Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kosh,

As far as "Goblet" goes, they're going to produce it as two different films, each roughly two and a half hours long, and release the two halves within a few months of each other (sort of like what is going on with Matrix 2 & 3).

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Order of the Phoenix will be even longer, so I've heard.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The time it's taken her to write it, I'm not surprised...

The thing is, Goblet of Fire isn't really THAT much bigger than Prisoner of Azkaban. Look at the font sizes. POA uses the same size and spacing as the first two books, whereas GOF uses Really Spaced Out Lettering, in order to make the book look bigger.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I loved the movie and I saw it the other day! I've got the soundtrack. I'm all totally HP since I decided to buy HP&TPS a month or a bit more ago. I've since read the rest of the books including the two little books about Quidditch and Magical Beasts.

I'm REALLY looking forward to the next book.

quote:
You should really read the books. They're very good. Compared to the book, the movie version of CoS was lacking.

It wasn't really LACKING as such - it's lacking to someone who has read the book - because as ALWAYS there is SO much more in the book. They have to get the plot done in the movie in the time alotted and there's no time for more character moments like you'd see in the book.

After the first movie (when I saw it to see it - I hadn't read the books then) I did noticee that the effects in Quidditch did look a LITTLE wierd here and there - and for CoS I was really keep a close eye on the Quidditch scene... I WAS TOTALLY ENRAPTURED!! There were NO effects 'probs' in CoS AT ALL! Quidditch was fantastic and really exciting. I read where they had filmed the quidditch scenes first so they had more time to do the effects. GREAT move!

Love the movie. Soundtrack great!

WOO! Goooooooooo HARRY!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Snay, that's good to know.

quote:

The thing is, Goblet of Fire isn't really THAT much bigger than Prisoner of Azkaban.

"Prisoner" will be the one to suffer the most cuts then, instead of "Goblett". To bad, it was a fine story.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Incidentally, neither a one-part nor two-part HP:E5:HP&TGoF (Mimpower!) has had a penny spent on it by the studio yet, so it would be presumptuous to say that a two-parter has been decided-on. Speculated, certainly, but it ain't a done deal by a long shot. A writer hasn't even been signed yet.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
E5?
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm, E4. Or would that be EIV?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

We should ask Mim.

Harry Potter - Episode IV: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Part I: The Test - Special Extended Edition DVD.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:

I'm REALLY looking forward to the next book.

quote:
You should really read the books. They're very good. Compared to the book, the movie version of CoS was lacking.

It wasn't really LACKING as such - it's lacking to someone who has read the book - because as ALWAYS there is SO much more in the book. They have to get the plot done in the movie in the time alotted and there's no time for more character moments like you'd see in the book.

I really have to visit this parallel dimension where the CoS novel was actually not a bit cack.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I'm sorry, what does "cack" mean?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

StarFire
Member # 748

- posted      Profile for StarFire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh dear. I saw HP: CoS twice in the first week (long story). I must say, the visuals, espically in the Chamber itself were definately much better than the book described.

I would have loved to have seen the deathday party even though it wasn't essential to the plot. But I can understand why they didn't go there. Same thing with the Weasley family's garden gnomes.

However, the one point that really bugged me was at the very end when Herminoe runs into the room and she and Ron just kinda...stop short of hugging each other. It seems someone was jumping the gun at hinting what later books (specifically the 4th one) will hint at. Also, I think Herminoe and Ron should really fight more-- like in the books. But that should come about in the 3rd one for sure.

Overall, I liked this movie loads more than the 1st one. And cannot wait for the next movie-- and book! Im actually looking forward to that book much, much, more. [Smile]

--------------------
Are we having fun yet?

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just finished the ultrashort "Chamber of Secrets" PC-game, downloaded it from 3dgamers.com.
Great easy kid's game, a must-buy for little nephews and stough. The controls felt great, spellcasting is rather funny.
The big jellybeans you collect, although pointless except for gathering a score, are pretty. :-)

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

StarFire
Member # 748

- posted      Profile for StarFire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ANNOUNCED TODAY!!!

The 5th book in the series goes on sale Saturday, June 21st, 2003.

Will I be the only one standing in line for this one?? [Smile]

http://www.bloomsburymagazine.com/harrypotter/muggles/whassup/news.asp

--------------------
Are we having fun yet?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Beat you to it. Nice try, though [Big Grin]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps