Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Holy 20 Questions (batman)!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Holy 20 Questions (batman)!!
Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Does Charles like pastry, or does he like sheep?
2. Raise your hand if you think Sol should be interrogated next.
3. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
4. The Cult of Dr. Pepper or the Cult of Curry?
5. Where do babies come from?
6. Which tastes better, Pepsi or Coke?
7. Who can tell the difference, anyways?!
8. LEMON curry?!
9. Who originally wrote the song "Istanbul(not Constantinople)" ?
10. How many of us are crazy? (would you know if you were?)
11. Who was greek mythology's Creon married to?
12. Do I look fat in this?
13. Who is actually going to judge the Cappscoms?
14. Will Baloo ever cease to provide us with entertaining posts sent to him by some relative or other?
15. Is Sol wierder than Baloo, or is Baloo wierder, or are we all weird and they're the sane ones?
16. How many times will I tell myself to do my laundry before I actually DO it?!
17. Has the Pompatus of Love lost his touch?
18. Is Tachy a pompous ass, or is it just PMS?
19. Alas, poor Yorick ...........
20. Is Monty really Foxy?

This time i'm judging the responses ... if this catches, I may ask Liam to put them in the Forum Contests area.

------------------
When I saw you I fell in love,
and you smiled because you knew
- Unkown

...if you should die before me,
ask if you could bring a friend...
- Unkown

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. That lyric is copyrighted.
2. *raises hand*
3. 328.
4. Curry. One of these days I'll actually post all the cults we have here.
5. Quick, look down.
6. Ick.
7. Pepsi is less bland, actually.
8. Yup.
9. No one knows. It's a mystery of the universe.
10. I am!
11. Erm, Crayola?
12. No, but your bum does. Big, at least.
13. Tom, probably. Or they can be ongoing...
14. I hope not!
15. Baloo is weird. Sol is surreal.
16. 42.
17. He did lose his touch. I saw it wandering around New York on Thursday.
18. Hey, don't insult Tachy. His animations are good.
19. Lee, you started a tradition.
20. Yup. And Lee is Coyote.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"[Steve Jobs] shouts at his employees a lot, using language you can't use on TV, not even on UPN." - Andy Ihnatko

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Methinks he likes them both...the DOUBLETIMER!! *L*
2. *raises hand* ...or wait, does that mean i'm volunteering?? *L*
3. It always takes Mister Owl three...plus the crunch.
4. Cult of Curry...my mom's is best ;-)
5. Well, um....er...*clears throat, looking at the ceiling*
6. PEPSI!!...even if the original Coke DID have cocaine in it... *L*
7. I CAN!!! DO NOT give me COKE! :P BLEH!
8. Erm...sure, why not. It's not very like the usual Indian recipe, but hey, worth a try.
9. John Philip Sousa
10. CrAzY? I tHiNk I cAn SaY wItH nEaR cErTaInTy ThAt I aM nOt CrAzY. aLtHoUgH, wHaTeVeR iS wRoNg WiTh Me HaS yEt To Be DiScLoSeD bY tHe EsTaBlIsHmEnT.
11. Erm, Antigone? ...oh wait...that was his daughter. Someone pointed out that it doesn't make a difference though...hehe. ESPECIALLY in Greek mythology...
12. Of course not...it's just that silly fun house mirror...
13. I volunteer Capps, since his name IS part of the title *L*
14. If there truly is a God, perhaps someday, yes. *L* (only kidding, Baloo ;-)
15. Um, being new here I think maybe I should do more field observations before settling on a judgement of that nature.
16. Probably as many times as I've done the same thing ;-)
17. I WOULDN'T know...*L*
18. both perhaps?
19. Yes...the poor jester did get dug up several years after he got buried...there's some folks who do that work for a living you know...*L* archaeologists... :P *is just an anthro major, not concentrating in arch*
20. Not sure...Jeff is though ;-) hehe.

------------------
Clones are People Two

"The Force is like duct tape: it has a dark side and a light side, and it holds the universe together"

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Sheep. Look how, in the pic, his attention is drawn away from the succulent blueberry treat. . .
2. *raises both hands*
3. Is this some sort of reference to cunnilingus? And is that the first use of the word on the Forums?
4. Curry. But I have bought a can of that drink to try, eventually.
5. It's hard to describe. Next time I see you, I'll show you. }B)
6. Coke. But Pepsi Max is OK.
7. I can.
8. "Who said that?" (the actual line that came next)
9. *Vorlon speak* Yes. . .
10. Everyone except me.
11. Eurydice. F***! That means I got that question wrong in O-Level Greek Civilisation, but WTF, I still got an A.
12. No. It looks very nice on you.
13. He who posts it, judges it. First Law of CapComs.
14. I fear not.
15. Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle states that their exact level of weirdness can never be accurately established, making comparison impossible.
16. *Clyde Bruckner speak* You don't.
17. Afraid so.
18. Given my position as an official of these Forums, it would be inappropriate for me to comment. But you know the answer.
19. "Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio. A fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy. He hath borne me on his back a thousand tunes. And now how abhorred in my imagination it is! My gorge rises at it. Here hung those lips that I have kiss'd I know not how oft. Where be your gibes now? your gambols? your songs? your flashes of merriment that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one now, to mock your own grinning? Quite chap- fall'n? Now get you to my lady's chamber, and tell her, let her paint an inch thick, to this favour she must come. Make her laugh at that."
20. So Liam would claim.

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Does CC dream of blueberry-flavored sheep?
2. *Raises hand*
3. The world may never know.
4. Curry. Definitely curry. My latest attempt to procure the spicy goodness when my sister was unable to find any at the local supermarket.
5. The Creation Matrix.
6. Pepsi.
7. I can, on a good day.
8. I believe I have had that, and it is good.
9. No clue.
10. Who? Moi, crazy? Except for that leprechaun that sits on my shoulder and tells me to burn things, I don't think I am...
11. Hmm... That's strange. The family tree in Edith Hamilton's Mythology doesn't seem to say who he was married to. It just shows he had two kids: Menoeceus II and Haemon.
12. How would I know?
13. I was under the impression that The_Tom was.
14. No. Although we now know his knack for finding very fascinating tidbits of information is hereditary.
15. Okay, here's how we tell... We have the Interrogation of Sol and the Interrogation of Baloo. That will be the true gauge of who's weirder.
16. 47.
17. I don't know. Since Siegfried has never actually graced us with his definition of a Pompatus of Love, I wouldn't know if he had the sense of touch to begin with or not.
18. Beats me.
19. Wait a minute... You're not Yorick! Eeewww... I touched an unknown person's skull!
20. *Gets a lazy dog and sees if Monty jumps over it*

------------------
Garak: Interesting. You saved the day by destroying the world.
Bashir: I bet they didn't teach you that in the Obsidian Order.

-Deep Space Nine, "Our Man Bashir."

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Yes
2. raises hand
3. 42
4. Curry! Dr. Pepper is evil.
5. The Storke, of coarse
6. Coke bubbles in the nose.
7. Pepsi is flat.
8. No, but thank you.
9. ?
10. most, includdleing the kiddlies.
11. ?
12. Gone all last week, missed the picture.(hydroelectric device)
13. yes
14. no
15. yes
16. 42
17. Never
18. Vorlon speak "YES"
19. See The First One's answer
20. Vorlon Speak "Yes"

------------------
SHATTERED MIRROR

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) Pastry.
2) *raises hand*
3) A lot.
4) Both, of course.
5) Matter.
6) Depends, Coke Classic or Diet Coke?
7) Most sane people.
8) Yes, a rare delecacy...
9) I knew this once...
10) Most of us.
11) *shrug*
12) No. You look blue.
13) Tom... I think.
14) I hope not.
15) Baloo. Definately.
16) Too many.
17) Oh ya.
18) I SHALL REFRAIN FROM COMMENT.
19) *blink*
20) Have we seen a picture?

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Kay, Jubes. You asked for this now.

1. Wool.
2. No. Jubes should be.
3. I actually did this once. I'll start a new thread about it momentarily. No, I'm evidently serious. Check the thread listings.
4. The Cult of CRANBERRY JUICE. ALthough I had some Caribbean curried beef soup last week and loved it. I also liked the chiecken curry they had in Jamaica...
5. Come hither, Jubes...
6. Coca-Cola Classic, Mexican variety, all Spanish labeling, packaged in the last thirty days at a eastern-tip plant. Need I get more specific?
7. I can. Usually.
8. I'm tempted to try some after dispensing with my bad first curry experience.
9. It was-- *gets muffled out*
10. Je pense que je suis fou. Je dirai que Frank est folle mais si je le faiserai, je serai mort.
11. *spin bottle* That guy!
12. *squints* What greater vision could do to help me!
13. The_Tom...
14. I'd guess he won't cease.
15. Dunno.
16. Do what?
17. Touch?
18. Shall we stop bickering perhaps?
19. "Alas, poor Yorick... Gone to the laundry drier and never returned..."
20. Dunno.

Krenim: They don't judge weirdness. They judge potential for sexual innuendo.

------------------
Quark: "Lesson number one: No one involved in extra-legal activity considers himself nefarious." (DS9: "The Sound of Her Voice")

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw nuts...sexual innuendo? *L* I'll NEVER get anywhere on these forums! *LOL*

------------------
Clones are People Two

"The Force is like duct tape: it has a dark side and a light side, and it holds the universe together"

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*causes Elim to die*

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"[Steve Jobs] shouts at his employees a lot, using language you can't use on TV, not even on UPN." - Andy Ihnatko

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.) Is that a trick question?
2.) Oy...
3.) 1000-some, by my count once long ago...
4.) Curry, by far...
5.) The hospital...
6.) No comment...
7.) Not you, I guess?
8.) Quite...
9.) I'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you.
10.) I believe the easier question is who among us is not...
11.) That question would require me to think...
12.) Er... Um... Ah... *runs away*
13.) That's assuming they're ever going to end...
14.) Well, we could always kill off his relatives...
15.) Um... Forty-two?
16.) See the previous answer...
17.) Who's touching what, you say?!
18.) *thinks he sees incoming missiles from the general direction of western Europe*
19.) ...are you writing this down, Horatio? This could be famous some day...
20.) Rumor has it...

------------------
"I see you've found your Nausicaan friend. You seem unimpaled so far..."
-Q to Picard, "Tapestry"

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I'm gonna answer these without seeing anyone elses first...

1. *ravenspeak* Nevermore.
2. *raises hand*
3. I do believe that we have found the ultimate question to everything in the Universe! Cuz the answer's 42!
4. All Hail the Curry Creme Egg!
5. The stork, Duh!
6. Dr. Pepper
7. I can.
8. Yes, Lemon Curry.
9. I did. All TMBG was originally written by me...they stole my work, and I'm forever embittered because of it.
10. Aren't we all a little CrAzY?!
11. Uhh...I used to know that.
12. Nah... but if you were in THIS...*holds out really skimpy bathing suit*
13. Not I, said me to myself.
14. It will continue until Baloo relizes his relatives are notorious spammers!
15. Yes, no, definitely.
16. Good question. A good solution would be to attach an alarm to your forehead and when you relax too long, it'll go off, thereby remembering you need to do something
17. Lost his touch? Maybe. Lost his mind? Most definitely.
18. He's French, that explains it all.
19. I knew him well, Horatio.
20. Well, he's foxier than most, so I suppose the answer would be ... possibly.

------------------
Distance is to a relationship as wind is to a flame. If the flame is small, it will snuff the flame out. If the flame is big, the wind will fan the flame, making is grow hotter. - Unknown

Romance is when you can't see any faults in your partner. Love is when you see all of them, but continue to love that person anyway. - Baloo

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Does Charles like pastry, or does he like sheep?

Actually, he likes both, but in what capacity, I am not at liberty to say.

2. Raise your hand if you think Sol should be interrogated next.

You tell me. Is my hand raised or not?

3. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

The number varies, but the average result (without biting) is between 512 and 1024, depending upon variable factors such as tongue size, force of lick, tongue humidity, etc.

4. The Cult of Dr. Pepper or the Cult of Curry?

Neither. The Cult of Chocolate!

5. Where do babies come from?

Jubilee, I am shocked and surprised that someone as worldly as yourself would have to ask that question.

The answer, of course, is one of 27 baby factories scattered across the globe. Only the finest ingredients are used to produce children at these facilities. Immediately after manufacture, the new babies are shipped by temporal express to their new parent(s).

Of course, there are some sceptics who insist that child production is a biological process.

Luddites!

6. Which tastes better, Pepsi or Coke?

It depends largely upon what one has mixed with them. Both are too sweet for my tastes unless watered down with a passably good (though not excellent) brandy or excellent bourbon.

7. Who can tell the difference, anyways?!

Anyone who doesn't suffer from color blindness. Coke comes in a red can, while pepsi has a red and blue theme to their cans.

If you're feeling literate, you may try reading the label. Coke is plainly labeled as such, while Pepsi is labeled Pepsi (astonishing revelation, this). There is very little ground for misinterpretation, unless you suffer a severe cognitive impairment.

8. LEMON curry?!

Not on MY watch!

9. Who originally wrote the song "Istanbul(not Constantinople)"?

As the lyrics are copyrighted by They Might Be Giants, it seems reasonable to assume they wrote the song. However, I recall hearing a an older (swing) version in a movie that (may have been) made in the 1940s. The search continues for definitive proof.

10. How many of us are crazy? (would you know if you were?)

I've known about me for years. How long have you suspected your own sanity?

11. Who was greek mythology's Creon married to?

Look as I may, I can't find a thing. I do know his sister was Jocasta, and you don't want to know about his nephew.

12. Do I look fat in this?

Why no! You look as slender as can be in that. (Hint to other males: There is no correct answer to the above question. Women ask us that when they want to be angry with us, but need a reason. As I am unmarried to Jubilee, It matters not to me how she looks or whether she's mad at me. If she's mad, she should never have asked the question. Besides, she'll get over it, as will I.)

13. Who is actually going to judge the Cappscoms?

If that is a sly attempt to enlist a volunteer, count me out, thankyouverymuch!

14. Will Baloo ever cease to provide us with entertaining posts sent to him by some relative or other?

My supply of entertaining relatives is only slightly more difficult to calculate than the last digit of pi. The answer is no.

15. Is Sol wierder than Baloo, or is Baloo wierder, or are we all weird and they're the sane ones?

I'm more experienced at being wierd than Sol, therefore I claim to be the wierdest. If Sol wants to claim the title of "Most Bizarre Person in these Forums", I will not block his path to greatness.

16. How many times will I tell myself to do my laundry before I actually DO it?!

As I am not a psychic, I would guess the number of times you tell yourself to do the laundry has less to do with it than whether you still have anything clean to wear.

17. Has the Pompatus of Love lost his touch?

I dunno. Has he touched anyone lately?

18. Is Tachy a pompous ass, or is it just PMS?

Neither. He's French, and has far more taste and discernment regarding all things than the rest of us mortals.

Of course, in France, Jerry Lewis is considered a comedic genius, so make of the above statement what you will.

19. Alas, poor Yorick ...........

Oh, give it up, already! The guy's been dead for centuries. Bury the skull and get over it! Sheesh!

20. Is Monty really Foxy?

I have observed Monty displaying some distinctly vulpine characteristics upon occasion. Eating field mice isn't one of them. Draw your own conclusion.

--Baloo

------------------
If God Himself walks up to you and tells you to found a new religeon, ask for some I.D.
You're probably talking to an imposter.
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
9.) Istanbul (Not Constantinople) was written by J. Kennedy and N. Simon. It has since been performed by several groups, including The Four Lads, who had a bit of success with it in the 50's, I believe.

------------------
"You hear about 'constitutional rights,' 'free speech,' and the 'free press.' Every time I hear these words I say to myself, 'That man is a Red!!...' You never hear a real American talk like that!"
--
Mayor Frank Hague, Jersey City

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*looks himself in the mirror and wonders why he's dead. Again.*

I just pointed out that Interrogations are comprised of mostly sexual innuendo...

------------------
Quark: "Lesson number one: No one involved in extra-legal activity considers himself nefarious." (DS9: "The Sound of Her Voice")

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps