Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Driver's Ed... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Driver's Ed...
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to have my permit for 4 months before I can get my licence.

------------------
"Incest! A game the whole family can play!"
-Jonah Rapp

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drivers Ed? Schools run that? *scary*.

------------------
"More beer, more beer, more beer, more beer! ARSE!"
- Ode to God.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I was actually on my third permit at the time. I kept getting them, but I never bothered to actually learn to drive 'til a couple months before I started college, and I decided I ought to... :-)

------------------
"It's like the Star of David or something. But without the whole Judaism thing."
-Frank Gerratana, 17-Aug-2000

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daryus: Schools don't teach driver's ed. It's a company called Triple C that holds courses.

------------------
"Incest! A game the whole family can play!"
-Jonah Rapp

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine's through school...I think. I haven't taken it, but I'm sure it is.

So, I'm not the only person in the history of the world who hasn't gotten a liscense by 17? Well, that's a pseudo-relief, now I don't feel so loser-ish.

[This message has been edited by Ultra Magnus (edited August 31, 2000).]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pah. We get a scary old person who sits next to us, tells us we're doing everything wrong, then takes �12 after an hour.

It's like a really bad form of prostitution. Without the sex. But still with a lot of red faces and heavy breathing. And a little embarrassment too.

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jay: Yeah, UCLA's cheap. Cheap gets you the overcrowding of a beehive and a student-teacher ratio of 750:1. Besides, I got financial aid.

------------------
"Poetic souls delight in prose insane."
--Lord Byron

SCSImperium
Member # 397

- posted      Profile for SCSImperium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It's like a really bad form of prostitution. Without the sex. But still with a lot of red faces and heavy breathing. And a little embarrassment too.

LOL.
Today we saw a film that made the whole class cry. 'Cept me, iron nerve me. It was about the sickest thing I've ever seen too.

At the beginning of the film, a man comes on in an office saying "we're going to scare you into becoming a better driver. Not only will you see death, and those dying on the pavement after an auto accident, you will hear it. The moaning and groaning of pain."

To say the very least, it wasn't ketchup everywhere either.

------------------
-Small Computer Systems Interface "Scuzzy" Emperor

Operator of the Goulag Hotel, maintainer of the workhouses.

Operator of Cargill Conglomerate Publications, http://www.cargillconglomerate.com

"Woman is deprived of rights from lack of education, and the lack of education results from the absence of rights. We must not forget that the subjection of women is so complete, and dates from such distant ages, that we are often unwilling to recognize the gulf that separates them from us."

Tolstoy, on a more objective note.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That really shows the sad state of society today. Instead of helping a victim of an automobile accident, passerby quickly remove their camcorders and sell the footage to the highest bidder. I mean, shouldn't somebody have helped these guys writhing in their their death throes trapped inside a Dodge Caravan?

------------------
"What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad."
- Dave Barry

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

They still fuck you over though and make you pay for it.

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL

------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ziyal:

as the saying goes "Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be Trojans."

------------------
Oh, fiddle faddle, everyone knows that our mutants have flippers. Oops, I've said too much.....
~C. Montgomery Burns

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, is that a real saying, or is it actually from Jerry Springer?

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's taken from an old country song that goes 'Mamas, don't let your children to cowboys.'

------------------
Oh, fiddle faddle, everyone knows that our mutants have flippers. Oops, I've said too much.....
~C. Montgomery Burns

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
4 months? its 6 months in PA, of course, I missed the daeadline, yay.

------------------
"Life sucks, then you die"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps