Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Master Sifo Dias (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Master Sifo Dias
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure that there is a reference to Sifo on the DVD somewhere and that the mystery will be revealed in episode 3.
Of course I could be mistaken.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Rev. It is almost certainly something that is meant to lead into EpIII, and (IMO) probably has something to do with the mystery surrounding Sidious & Palpatine.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a mystery?
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that's kind of a matter of debate, I suppose. I somehow get the feeling that there's going to be some sort of surprise revelation about the situation. As in, everyone expecting and assuming all along that Sidious and Palpatine are one and the same, but then it turning out that they're clones or some other such shock.

After all, Lucas, when asked about why the Jedi cannot sense Palpatine's force-power/manipulation, has said that there's a reason for it. And i'm almost certain that "Sifo-Dyas" is indeed a corruption of "Sidious."

It's just a feeling, but I have a hunch that Lucas is planning some kind of big climax for the end of his life's work.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's an EVIL twin!!! *dramatic chord*

Seriously though, I think the reason that the Jedi cannot sense the dark side in Palpatine has something to do with the Jedis' weekness that was mentioned in AotC, the one that only the Sith know about.
Then again Yoda did give Palpatine a funny look...

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's a reason that whole 'lost twenty' thing was dropped - maybe Sidious was one of the lost twenty - and it was too obvious if they left it in? It wasn't even a part of the 'cut scenes' on the DVDs.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, we know dooku is one of the lost 20. I can't see Palpatine/Sidious being anyone that the Jedi are familiar with in any form. Theymay not be able to sense Palp's Force manipulation, but they would still recognize his face!

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lost 20? What? Dropouts?
Perfect for the muscial version in 10 years "Jedi school dropouts...." [Big Grin]

I think Sifo Dyas will turn out to be Anikin's father: killed by Sideous to make the whole cycle of manipulation complete: only to be broken by luke refusing to fight Vader.

...and he could be played by John Travolta.
During the big lightsabre duel with Mace Windu, they can reminice about what people call a Big-Mac on Kamino.....

Now that I think about it, those Kaminoloids really suck at customer service!
It takes them TEN YEARS to fill your order and they don't check in with you even once?
That's like the waitress never coming back to refill your drink.
I know what happened to Sifo Dias: he's been in the room next to the office waiting to complain to the management about the service for the past decade.
One day the Kaminoloids will be spring cleaning and come upon his dessicated remains in front of a sign saying "back in fifteen minutes".

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL! You're right!! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the Lost 20 are the only 20 Jedi who have ever left the order. I don't believe this number includes those who have been steel toed out, but rather refers to those who have left voluntarily.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Now that I think about it, those Kaminoloids really suck at customer service!
It takes them TEN YEARS to fill your order and they don't check in with you even once?

Well, maybe whoever filled the order specifically said, "Okay, since it'll take ten years for the first units to be ready, you just keep working on it, and I'll send someone back in ten years to take delivery."

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty sloppy of Sideous not to check in on their progress.
What if they went out of business or got wiped out by a big asteroid or something?
He probably ordered the clone army from the Kaminoloids' infomercial or mabye from spam sent to his hotmail box.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sidious knew of the progress.. he simply set it up that no one else would know.. i.e., erasing Kamino from the Archives.

We know that it wasn't a complete information blackout, because Jango lived on Kamino and had been in contact with Dooku, when Dooku ordered him to kill Amidala. (The scene where Obi-Wan spies on Dooku and the separatists confirms that the attempts on Amidala's life were made by Jango and other operatives, at the order of Dooku, at the request of Nute Gunray). Since Dooku was in contact with Sidious, it would have been easy for Jango to tell Dooku and then for Dooku to tell Sidious that the plan was moving forward, even though the Kaminoans were not making any official reports to their contractors.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Jesus! With all the "he said- she said" going on, one of Jango's hired killers could tell him "I barely missed her tonight" and by the time Sideous finally hears about it'll probably be "Amidala's bare assed naked tonight".

Toyfare magazine said it best in their "Twisted Mego Theatre":
"Sideous tells Dooku to nkill Amidala.
Dooku hires Jango fett to kill Amidala for him.
Then, Jango hires Zam-wazzit(?) to kil Amidala.
And THEN Zam has the little worm things do the work?
What, are assassins in a labor union?"

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever happened to the "Spartii" or "Spaarti" (damn spelling) cloning cylinders from the Thrawn Trilogy? Such as the ones from Mount Tantis(s) (Damn spelling again)

I thought that was what was used to create the clones, not these really skinny Campino-loid guys. And thier cloning technology.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps