Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Happy St Patrick's Day!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Happy St Patrick's Day!!
Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wishing everyone the best on this, the coolest holy-day ever! I don't like Xmas..

OK, I know I'm supposed to be half-tanked by now, but I'm not long out of bed, and I've a project presentation to have in for Friday, and finals in a month-and-a-half, so I'm gonna go easy on the lush today/tonight.

You know what this means, don't you?

You're all going to have to get steamed in my stead!!

From First of Two and his vacation, to CC moving to Seattle.

From JeffKardde and Omega tearing strips out of each other in the Flameboard, to Nimrod tending his turnips on some chilly Swedish hillside.

From Ultra Magnus thinking up funny things to say about others in his little room, to the lately-departed Darkstar.

From Gurgeh belting away aethiestically on his project while I piss my time away, to Ziyal and her wild Wiccan ways.

From Sol System calculating how best to sit down without injuring himself, to Timo lying in stasis figuring everything out.

From Yakaspat and Treknophyle and all those trying to organise a starship from scratch over on Starships, to those Forumites in Britain that have to tolerate my kin today (and their hangovers tomorrow ) [Starbuck, Psyliam, Vogon Poet, Orion Syndicate, and The Antagonist, to name a few].

To all that I can't think of something to say to/about.

Happy St Patrick's Day!!

------------------
At that point, McDonald fired his gun three times in the air to emphasize his point. The crowd, estimated at 350,000, loudly cheered the new candidate.

"Let me make this clear: I am the law! I am your ruler! And you will have fries with that, motherf*cker!"

[This message has been edited by Gaseous Anomaly (edited March 17, 2001).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have only one thing to say.

ME GOT BEER!

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.64 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with six eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
And homeschooling also turns you into a socially well-adjusted person, capable of talking to people without them wanting to ram a f***ing chair down your throat! - PsyLiam, 3/11/01

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Antag and Starbuck are British?

And: bollocks to St. Patrick's Day, stupid fake-Irish claptrap. . . B(

------------------
"I never saw the TAS, there actually was sex on the bridge?"

- Matrix, 14/03/2001

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Antag lives in Seattle...

------------------
"...I know this board in secret, intimate ways which are beyond your comprehension.... Let's just say that people should *not* be telling me what to do; it should always be the other way around."
-"Red Quacker", conspiracy theorist and contemporary lunatic

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to Seattle. Old Navy lives there..... *dreamy look* Old Navy Apparel.... nice................... *happy sigh of contentment*

~LOA

------------------
"Apprently, "pooty" involves deities and pretty girls in compromising positions..." ~TSN Jan. 18th, 2001

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ERIN GO BLEAAARRRGGGHHHH.....!

------------------
In this crazy world of lemons, baby...you're lemonade!

[This message has been edited by Quatre Winner (edited March 17, 2001).]

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmm.. booze...

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's 2:19 here, and I had one guiness, two lagers and a big fucked-up Irish Coffee during P-DAY! That should do it.
And now the clock switched from P-DAY to pee-day...

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't had anything to drink. Nope. Not me.

I think i'm loosing my Irishness...

------------------

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vogon? My cousin is married to a guy from Ireland. He said he was going to have a huge breakfast then go pub-hopping. You sure it's fake?

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." J. Richmond

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*gives the Irish blood coursing through his brain a shake and tries to remember how much of St. Paddy's is real.*

As far as Ireland is concerned, St Paddy's has always had a bit of a party mentality there as it has always been the only day in Lent in which the church there allows everyone to cheat, and hence they make up for the previous two or three weeks and drink in place of the the remaining weeks. But it's still officially a religious holiday (mass in the am), although given present church attendance figures in RoI these days, who knows how popular this aspect is...

Once the Irish came to America and there was all sorts of nasty Anti-Catholic discrimantion and stuff, it became something of an "Irish Pride Day" with parades etc. to show Americans that the Irish weren't so drunk they couldn't walk down the street. The fact that afterwards they'd crowd into the pubs and get tanked to high heaven must've skipped the organizers minds.

In any case, drinking to excess in the name of all things Irish is kosher. (now there's a mixed metaphor). But Green Beer and Parades and Leprechauns and "Kiss me I'm Irish at heart" and all that shit are American inventions I'm afraid (and very nice American inventions if you work in St. James' Gate, I might add.)

------------------
"Ring a bell, and I'll salivate...
well how'd you like that?
Dr. Landy, please tell me
I'm not just a pedagogue..."
-Brian Wilson, The Barenaked Ladies

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ladzzz...last night...I was "this" sloshedzz....hehehe

Actually, most of my friends were gone for the weekend and those left were broke, so I just settled for a few cans and other stuff, and had a quiet relaxing evening.

Unlike those I was listening to outside all night, roaring and yelling and being merry. The only ones up at this hour are young children and old couples.

So, for all those interested, now would be the best time to invade.

P.S. Sorry, I thought Antagonist was English. My bad.

------------------
At that point, McDonald fired his gun three times in the air to emphasize his point. The crowd, estimated at 350,000, loudly cheered the new candidate.

"Let me make this clear: I am the law! I am your ruler! And you will have fries with that, motherf*cker!"

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

I'll go get the rest of the GW-boys and the mobile suits.

WE INVADE NOW! HA!

Wait...we're the good guys. OK, invasion canceled!

------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAHAAH! The day is mine! Prepare to eat bloodporridge and fisheggs for the rest of your miserable lives!!!

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
be quiet...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.64 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with six eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
And homeschooling also turns you into a socially well-adjusted person, capable of talking to people without them wanting to ram a f***ing chair down your throat! - PsyLiam, 3/11/01

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps