Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Show off your car! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Show off your car!
StationMaster
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for StationMaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay - not one to be left out.....

The SM's car

1972 VW Porsche 914 - 1.7l - Just another Mid Engined Porsche!

Still in a bad mood with it about yesterday (Would not start - took over an hour to fix!)

------------------
---- AAARRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!----

I feel better now.

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

This isn't my car, the car I drive I'd rather not post! But I'd like to gauge the reaction of conservative Americans to cars such as the Ford Ka above, or the Focus below.....

------------------
"I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
- Vic Reeves

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I'm a weird individual. I hate cars, but I like to talk about them. I guess I'm really a design lover. And I love the Focus.. but wouldn't want to drive one

BTW: underage people with cars-doesn't that scare you? I know some 16 year olds and if they lived in the states they'd have a car. And I just can't imagine those people in a car. Especially that childish small one..

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Anyway, this is roughly what our family car looks like:

Of course, the one above is a way more expensive version with luxury bumpers but you get the idea :]

RW
Member # 27

And it's an upgraded design but it looks roughly the same.

Am I overusing the word roughly?

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*comes clean*
My name is Monty, and I drive a sprightly red Micra. (!!!)

I didn't buy it, I inherited it from my Mum. In its favour; very easy to park, and allows smugness about the inversely proprtional relationship between car length and....something else.

------------------
"I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
- Vic Reeves

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my car or my former car, if I believe those people who repeatedly claim I'm a racing driver:

http://fsinfo.cs.uni-sb.de/~thda/dtm/1996/dtm1996.htm

Hey, I made the 2nd place in that year!

My actual car is so old and rusty I couldn't find an image in the web (the VW website doesn't admit it ever existed).

------------------
I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer. (McCoy in "Devil in the Dark")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't want to leave a wrong impression: I think car racing SUCKS.
The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I drive a Dodge Carravan with 126,000. I'm looking at new Dodges, see if I can find something I can pay for.

I like the look of those two little Fords Monty. Is Ford making them or someone else?
The Ka looks like a WV Beetle.

------------------
Down for Upgrade

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

Trawling through the net I have found a Micra

Jealous?

------------------
"I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
- Vic Reeves

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well since you asked - I'd prefer the Arjun MBT over a car. That way I'll never get pulled over!

However if one was to force me to have a road car I'd want a short wheel based V6 3.5 litre mitsubishi Pajero.

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's mine, and me too! 8)

Ohh. . . er, SUGAR!!!

[This message was edited by The First One on April 24, 1999.]

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

*insert the sound of Lee fiddling with a broken link methinks!*

P.S. Yes, they're made by Ford, Ed. Not sure exactly where.
------------------
"I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
- Vic Reeves

[This message was edited by Montgomery on April 21, 1999.]

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

Grrr....*won't let thread die*

We must continue the gradual realignment of this forum to become SolarFlare Men & Motors.

------------------
"I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
- Vic Reeves

RW
Member # 27

To get back to Monty's question, what DO you Americans think of that sleek, beautiful ford focus and that nippy gem Ka?

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps