Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Shuttle "Indigo" in 3D - WIP (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Shuttle "Indigo" in 3D - WIP
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A minor bit of trivia for the sake of completeness.

Shuttle with docking tube deployed

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
In regards to the internal layout; the main priority there was to minimise the amount of work for Kenny if he decided to model the shuttle with an opening door, or a set of transparent windows through which one could see cockpit. With the door open all you'd be able to see would be a few steps and another door, with the cockpit it'd be just a wall, a console, a door and a chair.
I imagine that these same concerns are what drove the design of the Runabout set which is why they are bother compartmentalised.

That's not the only thing that reminds me of the Danube Class runabout - It's the sloped front windows, the position of the nacelles (slightly different) The relative length, the doors on either side. Etc.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok....it's still not a Runabout.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Kenny 10 Bellys
Member # 955

- posted      Profile for Kenny 10 Bellys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Were it twice the size, it would be a runabout like craft, as it is it's a little spaceship. For the last time, here's a picture of the shuttle before i put it to bed, unless anyone has an interesting request for it. Reverend sent me a little request that I add 3 landing lights to the underside, so this is something of a showcase for them.

Carter Winstons trip to mars!

--------------------
Kenny Mitchell,
Amateur 3D animator
and gynaecologist

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, it's not a RUNABOUT. BUT LOOK AT IT. the ship has the potential to be an early version of one...

The door:ship/door:windows/door:nacelle ratios are very close to the Danubes.

It frigg'n well LOOKS like one - even though here the nacelles are up and the Danube's are down.

--------------------

Kenny 10 Bellys
Member # 955

- posted      Profile for Kenny 10 Bellys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Easy Tiger! [Smile]

Yeah, it could be, but isn't. I'll send anyone the model who wants to turn it into one, but I think I've devoted enough time to this particular ugly duckling already. With a little resizing and some windows and modules you might have a goer, but I've got to move on to a new ship now.

--------------------
Kenny Mitchell,
Amateur 3D animator
and gynaecologist

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Yes, sorry! [Smile]

OK, it ISN'T a runabout - but it looks like it COULD be one.

--------------------

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone should design a TOS Runabout to settle this once and for all. It would be a cool idea to see one, at least the possibility of one. It is only a thought.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps