Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Real English accents, though.
Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snay:
Not happy with the second movie. I mean, it was good, don't get me wrong, but the story was choppy -- waaaaay too much stuff was cut from the book, IMO. For example, where was Nick's Deathday Party? And a lot of the best stuff ... gone. [Frown]

I hope that when "Prisoner of Azkaban" is released, the film will be longer (much longer) to accomodate a well-written script that stays as true to the book as possible. (YAY!)

Well, I'm about to totally disagree with you, so I guess I should prepare for some less than flattering anus comments.

I was hoping they would cut a lot from the movie. CoS was by far my least favorite of the books. However, I figured that with the proper editing it could still be made into a decent movie. And it was. A very good movie in fact. Even the lame ending played much better on-screen. That won�t be a problem next time�Rowling discovered the talent of writing a decent (make that excellent) ending with her third book.

What could a scene like the Deathday party possibly have done for the movie? It was unnecessary. This is a movie�you have to very mindful of pacing and CoS wasn�t very well paced.

Of course, this little tirade isn�t just based on the fact that I didn�t like CoS the book. Prisoner of Azkaban was my favorite of all the books, yet I still think there is a lot of material they can cut without hurting it as a movie. Cutting Goblet of Fire down to even a three-hour movie would be a challenging job though...

--------------------
"Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It?s us. Only us."
Rorschach

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Free ThoughtCrime America:

Besides, I'm surprised a movie full of English accents is tearing up the box office.

that's nothing. i'm surprised that SodomySnay isn't tearing up the anus.
IP: Logged
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I said earlier in this thread to play nice. That was directed at everyone. Keep this civil.
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

i was playing nice. the Snay Sodomy thing is this running gag we have between us.
newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a complaint I have for both the books and the movies. There isn't a whole lot on Harry Potter's life outside the wizarding world. I feel the Dursley family is one-dimensional. They are prejudiced against the wizardry world and this prejudice is a strong motivation for Harry Potter's quest for a family in the wizard world. I hope in the next book, if and when this appears, we don't have Harry Potter's further adventures with the Dursley family. It is repetitive and dull.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know why I like these books, I relaly don't. There are no characters! The people generally fall into the categories of good, evil, or indifferent, and have one more character trait of some sort. That's it. Even Harry isn't that well developed as a character.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

i don't like the books because they are stupid and poorly written, and the age group that they are aimed at should be reading real books. i was reading Moby Dick in 3rd grade. not that hard of a book.
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least kids are reading. Oops, sorry for the cliche.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was snickering at Moby Dick in third grade. I mean, because Dick is a euphemism for penis. It still slays me.
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moby gets me. The DJ, I mean. He's such a goofy looking bastard.
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UM, ThoughtCrime, please explain how either of those posts contributes to this topic in any realistic way whatsoever?
Member # 480

Do you ever have conversations with people? Do they always stay on track like a structured debate?

This is ridiculous. Chill out.

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ThoughtCrime, well over half of the posts you've made in the past two days have been meaningless, contentless fluff that provides no real substance to the topics at hand.

In case you have not done so, I suggest you read this recent announcement. You will comply with the policy or you will be forcefully removed.

There is a major difference between going off on a tangent and spouting bullshit left and right.

Member # 480

Look, I don't care. It seems like I'm doomed for the ax anyway, even though I've been as much on topic as anybody outside of the Starship threads.

I backed off on the Rama attacks, since it's your forum. But this holy-than-thou-everything-has-to be-perfectly-on-topic stance is an large overreaction on your part, and I don't see it working.

Yeah, I read your manifesto. I don't see myself changing the way I post, so...

Hey, I had fun while it lasted. Sorry to get kicked out of your little club for making jokes you didn't like. Apparently that's what this is all about.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps