Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay.

Love the books. Love the series. Loved the first movie.

Not happy with the second movie. I mean, it was good, don't get me wrong, but the story was choppy -- waaaaay too much stuff was cut from the book, IMO. For example, where was Nick's Deathday Party? And a lot of the best stuff ... gone. [Frown]

I'm hoping that when released on DVD, the film will reincorporate what I'm sure is quite a bit of footage cut to trim the time.

I hope that when "Prisoner of Azkaban" is released, the film will be longer (much longer) to accomodate a well-written script that stays as true to the book as possible.

I'm not that worried with "Goblet of Fire", but that's because the book is going to be cut into two films -- each roughly the length of "HP&TSS" or "HP&TCOS" and released within a few months of each other (YAY!)

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Not happy with the second movie. I mean, it was good, don't get me wrong, but the story was choppy -- waaaaay too much stuff was cut from the book, IMO. For example, where was Nick's Deathday Party? And a lot of the best stuff ... gone.
I haven't seen the second movie yet, but I felt the same way when I saw the first movie. For example, the whole thing with the Norwegian Ridgeback was extremely shortened.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"the film will be longer (much longer)"

Jesus. The film's already 161 minutes. That's already about forty minutes too long.

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think it's about 161 minutes too long.
IP: Logged
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When does The Two Towers come out?
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, now, we can at least pay the proper respect to Potter within the context of his own thread.

What worries me is how they'll keep the boy playing Potter young until they've made a film of the last book, they'll have to give him growth-stinting medicine. I'm talking big fucking red warning triangle on the label.

So when he stops taking them, I'm worried his body could get overenthusiastic with its newfound freedom and spurt his body into Richard Kiel-mode.

And that's against nature, there can only be one Richard Kiel on the Earth at a time and that's Richard Kiel himself. Then he and Yulaw would have to duke it out, we'll see how far his fancy Broadway-kicks can take him.

I'll go and see "Chamber of Secretions" anyway, my girlfriend likes the books. And she's so cute when she's sitting on my chest, banging Potter-books at my forehead. Naturally I mellow.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harry and the Chamber Pot of Secrets. *zing*
IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those of you who don't care for Harry Potter, that's fine, kindly fuck off and eat your own poop or whatever it is you do.

This thread is for people who've seen the movie and care to comment on it, and the books, etc. Thank you very much, and have a nice fuckin' day.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sensitive about Harry Potter. That's pretty funny.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

As sensative as you are about your precious anus.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone: hugs and kisses. Now.

This thread will stay on the topic. If you want to debate the qualities of the Harry Potter series, feel free to start your own thread.

Member # 239

"As sensative as you are about your precious anus."

What?

What?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Please go away, UM.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I hope that when "Prisoner of Azkaban" is released. . .
Er, yeah, about that: Isn't the word 'Azkaban' going to be a little bit hard for Americans to pronounce? I mean, first you had "philosopher's stone" changed to "sorceror's stone", what next? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Alohadude? Still, I suppose I can find solace in the second film not being called Harry Potter and the Room of Stuff. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe "Philosopher's Stone" isn't as snappy a title as "Sorceror's Stone" is.

Besides, I'm surprised a movie full of English accents is tearing up the box office.

Star Wars aside, of course.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps