Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » if..... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: if.....
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*smacks Terra*

You're depressing me. Reason: you sound like me, but worse! Ridiculed, became reclusive, now lacking ability to talk to people, only one good friend, no GF (although I have asked a girl out, but she didn't hear me, and when I called today, she wasn't home). Tell your friend something for me: tell him/her to actually FORCE you to do something. My friend did me a real favor by threatening to beat me with artificial poultry if I didn't ask a girl out. It really helped.

But seriously, it's dangerous not to have SOMETHING that you enjoy and look forward to. I honestly do suggest "finding God", if you haven't already. But failing that, you CAN NOT be afraid to try new things. If that's your situation, you may as well just curl up in a corner somewhere, 'cause that's about the effect you're going to have on the world around you. If you don't try, then you've ALREADY failed. What could be worse: Trying every new thing that you come across, and hating them all, or where you are now? Moreover, what are the chances that, in trying everything, you won't find ONE thing you like? Or at least meet a gal in the process?

Your life is what you make of it. If you hate the way your life is, then CHANGE IT. "Due to circumstances beyond your control, you are master of your fate and captain of your soul."

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It had turned into a conversation where everyone had got fixated on such small, minor, and pointlesss details, it sounded like a conversation my nan has wit hher friends. Where they discuss, oh, I dunno, sweet wrappers for about half an hour.

Plus, everyone was saying ATV too many times.

(I can see what's coming).

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

[This message has been edited by PsyLiam (edited August 05, 2000).]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nyah!

------------------
"Fragile. Do not drop"
--posted on a Boeing 757

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a lot of dreams where my current self gets to go back in time and act as a mentor to my younger self. Truthfully, I'd have changed a LOT.

"Okay, kid. Time to start the workout."
"Take the karate class your parents offer to enroll you in."
"Ask her out, you idiot. She likes you."
"Don't SAY what you're THINKING."
"Follow through after you hit him the first time, don't stand there gawking"
"You don't like math enough to be an engineer."
"Don't get involved with her."
"Don't get involved with HER, either."
"DEFINETELY not her."
"There! There! Go! Now!"

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would go back a couple of months, get on a plane to London, buy a gun and stop a couple of guys from throwing my friend out from the third floor.
TerraZ
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope I didn't worry you too much. I tend to be overly dramatic, especially when it's late at night and I'm tired...

While it's true I'm often depressed, it happens most when I reflect back on what I did of my life and what I'm gonna do in the future. Of course, that childhood humiliation still hurts a bit when I think about it, but it's like a rape, you never really forget about it.

The problem comes from the way my whole personnality changed from that day. It's hard to get back on your feet, and I'm still working on it. As for being pessimistic, when I really start to enjoy life (meaning a girlfriend and a good job), that might change. Right now, I'm really starting to take control of my life back, thanks to my friend (who happens to shake me up from time to time when I need it). I'm still worried about the future because of my big lack of self-confidence, but I'm working on it. It just need time.

Don't worry about me. Some people need your help and support a lot more than myself.

Like Jeff Raven for example. When I hear things like that happening to someone I know, I feel bad complaning about my fate.

Jeff, if you're reading this, I offer you my deepest regrets for your loss.

------------------
-If you took that broomstick out of your tail-pipe once in a while, you might have some FUN for a change!
*Rattrap - Beast Wars*

-Let the Fates land where they may!
*Megatron - Beast Machines*

IP: Logged
JareshInyo_A
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Grade Eight, I was provoked by the new kid at the school. He just wanted to show off that he was tough and could stand up to the big guy.

I was having a really shitty day. I tried to talk him down, he kept shoving me. I lost my temper.

He ended up with a concussion and I've lived in shame ever since.

I think I'd change that.

------------------
"You exist here."

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terra: First off, regardless of what anyone says, do not "find god", unless it's in the sense of uncovering the ancient mythology of some lost culture, which would be rather cool. But, in the traditional sense of "find god", which I believe was the intention of the comment, don't. You seem to have enough trouble w/o adding self-delusion to the mix.

And, next time someone grabs your face, forget biting. Kick him in the frickin' nuts... *LOL*

------------------
"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra, and then, suddenly, it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
-Matt Groening

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nimrod: That sounded serious. What happened?

Half the people here seem to regret not hitting someone. And the other half seem to regret actually hitting someone. Can't please you lot, can you?

Jarish: Did you just give him a concussion? Don't worry about it. I'm sure he got over it. And you might have gotten a really cool nickname out of it.

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, my friend got into some bad company, He had some suspicious affairs going on, I think he had a couple of large debts, too. Some people weren't happy with his attitude and so they murdered him.
The police had some good leads, but his mother didn't want to put her family through all that, so she put the lid on it.
It feels terrible not knowing who did it, but I understand his mom, she has many other deaths in her family just this past year, one who died two weeks ago, plus she's a widow.
So anyway, that was what came up naturally when I saw this thread, although not a hilarious post...

------------------
Ready for the action now, Dangerboy
Ready if I'm ready for you, Dangerboy
Ready if I want it now, Dangerboy?
How dare you, dare you, Dangerboy?
How dare you, Dangerboy?
I dare you, dare you, Dangerboy...

�on Flux, "Thanatophobia"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How can that happen? The family didn't want to go through w/ it? It's a murder! That's not exactly the sort of thing where you should have a choice whether or not to press charges. Just because one person doesn't think the killers should be caught doesn't mean the families of the next person they kill will feel the same way!

Why is the world such an incomprehensibly fucked-up place? *sigh*

------------------
"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra, and then, suddenly, it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
-Matt Groening

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps