brief moment, I thought that was the Golden Gate bridge in the last scene at the extreme right of the screen. It probably wasn't, but I was sort of expecting some recognizable structure, although that would've been a bit Planet of the Apes-y.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was New York. Great episode though.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it was supposed to be the place that Lee looked at a picture of earlier in the episode, with some sort of temple structure.

Another annoyingly great season finale, it's just a shame it's come so early and we have to wait so long for more.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So after a long trip following clues to find Earth, they discover that it's an uninhabited radioactive wasteland.

The twelfth Cylon is SO Daneel.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shikaru808:
I thought it was New York. Great episode though.

Me too. There was clearly a city in the background and the structure we see at the end looks like a piece of the Brooklyn Bridge. Of course that would put the temple in the middle of the Hudson River. [Roll Eyes]
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After seeing the episode I thought... what the frak?!?!?!

And then I saw that I would wait a year for the conclusion and thought... FUCK YOU SCI FI CHANNEL. I want it all in sequence!

So Earth got nuked... and so it begins again, again, again... just like the First Hybrid said.

Me thinks that the repetition of the destruction of humanity is not what it seems. Did anyone notice that the shots of Earth didn't really show off land masses we know of?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right. I don't think I remember seeing any continents or whatever. But throughout the entire episode I kept thinking about that damn final cylon... any guesses?

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The whole thing has got to be some sort of red herring, or somebody's dream, or a hologram (like in the temple), or they're on the wrong planet, or *something*! And it's not just because I don't like seeing Earth nuke itself into oblivion again, it's because of Starbuck and that brand-spankin'-new Viper. I mean, she had to go somewhere that she thought was Earth, and come back with this new-but-slightly-different Viper. Somebody helped her out - who was it, and where are they?

I'm honestly surprised that Starbuck didn't immediately deck Anders when he said he was a Cylon. She was just in so much shock that she couldn't even think.

FX shots were cool - I loved seeing that Gemenon Traveller-type ship dropping down through the atmosphere along side the Raptors.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most likely Kara leading them to destruction has to do with another revelation... that the Cylons and Colonials are closer than what they think.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, we saw North America in the previous finale, remember?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

Ah, but the Hybrid never said Kara would lead them to their destruction... just that she would lead them to their end. He did say also that she is the harbinger of death... but whose death? Why, the Cylons' (eventual) death... their resurrection hub was just destroyed. But then, there's the possibility of procreation, too.

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't the Three say the Final One wasn't in the fleet? Or at least one of the Colonials interpreted her that way.. maybe the Final Cylon is already on Earth.

Leoben's speech that Thrace recalled about "children replacing their parents" reeks of this grand Ozymandias/Linderman-type plan again, where the Cylons destroyed the humans to 'purify' them, or something. How that works out with a nuked Earth.. no idea.

Although at this point, whoever is responsible for the Sci-Fi Channel schedule is probably the best candidate for the Final Cylon. Either cancel a series and show the season in full, or commission a proper fifth season, you cheap bastards.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be quite fitting if this planet is in fact Terra rather than Earth.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps