Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » How did you get your username? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: How did you get your username?
DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daryus: Five bucks says we're the only two who know what Jai HInd means.

------------------
"She's just as bored as me." - Kurt Cobain
Polly, Nirvana

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Long live India?

------------------
Worf: He is an overgrown child and she is...confused.

O'Brien: It could still work.

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's this guy I know whose nickname is DeadElvis and DeadJesus, so I thought I'd copy him. I liked the book Cujo, so that's what I used.

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan
http://www.phix-it.com/~perseus/

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curtis Joseph sucks. He should be dead.

Same CuJo, right?

------------------
"I'd rather be dead than cool" - Kurt Cobain
Stay Away, Nirvana

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's better than...erm...who do you like again? Fred Brathwaite?

------------------
I bet when Neanderthal kids would make a snowman, someone would
always end up saying "Don't forget the big heavy eyebrows." Then they would all get embarrassed because they remembered they had the big hunky eyebrows too, and then they would get mad and eat the snowman.

-Jack Handey

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, I meant the book Cujo by Stephen King

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan
http://www.phix-it.com/~perseus/

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*more meaningless backstory on my usernames*

I briefly considered a name having to do with the occult, (I once had an online chat alter-ego named "DarkChilde" -- redundant, eh?) but everything I thought of sounded vaguely 12-year-oldish, or someone had already used.

I flirted with "Debunker" once I lost my patience for the "I'm the Great and Powerful Oz" types.

I used "Bistromath", after the famed ship of Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, for some time.

I considered "fagroolana," which was a word used by Don Martin in MAD Magazine, to describe the sound made by a morgue slab being slid open, but dropped it for its audio connotations.

THAT is when I decided on First of Two.

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine came from the Delta Quadrant's resident (and vastly underused ) time-manipulators.

------------------
"We exist in a boundless time continuum. There is no weekend!"

- Zorak, "Hungry," Space Ghost: Coast to Coast.

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine comes from the fact that I work as part of the Tech/Running crew for plays at my college. I'm one of the best and I can fix/make just about anything that is needed. So the name Tec was born.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kosh is B-5

I have also used:
ET for my name Ed Toler
Kruge- from ST3
The Excalibur-for the ship from "Crusade", which I still use at TNO.

I also use Kosh at Trekbbs

and I'm sure we all have our own names for Charles.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just needed something ominous to use in "Wing Commander" for a callsign. I'm sure lots of Kilrathi know the ancient Greek alphabet. You'd be surprised who understands it and who doesn't.

------------------
You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend far too much time reading this sort of trash.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A little late... but, and this seems obvious to most people by now given my status line and signature, Calvin & Hobbes. I remember reading the comics as a little kid and loving it. Then when I got AOL I couldn't think of a screen name so I went up to my room and saw some C&H stuff. That was over 2 years ago and I've been using the name ever since.

------------------
Calvin: "I'm killing time while I wait for life to shower me with meaning and happiness"
Hobbes: "I hope you're comfy."
Federation Starship Datalink - Starship site of the new millennium.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm. In Wing Commander I was predictable and either went for "Enterprise" or "Defiant". Although for most recent games I tend to use the name "Scourge".

------------------
"Sorry Wendy, I just can't trust something that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

Mr Garrison

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps