Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » if..... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: if.....
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what Simon's is, but I won't tell.

I have nothing I need to change, since I'm largely content with my life. Basically if it's in the past and unpleasant, I forget about it and move on. Also, I see a number of these involve a potential mate, so perhaps my lack of regret comes from my lack of romantic relations.

------------------
"Dreams are the excrement of the mind, feces are the excrement of the body, and laughter is teh excrement of the soul."
--Anonymous Indian guru

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'll fess up. A few weeks ago (more like a month now), I took my neighbour's daughter out on their ATV. We headed up a hill, the bike bogged down, I let go of the gas, downshifted... Anyone who drives ATVs knows what happened next.

So, when we got back, I didn't confess. Big mistake. Now I can't drive ATVs for a while...

------------------
"Fragile. Do not drop"
--posted on a Boeing 757

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited August 03, 2000).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh...ok, perhaps I just have a really dirty imagination, but did this thing you didn't confess involve the vehicle or the neighbor's daughter?

------------------
"If Picard was set loose on a Monopoly board, he'd try and establish peaceable diplomatic relations with Marvin Gardens and give St. James Place wide berth so that its culture could develop without interference."
--
L. Fitzgerald Sjoberg
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Because I'm the passenger, and I ride and I ride.

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please tell me that the ATV didn't have HT's on it?

------------------
"More beer, more beer, more beer, more beer! ARSE!"
- Ode to God.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It involved the vehicle. And what are HT's?

------------------
"Fragile. Do not drop"
--posted on a Boeing 757

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know jack shit about manual transmissions, and even less about ATVs. However, I thought you were supposed to upshift when going uphill?

------------------
"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra, and then, suddenly, it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
-Matt Groening

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends on traction conditions. In the winter, it's a lot easier to get up my steep driveway in low gear.

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

On an ATV, when going uphill, if the bike can't make it, you downshift. This gives the engine more power. That's why an ATV can get through just about anything in Bulldog low (1st gear)

------------------
"Fragile. Do not drop"
--posted on a Boeing 757

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so what did it do to the ATV when you did it?

------------------
"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra, and then, suddenly, it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
-Matt Groening

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

This had the effect of rolling the ATV backwards, rolling right over top of us. It finally landed on its wheels at the bottom of the hill, facing to the right of where it was facing heading up the hill.

------------------
"Fragile. Do not drop"
--posted on a Boeing 757

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stop it! It's turned into a conversation in an old person's home.

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

I didn't know many old people flipped their ATVs...

------------------
-Matt Groening

TerraZ
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I haven't posted here in a long while... so I'll answer the question.. and I'm not afraid of details

Sometimes during the Spring of 1990 (4th grade), at school, a big guy of the bully type comes toward me on my way back from school me and starts calling me unpleasant names. In those days, although I never endulged in physical fights, when someone called me names, I always responded with names of my own.

However, the guy somes toward me and starts squeezing my cheeks. What I did wrong that day was that to free myself from his grasps, I had to bite his finger almost to the bone. Like I said, I never fought because I couldn't punch, so whenever I had to hurt someone, it was by biting.

I live in a small city where there was only one school so news travel fast. During summer camp that year (where all the troublesome kids end up), that guy and his friends (about 20 of them) started calling me a Raging Dog, a nickname that stuck to me for at least 3 years. Even though only those guys ever said it, I started avoiding public area at school, taking refuge into the library instead, fearing I might run into them. And I still did, from time to time. The humiliation was horrible. It changed me. I became reclusive, too quiet, anti-social even. I was timid before but it became worst than ever after that. Up until recently I was so shy I was afraid of looking a cashier in the face when purshasing something as ordinary as a book.

Where's my life right now? I'm depressed most of the time and extremely pessimistic. I still don't have a girlfirend, I'm even still a virgin and my timidity is still big enough to prevent me from even asking a girl out. Plus I only really have one real friend, the only person on this sorry world to really understand what I feel. The only one I do stuff with. I'm also traumatized with the future and unable to take chances for about anything. "Wanna go to that upcoming concert?" "No, I might not like it..." And I'm convinced I'll never do anything remotely useful in my life.

In short, I hate life except for those trivial immediate pleasures like eating, watching TV, reading forums on the net and debating with my (only) friend about anything.

Feels good to relieve myself of this...

Feel free to comment but please, no "You'll see! Life will get better! You just have to be positive". It doesn't work coming from my friend, so it ain't gonna work coming from you even if it's with the best of intentions. Sorry if I sound angry, but it still hurts...

------------------
-If you took that broomstick out of your tail-pipe once in a while, you might have some FUN for a change!
*Rattrap - Beast Wars*

-Let the Fates land where they may!
*Megatron - Beast Machines*

IP: Logged
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terra, you can't control what happens to you, but you can control your response to it. Don't let a few moronic bastards control your life. They're not worth it. I want to help you. I know you don't believe I can change anything, but at least give me a shot. Email me at [email protected] or post yours here so I can email you.

------------------
"Dreams are the excrement of the mind, feces are the excrement of the body, and laughter is teh excrement of the soul."
--Anonymous Indian guru

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Liam: What in the hell are you talking about? I flipped the ATV. We weren't hurt. Old folks talk about how nice slacks fit and that surgery coming up and how they don't like the doctors. Also, they talk about how the tapioca pudding was like that day and how it interacted with their medication. And they talk about their last bowel movement.

------------------
"Fragile. Do not drop"
--posted on a Boeing 757

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps