Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Is the destroyer of forums back again....? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Is the destroyer of forums back again....?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yow, fuck! I just gave myself a new Windows 2000 PC, and this thread still looks bad. Worse, in fact.

------------------
Ross: This is not good for my rage. *takes another pill*

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I posted this thread, the green was in other threads aswell, along with some pink. It seems to have confined itself to this thread now, except without the pink - be thankful for small mercies eh...

My uni is still on NT, so it probably doesn't look as bad as some of the more upto date systems. They did upgrade our network last year, from Windows 3.1 to NT, but since 2000 was already out, I was left wondering why they didn't just install that.

------------------
The Worlds Ten Greatest 'Fucks' #4

Of course I'll fucking beat Tyson 'arry! - Frank Bruno

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*can't believe that hardly anyone has figured out what the problem is*

BTW, I'm one-eighth Irish, and I don't drink at all. And don't say the rest of my background blocks out the Irish part, 'cause most of that is German. :-)

------------------
"...I know this board in secret, intimate ways which are beyond your comprehension.... Let's just say that people should *not* be telling me what to do; it should always be the other way around."
-"Red Quacker", conspiracy theorist and contemporary lunatic

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the green is bothering people that much,why not just alter the colour settings in your browser preferences? You'd never know the difference.

------------------
never rub another man's rhubarb!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Irish bars abroad are so fucking fake*

Well what do you excpect if they're not IN Ireland???

For the record, our two "Auld Dubliner" pubs in Stockholm and Gothenburg keep a very high standard, with a good selection of draught beers (Guinness, Kilkenny, Smithwick's and Caffrey's) and also good food. There are other places, though. Irish and british pubs are appreciated in Sweden, Denmark and Norway.

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Boston. And Baltimore: we've got Shay O'Malley's

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.27 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with four eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
And homeschooling also turns you into a socially well-adjusted person, capable of talking to people without them wanting to ram a f***ing chair down your throat! - PsyLiam, 3/11/01

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I meant "very". Very appreciated, for being countries with rather limited british/irish groups...

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited March 12, 2001).]

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep I'm Irish, not full Irish but still Irish.

------------------
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the weaponry to make the difference.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I the only person who goes by the crazy idea that your nationality is defined more by where you were born and where you grew up than by your ancestors.

I'm sorry, but the fact that my grandparents came from Dublin makes me as Irish as, well, an Englishman.

Still, Liverpool will be overflowing with beer this weekend. I just wish I actually liked Guiness.

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

Orion Syndicate
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get pissed on something else at the start. When that happens, you can start knocking back the gaggingly horrid Guinness because by then, the taste won't matter. It is however annoying that Guinness is �1.00-�1.20 a pint whilst everything else stays at the usual �2.30-�2.60. Never mind, if there's a woman at the end of the night, it'll make it all worthwhile.

------------------
The Worlds Ten Greatest 'Fucks' #5

I thought I could smell some fucking petrol! - Nikki Lauda

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm 1/2 Swedish, 1/4 German, 1/8 Irish, and 1/8 "other"

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
And homeschooling also turns you into a socially well-adjusted person, capable of talking to people without them wanting to ram a f***ing chair down your throat! - PsyLiam, 3/11/01

Orion Syndicate
Member # 25

"other"? Was there a one night stand in there somewhere?

------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I don't know. You go ask my grandmother.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Orion Syndicate
Member # 25

Does she have an e-mail address?

------------------

Nim
Member # 205

Any piccies? "Mature Thumbz"?
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps