Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Shuttle "Indigo" in 3D - WIP (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Shuttle "Indigo" in 3D - WIP
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some more works of art from Kenny "The Flatulent Jock" Mitchell.

Front view
Front view with pilot
Aft view
Cell shaded view

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reverend, totally awesome 3D veiws. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] It would be cool to see your aquashuttle also represented in 3D.
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that cell-shaded view. Is that a Photoshop plug-in?

Since when has Starfleet hired TIE fighter pilots to fly its shuttles? [Smile]

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It would be cool to see your aquashuttle also represented in 3D.
There's just no satisfying some people.
If you want a 3D model of the Aquashuttle then I suggest you ask a 3D artist to do it for you.

quote:
I love that cell-shaded view. Is that a Photoshop plug-in?
I should think so. I'll ask him for you.

quote:
Since when has Starfleet hired TIE fighter pilots to fly its shuttles?
They were transferred in from Skywalker Division [Wink]

UPDATE:
Close up on the engine details
3D schematics

--------------------

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reverend, tell Kenny Mitchel that he does excellent work and it shows. The two of you would make an excellent team.

I will try to find a 3D artist to design an aquashuttle. I just thought it would be great to see "your" aquashuttle represented in 3D like Charles Winston's Shuttle.

Keep up the great work. [Big Grin]

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Reverend, tell Kenny Mitchel that he does excellent work and it shows. The two of you would make an excellent team.

We have collaborated on several occasions already.

quote:
I will try to find a 3D artist to design an aquashuttle. I just thought it would be great to see "your" aquashuttle represented in 3D like Charles Winston's Shuttle.
Fell free to point them in the direction of my schematics.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey - this is the Winston ship isn't it?

I reckon this could be an early TOS/TAS runabout!!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Kenny 10 Bellys
Member # 955

- posted      Profile for Kenny 10 Bellys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, what do you know, my first Flare post!

Hi guys, I'm the sap that built the 3D model of Reverends TAS shuttle schematic. As he says, this isn't a first for us, others being the Ptolemy, the Bradbury, The Reisei and even a V mothership. As for this thing, I'm going to leave the computer rendering a pic overnight that myself and Rev wanted to see, and I'll maybe post it here later.

In answer to the query above, it's not Photoshop but a series of plug-ins for the Lightwave program itself, cel-shaders to allow me to render Anime style images and animations directly. It's not a very good example, i used an older shader and didn't make the model with it in mind, but I may alter it to suit later if I do an animation. For the moment, here's a schematic of the final ship complete with weathering and adjusted decals, as well as a little beauty shot.

Schematic image 90k
Landed on a planet 35k
Under Scrutiny! 35k

--------------------
Kenny Mitchell,
Amateur 3D animator
and gynaecologist

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, Kenny. Very nice work on the shuttle.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Sarvek
Member # 910

I second that. [Big Grin] Great work on that shuttle. I really like your last one though, nice touch. Welcome to the forum. [Big Grin]
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kenny!

I like the second pic better! Looks like a hot day!! [Smile]

The third pic is all screwy. What's with the floor? It's reflective, here and there but not everywhere.

Does ANYONE think this is a TOS/TAS runabout!?!

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's described as a "Small, one-man, starship" by Curt Danhauser's site, so you could call it a runabout. If that term even existed during TOS. It seemed to be a new-ish category of ships in DS9.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Kenny 10 Bellys
Member # 955

- posted      Profile for Kenny 10 Bellys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would never have classed it as a runabout, even if the term had existed at that time. If it's a one-man ship I'd class it as a shuttlepod, or perhaps a shuttlecraft if it's attached to a base or station, but it's pretty poorly equipped to move a bunch of people from A to B if it's only 1 man.

I think this is what it says on the tin, a one man ship designed to carry a single occupant and his supplies for short-medium duration journeys over relatively minor interstellar distances.

Andrew, as for the floor in shuttlebay 2, it is all reflective, but there's not much to reflect in some parts, the ceiling is quite bare apart from the lighting panels. The type of lights I used were a cheat as well to save time, for an example of a better lit render go to the link below, it's a pic from my site advertising the Shuttlebay 2 model.

Shuttlebay 2 and Type 9 image

--------------------
Kenny Mitchell,
Amateur 3D animator
and gynaecologist

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I agree with Kenny's assesment, it's not a runabout. Runabouts are more modular and are geared towards scientific missions, not transportation or commerce.

Actually, I sketched up a brief technical outline in antisipation of Bernd sticking the schematics up on JoaT. [See below]

quote:
Class-H12
Warp 3.5 Old Scale (Sol - Proxima in 1.4 months)
Designed by Yoyodyne Propulsion Div. under the direction of the FSDB, with the intention to create a one person Warp capable shuttle, small enough to land inside a standard Starfleet hanger deck and with an optimal range of 15 light years without re-supply.
For use in the outer colonies to make rapid interstellar travel more readily available, to promote trade and travel across the Federation.
Often used by Starfleet Starbase personnel as a short range courier and rapid response intra-system rescue vehicle.
Commissioned in 2260
Retired from Starfleet in 2278
Still in use by civilians as of 2378, are a common sight at Shuttlecraft memorabilia rallies.

Also for those who are interested I sketched out
a rough interior layout...

-

and a basic engine diagram.
 -
Red = Duterium
Blue = Anitmatter
Green = Dilithium chamber.
Yellow = Warp plasma conduits.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice. One note, though. TAS "One of Our Planets is Missing" established that vessels of this era had matter and antimatter stored and tapped directly in the nacelles themselves, rather than in a central reactor.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps