Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Mobile Phones (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Mobile Phones
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whaaaat?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier ... just as long as I'm the dictator." - George "Dubya" Bush, Dec 18, 2000

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah, the excruciating death list. . . Maybe, given we all agree that mobile tunes are a Bad Thing, I should throw open the floor for nominations?

------------------
Luke Ford: "What's it like having a dick in your ass?"

Zoe: "Imagine taking your bottom lip and pulling it over the top of your head. You get used to it but it does hurt."

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Beethoven's ninth", or whichever number it is, that they played in "Clockwork Orange". Severly overrepresented on cellphones, I think it's one of the standard optional tones on some brand of phone.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean the 5th?
Dumdumdummmmm or something...

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Electrocution.

Trying to mediate an Omega-Jeff bollock-fest.

Being slowly lowered into

• a vat of boiling [list]
  • acid
  • pork fat
  • melted whole-grain buscuits
  • toothpaste
  • water

• lava
  • a shark/pirahna/barracuda-filled tank
  • rabid S&M Teletubby impersonators
  • rotating chopping blades
  • fire
  • cosmology lectures
    [/list]

Having to chop your own limbs off.

Telling Vogon you like Abba.

I'll think of a few more once the pain subsides.

------------------
    Go Mad.
    Go Evil.
    Just GO.

• Lee
    I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
    Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    I'm a little ambivalent about becoming so closely associated with Anna-Frida, Bjorn, Benny and Agnetha (as far as I'm concerned, they just did some cleverly written happy little pop tunes, OK? I don't consider myself a fan, I just think they've got an undeservedly bad rep out of sense of not being cool). . .

And besides, I think it's UM who'll kill you horribly if you admit to liking them.

As for horrible deaths, there were Orson Scott Card and Piers Anthony short stories which featured all manner of inventive, painful and prolonged methods. Must look those up.

------------------
    Luke Ford: "What's it like having a dick in your ass?"

Zoe: "Imagine taking your bottom lip and pulling it over the top of your head. You get used to it but it does hurt."

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
    astronauts gotta get paid
    Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    I as well, suggest some ABBA, the greatest Sweedish import since Meatballs and the JAS-39.

Bringing you such quality Dancing/Disco/Contrived hit songs such as:

"When I Kissed The Teacher"

I'm sure your ESL teacher gave you great marks after this, didn't she Bjorn.

"Money, Money, Money"

The origin of Gangsta Rap revealed. From Sweden.
    "Ya, ya, I smackedup da ho!!! Ordy-Bordy-Bjorn Bjorn is da pimpmaster with da money, money, money!"

"Waterloo"

The final and decisive action of the Napoleonic Wars, baby!
    It effectively ended French domination of the European continent, lover!
    and brought about drastic changes in the political boundaries and the power balance of Europe. I feel Like Dancing!
    Fought on June 18, 1815, near Waterloo, in what is now Belgium, Sweetheart!
    the battle ranks as a great turning point in modern history, And so does my lover for you!

"Why Did It Have To Be Me"

A question I am asking as well.

------------------
    "...[They've] been so completely dumbed down by the media, by tabloid scumbags, by the Christian "right", by politicians in general, the school, parents who are dumber than their parents were, who are dumber than their parents were, and all of whom think that they can bring up a child just because they got down in bed and had a little sex...well, frankly, here is an audience that knows more and more about less and less as the years go by...We are talking about a constituency...that knows nothing. This is pandemic; terrifyingly, paralyzingly pandemic. They know absolutely nothing."
    - Harlan Ellison, on the Media Consumer of today.

Sol System
    two dollar pistol
    Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    I would think that reading Piers Anthony stories would be punishment enough.

------------------
    20th century, go to sleep.
    --
    R.E.M.
    Read chapters one and two of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Show no patience, tolerance, or restraint.

Diane
    aka Tora Ziyal
    Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    I have an unnatural fear of phones. More so of answering machines. I don't own a cell phone but 2 out of the 3 roommates I have do. It seems like somebody's talking on the phone wherever I go, and it's doubly freaky when somebody's got one of those headphone things so they look like they're talking to themselves. I have no need for a cell phone, really. I don't call my friends often, so I hardly use my normal phone as it is.

------------------
    "Life end when you die. But imagination share with others, live forever."
    --Quan, Final Fantasy IX

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
    HTML is enabled.
    UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
     - Printer-friendly view of this topic
    Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps