Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Driver's Ed... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Driver's Ed...
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got my license a few years ago. My parents used to rib me on how I drive. SHEEEESH.

Kids today CAN NOT DRIVE. A rule to the guy today on 695: a solid object (your new Honda) cannot pass through another solid object (my Jeep). Another rule to this guy: Above rule is especially bad (for you) and good (for me) when you attempt it in front of two State Troopers. I hope you got a big ticket.

I had my learners for about 6 months before I got my license (I got my learners in Oct. 95, and the license in March '96.)

I have been in one (minor) accident -- it was my fault, I admit, although the snow and ice contributed to it. Luckily, no damage was done to the other aside for some minor needed repairs to a bumper, I also have recieved no tickets for traffic violations.

Driving is fun. Learn to drive stick, though. Its a requirement

------------------
This guy drinks poison, lights himself on fire, ties a noose around his neck, jumps off a cliff and shoots a gun at himself. Bullet misses him, hits rope, he falls into water, extinguishing the fire and vomiting the poison. He's saved by a fisherman and rushed to a hospital ... where he dies of pneumonia ...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does one "drive stick", cause it sounds suspiciously like an argument I heard a couple of guys in Soho about who'd get to control the car. At least, I assume it was the car...

I have the amazing ability to only crash into stationary objects. Not bad, eh?

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Driving Stick = Driving a Car with a Manual Transmission

------------------
Me: "Why don't you live in Hong Kong?"
Rachel Roberts: "Hong Kong? Nah. Oh, but we can live in China! Yeah, China has great Chinese food!"

(discussion with fellow classmate, 9/5/00)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Driving manual is, in my opinion, a lot more fun. I learned to drive originally on an automatic, but I have a lot more fun driving a manual transmission ... and you know, to those people who complain its hard? Naw, man, its as hard as learning how to ride a bike. Once you get the hang of it it is as easy as pie ...

------------------
You wouldn't understand ... it's a Jeep thing

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course I'm learning to drive stick - my truck is a standard!

Anyways, I finished driver's ed with an overall mark of 91%.

------------------
"Incest! A game the whole family can play!"
-Jonah Rapp

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

When I was learning, I would actually count how many days I would go without stalling her out ... I think I've stalled once in the past nine months or so (I've had my Jeep a little over fourteen months now)

------------------
You wouldn't understand ... it's a Jeep thing

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*ticked at parents wanting to buy him the cheapest Saturn possible*

------------------
Me: "Why don't you live in Hong Kong?"
Rachel Roberts: "Hong Kong? Nah. Oh, but we can live in China! Yeah, China has great Chinese food!"

(discussion with fellow classmate, 9/5/00)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend let me try driving his stick-shift once. I didn't stall it at all. 'Course, I never went above second gear or about 15mph, but hey... :-)

------------------
"It's like the Star of David or something. But without the whole Judaism thing."
-Frank Gerratana, 17-Aug-2000

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*ticked at parents wanting to buy him no car at all*

------------------
"What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad."
- Dave Barry

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*also ticked at parents, til he realizes he's 20, w/o a license and parents owe him $1200, gets ticked for that*

I could've made a downpayment with that money, argh... tip, never loan family money. It ain't loaning, it's giving it away.

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*ticked at people who assume it their parents job to supply them with a car, and an expensive car too*

Sheesh, do you lot have no idea what "independence" is? You want a car? Get a job and buy one. In fact, buy one over here, where they cost roughly 9 million times as much as they do in the US.

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you meant me, that was sarcasm.
I think the old tradition of getting a car at 16 is what he meant.

I'd be happy with a cheap one if it worked, expensive ones are hard to maintain anyhow.

------------------

[This message has been edited by TLE (edited September 08, 2000).]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just very lucky that we have an extra vehicle that isn't used

------------------
"Incest! A game the whole family can play!"
-Jonah Rapp

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Nah, it wasn't aimed at you TLE. And it was half-joking anyway.

Still, most people I know have had to buy their own (crappy) cars. With their own money. That they've worked for. Then they outfit them with ridiculous sound systems. Tsk, the youth of today, eh?

------------------

Teelie
Member # 280

This is what I get for posting at 4-5 am...

------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps