Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » How did you get your username? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: How did you get your username?
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a fan of the Borg episodes (the early ones, at least, before they became less scary).

Therefore I required a Borg designation.

I am the first of two offspring in my domestic unit.

Thusly, First of Two.

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thus far, I have the most interesting story...

Fabry. It's a crater on the moon. There was a time a while ago when I couldn't think of names for all the kitbashes that I was making. So, I grabbed an encyclopedia and looked at the moon. I copied all of the names that I liked, and due to my poor handwriting, Fabry looked like Fabrx. And so, I added a vowel to make it right. Fabrax, no. Fabrix, no. Fabrox, no. Fabrex, no. Fabrux, yes. Then I named a ship after it. And all was content, until someone hijacked my Hotmail account. So, I wanted a name that wouldn't need numbers in it. I looked through my ship list and saw Fabrux. So I put it in. The rest is history.

------------------
Chris's Home Page
The Psi Corps is your friend. Trust the Corps.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, my name comes from Richard Wagner's "Der Ring Des Nibelungen" opera cycle. Siegfried becomes the central character in "Siegfried" and "Die Gotterdammerung." This is one of my favorite musical works, so I picked the name of the hero.

As for The Pompatus of Love, well, I explained this way back in the very old "Interrogation of Charles Capps" threads (TM).

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine? It's unique.. that's one..

I'm a part-time fantasy/scifi writer. I was writing a story where there was the captain of a ship who sailed the seas of Astelbania (a world my bro and I created back in our D&D days) That captain's name was Alshrim Dax (Dax cuz I like star trek and that was my paying homage to it in a fantasy story)

I came up with names like: Eylan Goldenbane, Brandyn Lorenquick, Loreena Silvahart, Dannoa Dax etc... Alshrim Dax fit me .. cuz my actual name is in it .. (Al) .. so .. I picked that.

------------------
I feel more like I do now, then when I first got here!! :)

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax;

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back in the days of the dial-in bulletin boards, I tried "The Great And Powerful Turtle" (from the Wildcards seried edited by George R. R. Martin) but that was too long. The acronym, TGAPT, meant nothing to nobody. I then tried "Bat-Winged Hamburger Snatcher" (from Odd Bodkins, the only underground comic I know of that made it to syndication in a major newspaper). Same problem, and BWHS made no sense to anybody either.

Finally I settled on Baloo, the character from Kipling's "The Jungle Book", and Disney's "Tale Spin". Just about everyone knows who that character is, and I have (approximately) the same build, and nearly as much hair.

------------------
"Politicians and diapers should be changed regularly, for the same reason."
--(Unknown)
Come Hither and Yawn...

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baloo, what have we told you about wearing pants...?

------------------
"I cannot live out that life.
That man is bereft of passion... and imagination!
That is not who I am!"

Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People always said i put out evil vibes, and the temprature drops by two degrees when i enter a room. So choose a name that would fit my personality.
Inteligent
Malevlant
Possesor of Arcane Knowledge

So i chose the name of Necromancer

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

Dane Simri
Member # 272

- posted      Profile for Dane Simri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine's from a name I used for a BPeM RPG... the character was a Betazoid, so I wanted something that sounded Betazoid-ish (or is that Betazoid-like?) Dane is short for Danai. Oh, and my real name's in there somewhere too.

------------------
Dane

"...and there was war in heaven..." The Bible, Revelation 12:7

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I chose PsyLiam because it rolls of the toungue better than "English tosser".

I was tempted to go for "Gobshite" for a while though.

------------------
"Sorry Wendy, I just can't trust something that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

Mr Garrison

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

quote:
If an anthropomorphic character wears even a solitary article of human clothing, he is not considered naked.

Hey! Remember Booboo from Yogi Bear? He wore only a bow tie fer crissakes!

------------------
"Politicians and diapers should be changed regularly, for the same reason."
--(Unknown)
Come Hither and Yawn...

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D. Hunter came from an old IRC sim i was on I played Commander David Hunter a Starfleet Intel Officer who turns out to be a changeling i really liked the charactor so I've decided to keep it plus my old handle MrDodge ended up being taken every where i went IRC is full of MrDodges

------------------
"Marge .. Do you have other men in this House ? .. Radioactive men?"
~Homer "The Simpsons"

http://www.geocities.com/travlyn2/

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baloo's post reminded me of an episode of Tiny Toons. Plucky and Hampton go swimming (skinny-dipping). Something happens and Plucky runs off with the clothes. Hampton has to walk home naked, and gets gasps of shock from everyone. And Bugs walks buy wearing just gloves, and is fine.
And what about Daffy eh? What exactly did he wear?

------------------
"Sorry Wendy, I just can't trust something that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

Mr Garrison

[This message has been edited by PsyLiam (edited January 15, 2000).]

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*LOL@the cartoon nudity argument*

Mine is my name.

I used to go as 'C. Capps'... During my days in the Adjective Army, I adopted the nickname Obsessive, courtesy of Obsessive Behaviour, the predecessor to The Behaviour Group. From 'The Obsessive C. Capps' came 'The Obsessive C.', which evolved into 'TheObsessiveC', which eventually got shortened into 'TOC'/'TheObC'/'ObC'... And now it's taken another transformation into 'TOCie', and 'eiCOT' when I feel different.

But I use Charles Capps for pretty much everything. *L*

------------------
"You shot him! You shot him dead!!"
"Well, he was attacking me with a banana!"

[This message has been edited by Charles Capps (edited January 15, 2000).]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Pretty formal relationship he has with Jubes eh everyone?

"I love you Steph"

"I love you Charles Capps".

Which is why he shall forever be known to us as Chuckie.

------------------

Mr Garrison

gravie
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
w

------------------
"I want to change the way the world effects me"
http://members.theglobe.com/ddunehew/default.html

IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps