Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » How did you get your username? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: How did you get your username?
bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was right after a new version of the board came out (or after a move) and I was looking at email and a guy in the distribution list with me was named Bryce.

------------------
Peace on Earth

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the main characters of Ann McCaffrey's Rowan books was named Jeff Raven...I've had it LONG before I knew of Flare/SFCR...

------------------
"I suppose you thought I was dead? No such thing. Don't flatter yourselves that I haven't got my eye upon you. I am wide awake, and you give plenty to look at."
Household Words, Aug. 24, 1850
From the Raven in the Happy Family

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think mine's pretty self explanitory. (Plus, say "Ultra Magnus" aloud. Sounds pretty cool, huh?)

Ultra Magnus - "Consistancy is Victory"

Ultra Magnus is all soldier. Most confortable when carrying out Optimus Prime's orders. Possesses magnificent Fighting skills, courage and a gift for battlefield improvisation. Uncomfortable in the mantle of leadership, but presents strong profile as commander. Carries missile launchers capable of hitting targets 30 miles away. Resolute, Fair, and Courageous beyond reproach. Ever ready to sacrifice himself for the good of the men and mission.

Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

------------------
I bet when Neanderthal kids would make a snowman, someone would
always end up saying "Don't forget the big heavy eyebrows." Then they would all get embarrassed because they remembered they had the big hunky eyebrows too, and then they would get mad and eat the snowman.

-Jack Handey

[This message has been edited by Ultra Magnus (edited January 14, 2000).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My name is a B5 reference, although it would work better if The Vorlon posted more.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I'm still amazed at how unintuitive the Windows world is and how it tries to mimic the Mac." - John de Lancie

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am, and always have been, LOA......

~LOA

------------------
"The battle is raging inside my weary heart
screaming for me to let it all go...
My body is weak and I can't take the struggle anymore...
the love that was here is filled up by anger and rage..." ~FOM

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any specific reason for those particular letters? Other than, of course, 'Litotes Over Australia'?

------------------
I bet when Neanderthal kids would make a snowman, someone would
always end up saying "Don't forget the big heavy eyebrows." Then they would all get embarrassed because they remembered they had the big hunky eyebrows too, and then they would get mad and eat the snowman.

-Jack Handey

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's because she's Loud, Obnoxious, and Annoying.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I'm still amazed at how unintuitive the Windows world is and how it tries to mimic the Mac." - John de Lancie

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine was derived from one of the online RPG's I was involved in.

------------------
"Never meddle in the affairs of dragons...for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine's my initials.

------------------
"The Earl of Sandwich invented the sandwich. Samuel Morse invented the Morse Code. Plato invented the plate."
-Holly, Red Dwarf: "Parallel Universe"

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my is from a book called The Adventures of Lando Calrissian. My charachters full name is Rokur Gepta, and he is an evil Sorcerer from the planet Tund! He is Lando's arch enemy.

------------------
"I'm not feeling alright today, I'm not feeling that great"

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine comes from my days back moderating a Flyers chatroom (that's hockey for you non-Canadians) when I called everyone by their initials, cause it was easier to type. They thus called me by mine, thus DT was born.

------------------
"I'm so happy cause today I found my friends. They're in my head." - Kurt Cobain
Lithium, Nirvana

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine's pretty much self explanatory. It was the first thing that came to mind and I liked it, so that was that.

------------------
Worf: He is an overgrown child and she is...confused.

O'Brien: It could still work.

[This message has been edited by Orion Syndicate (edited January 15, 2000).]

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As the then, and now once again, only Scot on the board, I decided to pick a suitably Trekkish and yet Scottish name. And who better to borrow a name from than Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott?

------------------
"I cannot live out that life.
That man is bereft of passion... and imagination!
That is not who I am!"

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah yes; all us Canadians are alike. How could I forget?

I had a website called Garak's Tailor Shop quite a while before I heard of the Enterforums, and I've always used the same name.

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like stars, I like eagles. Altair is the brightest star in the constellation Eagle. That's it

NightWing, my latest alias, is taken from the DC character which was known as Robin (from Batman). When Robin wanted to start on his own, he used the name Nightwing. (Nice to know is that it was also mentioned in the movie 'Batman Forever', where Robin wanted a name and said: "I need a name, Batboy, Nightwing..." but then they decided on Robin.)

------------------
"Reality is a condition that occurs because of a lack of alcohol."
- Albert Einstein

(-=\V/=-)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps