Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ BSG 4x10 "Revelations" $$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: $$ BSG 4x10 "Revelations" $$
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Three was telling the truth, then Twelve wasn't in the fleet. And presumably if Twelve wasn't in the fleet because he/she was on the basestar at the time, she would have talked to them then. So what's that mean? That she doesn't recognize the face she saw? That doesn't leave many possibilities. A) It's someone dead. B) It's someone we've never met. C) It's the Harveys.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assuming this really is Earth (which I'm sure of since RDM plays fair) we still don't know if this is our subjective past or future. That structure was clearly meant to be the one from the book of Pythia (temple of Aurora?) so one assumes it's in our very distant past (12,000+ years ago) which would mean we are the descendants of the 12 tribes and the Cylons, not the 13th tribe that has apparantly wiped itself out.

So, with 10 episodes left, what loose ends yet remain?

1 - Who or what are the Harveys?
2 - Who or what took Kara to Earth & gave ehr a new Viper? (suspect answer same as above)
3 - What is the fate of the human/cylon hybrid children and how did a Six manage to conceive with another skinjob?
4 - What happened to Roslyn croaking before they got to Earth?
5 - Will the rest of the Cylons catch up with them?
6 - What's going to happen with the Centurions?
7 - What is the Origin of the Final Five?
and of course - Who is the final Cylon?

Oh and I liked how Kat is still being remembered.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:

Why is this a loose end? Why does it need an explanation?
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It would be quite fitting if this planet is in fact Terra rather than Earth."

I thought that too! I mean even though we saw Earth clearly at the end of Season 3, here a lot of the planet's surface was hidden by shadows and glare. I mean it could be Earth, it probably is, but why the vagueness? Also, I don't know much about nuclear attacks, but wouldn't there be some sort of visible evidence of a nuclear holocaust from space; at least couldn't they have detected the radiation before landing?

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It depends how long ago the fallout has settled.
As for recognising Earth from orbit, normally it's very hard to figure out where you are from orbital photos, like say those taken from the shuttle because of clouds and the landmasses are see from funny angles or are upside-down. It's just in "Crossroads" they were very deliberate in being very specific and definite that it really was Earth. This time there's no need. We know the constellations match and the structure they were standing in seamed to be the same one illustrated in the scrolls of Pythia.
Now, I'm wondering if this 13th colony site, given it's apparent structure is supposed to be Atlantis, as described by Plato? It looks to have the circular layout and have certainly, if only partly been overcome by the sea. Just a thought.
quote:
Originally posted by HerbShrump:
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:

Why is this a loose end? Why does it need an explanation?
They don't have to, but it would be nice. There's clearly an outside influence at work here (as is said in this episode) and it'd be nice to have SOME clue as to what that's about.

Oh. It just occurred to me they'll have to change the title sequence now they've found Earth. [Wink]
I wonder if this is a good time to break out the hover bikes and the child genius, 80's style?

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Galactica: 2009 [Smile]

Edit: Actually it would be 2009 now, wouldn't it? [Razz]

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

That's a cross.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh. That's either an accident (unlikely, given how it's positioned), or another clue about the time period. Very cool.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Yeah I spotted that too...As Dan said it could be one of a few things though having this all take place in the very distant future would help explain things like Cain's flintlocks pistols and other decidedly Earth-like artefacts from Colonial history.

If that's the road there taking then it didn't begin on Kobol, but on Earth (us) then in our future we migrate out to Kobol (having ignored Al Gore) start a colony (read whatever you like to the whole gods and humans bit) where everyone lives in human sacrificial bliss for a time. Some eventually move back to Earth where they think they can make it habitable again then there's a war ok Kobol and that gets blasted all the hell and the descendents move out to the "Colonies". Meanwhile on Earth civilisation get rebuilt but the usual crap happens and that bunch of humans wipe each other out.

It would certainly lend weight to the cycle of time theory. Still, part of me still thinks they're standing on ancient Earth, not the Planet of The Apes.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
. . . Of course, looking at it again, it could be an ankh symbol with most of the top circle removed, leaving just the bottom-left-hand quadrant behind. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

...or it's just a random lump of support structure or decorative stonework.
The whole scene seamed to be intentionally ambiguous so I don't think any clues we can glean will give us any useful answer.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

I would love a look at the city in the background.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excuse me, but... Harveys? What's that?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Harvey" is a reference to an imaginary six-foot-tall white rabbit from the movie/play of the same name, that the main character sees (or pretends to see), and no one else can. Just like the Harvey-Six that Baltar sees and the Harvey-Baltar that Six sees.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, Harvey is a movie that few sci-fi fans would ever have heard of except for Farscape. [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps